SC/BW Bisu/Boxer/Flash/Jaedong

xSEnergy

Yesterday just for the sake of watching the OG pros play against each other... BW seems so drastically different with SCII. I must say I do miss having to manually click my scvs to go mine instead of them automatically walking towards the mineral lines. I don't know why but it seems like it was the right thing... at least to me anyways. Now the game is oversimplified to appeal to casual gamers but loses the hardcore gamer base, which then loses popularity in terms of competitive gaming. Of course this is only my opinion, but based on numbers of people watching streams, SCII views are considerably lower than anything on BW. It was fun to watch mostly because the pros could do things where a common player couldn't. That was the difference and that was what made it fun to watch. Again that might just be me... I acknowledge that Blizzard was trying to take away some of the more seemingly useless things like only being able to select 12 units and manually selecting workers to mine so that people could concentrate in macro and better gameplay. However, with the types of new units that Blizz came out with uses considerably less micro compared to the ones in the past and is so much less exciting to watch.

Phoenixes to autoshoot instead of Corsairs with disruption web (yes Phoenixes have Graviton Beam but still no micro involved considering the Phoenixes becomes immobile after using it.) Prime example: Colosus vs Reaver/Shuttle micro. Ohmahgod if I could ever control a main army and being able to have PERFECT shuttle micro. It was an absolute pleasure and beauty to watch pros control the shuttles. Now anyone can be herp derp. Click a Colossus and you're done with micro. Even if you created a Warp Prism for your Colossus... it just isn't the same. It doesn't do the splash damage necessary to harass workers constantly and much to pricey. At least in the old game you can run away from wraiths or what not with upgraded shuttle speed, but DAFUQ 9 range vikings?! Oh dear lord. Then there is the marauders with concussive shells. Almost a guarantee kill since it slows and removes micro. Infestor with fungal. They have a dumb thing where Protoss can get a Mothership to create a black hole toilet and storm. What the flob happened to the Protoss Arbiter technology for Stasis? Mothership black hole. "micro" Archons into there TROLOLLOL and GG zerg.... goodbye all your expensive Broodlords and Corrupters. Then in HotS you have those idiot proof helion robots that transform. Swarm hosts who flobing stay stationary AND HARASS opponents for you by shooting little bugs at you. What's with all these stupid 9 range/even 12 range units? Is it to compensate for a relatively weak race or to be a dumb unit that needs less micromanage for players. YES TEMPEST SHOOTS SO FAR WHOOPDEEDO. I don't get it.. With years of development and these are the units that they come up with.... Several gaping holes are bandaged with Roach and Infestors. Relatively weak gateway units (and by far less intimidating when you see 2 probes and a zealot to harass) are bandaged with forcefields and Warpgate. To say the least when I watched the old replays of the pros.... so much more exciting than watching people in SCII with a much more limited variety in gameplay.

I would hate the key mappings if i went back to that game. There was so much unnecessary micro. M for marine? Wtf lol that's on the other side of the keyboard! I miss the units of course, detector >> raven. If they could refine the graphics and use the sc2 mapping it would be a great re-release.

Yeah I agree with you. new graphics with altered hotkeys but same units should be good.

I would hate the key mappings if i went back to that game. There was so much unnecessary micro. M for marine? Wtf lol that's on the other side of the keyboard!

small hand syndrome.

@op, bw/sc really did require alot more micro... didn't make it through your whole post but there are things like selecting all your buildings instead of individually clicking, selecting multiple workers and just building multiple buildings w/o individually selecting...... these things were what spiked my apm over 300. now i can hold 150-200 and still have good micro/macro. i understand where you're coming from dah

small hand syndrome.

@op, bw/sc really did require alot more micro... didn't make it through your whole post but there are things like selecting all your buildings instead of individually clicking, selecting multiple workers and just building multiple buildings w/o individually selecting...... these things were what spiked my apm over 300. now i can hold 150-200 and still have good micro/macro. i understand where you're coming from dah

Oh I forgot about that. I mean some features are okay but others like automine is dumb... especially in HotS when they AUTOMINE AND AUTOSPLIT DAFUQ