Hero Roles

NoWaterJustIce

I wanted to make a lists of all the current hero's and their roles so we can see where we are good and where we are lacking. With this list a hero can be in multiple roles

Carry(14)

-Kerri

-Cain

-Tychus

-Lz

-leo

-Shadow

-Zera

-Darpa

-Toxi

-Grunty

-Nova

-Tosh

-Zergling

-Maar

Ganker(18)

-Bio

-Brine

-leo

-Shadow

-Zera

-Rancor

-Tass

-Nova

-Tosh

-Zergling

-Toxi

-Unix

-Null

-Garamond

-Grunty

-System

-Jakk

-Cow

Jungler(9)

-Shadow

-Tass

-Nova

-Tosh

-Grunty

-Zergling

-Leo

-Balrog

-Darpa

-Boros

Tanks(10)

-Brine

-Micro

-Drake

-SS

-Balrog

-Tychus

-Lz

-Vorpal

-Erekul

-Jackson

Initiators(9)

-Brine

-Micro

-Drake

-Vorpal

-Boros

-Zera

-Tass

-Jackson

-Queen

Pusher(8)

-Bio

-MK

-Zergling

-Maar

-Unix

-Garamond

-Queen

-Jakk

Burst(16)

-Cain

-Cow

-Brine

-Vorpal

-Drake

-Boros

-Rancor

-Vergil

-Nova

-Dustin

-Raynor

-Garamond

-System

-Null

-Jakk

-Darpa

-Balrog

Support(9)

-MK

-Rory

-Egon

-Queen

-Null

-Rancor

-Raynor

-Maar

-Jakk

Feel free to suggest if you think a certain hero should or shouldn't be a specific role(i dont play all the heros and i dont see them all played enough to know) or if there is a role you notice isn't up there let me know. Note that just because i have put a hero in a certain role doesn't mean i think that they are great at it just that they can do it well enough to be classified that way

dustin is a burst dmg dealer, not necessarily a carry. despite his short cd ult in late games, dustin isn't that good compared to those leechy true carries.

But the burst dmg gets quite consistent late game, idk I'm iffy on where Dustin really goes in the first place (hence the ?)

Drake= tank, initiator, spell burster, ad carry.

I try to forget the ridicules burst dmg from drakes lance and ulti, but as far as Ad carries go i wouldn't put drake on a list.

I never saw tychus or maar carrying team... Tychus can tank and initialize but lack DPS (at the end) to carry.

And you are forgetting System and Grunty are the one of best ganker.

Jakk could be average ganker but still good and Pusher

Raynor and rancor are also good support.

I never saw tychus or maar carrying team... Tychus can tank and initialize but lack DPS (at the end) to carry.

And you are forgetting System and Grunty are the one of best ganker.

Jakk could be average ganker but still good and Pusher

Raynor and rancor are also good support.

-Tychus is one of the hardest late game carries and Once Maar has his int items can rape entire teams from afar (Fire ball has a range of 20 does 7-800 dmg and has a 2 second cd)

- i did forget thank you for reminding me

-KK :)

-while rancor and raynor could be support i feel as though nobody would ever build them that way as they are so much better as int burst casters

Well I say support because Cow's wall can be used both offensively and defensively for teammates, building Cow for IH usually means supportive type items and yeah, like you said the toilet provides healing/sustain thus support. But of course, that is just my opinion. As for the pseudo-carry thing, i say no because I don't find it as a concrete role.

Well I say support because Cow's wall can be used both offensively and defensively for teammates, building Cow for IH usually means supportive type items and yeah, like you said the toilet provides healing/sustain thus support. But of course, that is just my opinion. As for the pseudo-carry thing, i say no because I don't find it as a concrete role.

imo the wall is just another form of cc, but it also does massive aoe dmg. Most cows ih are built Pure int and semi carry teams. i suppose you could build support for cow but it just wouldn't be as good. I dont often see cows in pubs but i would assume you would still build tanky int and possibly aa

Support(8)

-MK (because of aura)

-Rory (because of stun and healing)

-Egon (because of healing)

-Queen (because of stun and healing)

-Null (because of stun i guess)

-Rancor (because of stun and scans?)

-Raynor (because of silence and mark?)

-Maar (because of auras)

Then, we couldnt add Jakk as support because of the lineal stun and the free wards?

I suggest adding -Summoners- to the list

(1st rate means completely reliant on summons and needs them 100% to survive, 2nd rate means reliant on summons, but can live without them.

- Tosh (2nd rate summoner)

- Gara (Extreme 1st rate summoner)

- Raynor

- Biotron (1st Rate summoner)

- Crackling

- MarineKing (1st rate summoner)

- Tassadar (2nd rate summoner)

- Unix

- Queen (1st rate summoner)

I'd like to see more Extreme 1st rate summoners. A hero with a summon isn't really special tho ): When it comes to a point you have to rely on them (like gara's final and his AA) it becomes super reliant on them where you can't even do anything without them. (Not to mention Tower Support)

Questionables:

- Rory? (If you count turret)

- Jakk? (If you count his final as a summon...)

I suggest adding -Summoners- to the list

(1st rate means completely reliant on summons and needs them 100% to survive, 2nd rate means reliant on summons, but can live without them.

- Tosh (2nd rate summoner)

- Gara (Extreme 1st rate summoner)

- Raynor

- Biotron (1st Rate summoner)

- Crackling

- MarineKing (1st rate summoner)

- Tassadar (2nd rate summoner)

- Unix

- Queen (1st rate summoner)

I'd like to see more Extreme 1st rate summoners. A hero with a summon isn't really special tho ): When it comes to a point you have to rely on them (like gara's final and his AA) it becomes super reliant on them where you can't even do anything without them. (Not to mention Tower Support)

Questionables:

- Rory? (If you count turret)

- Jakk? (If you count his final as a summon...)

Don't really see how it would be a role. Summons are really just skills that help with certain roles (ei. Scouting for ganks, dps for pushing and possibly carrying, etc).

Don't really see how it would be a role. Summons are really just skills that help with certain roles (ei. Scouting for ganks, dps for pushing and possibly carrying, etc).

It is a type of hero. They help provide map awareness and help multi-push lanes. It also requires enemies to target more than 1 enemy. Summoners can be unique in their own way :) They can be used for flanking too.

I find it hard to say that Gara is not a summoner and Marine King is not a summoner. They kinda are =/ especially as some heroes can't deal with summoners since there are so many and may lack AoE.

P.S. Isn't Micro a ganker? He has teleport and can gank enemies with - Teleport + Throw -