OLD timescale question.

Keithdehun

1. IF lets say i have max weapon speed and i have like 25% old timescale (IE masume). Since its the old timescale i will have 25% of my time sped up, so 25% movespeed cdr etc. But will i attack 25% faster and go pass the attack speed cap? Or remain under the max attack speed which is 500% i think so...?

2. Also If shadow has max stacks with masume and ulti which is 50% timescale does he attack 50% faster?

3. Does old timescale boost ur attack speed? Will it count as attack speed?

4. What is the max weapon speed in terms of agi? ( bad at math)

Timescale(old) and Time/Timescale(new) operate on the same principal; they make seconds tick faster relative to the game clock. Attack "speed" is a misnomer since the value doesn't indicate how fast you attack but rather the cooldown delaying your next attack. If your Attack CD is 2, it means you attack once every 2 seconds. If you had +100% Timescale, you count seconds towards those 2 seconds twice as fast and, thus, finish the CD in 1 second of global time. However, they wanted Timescale to affect skill cooldowns without affecting attack speed and move speed. So, with timescale(old), they did this; they built in an attack CD debuff. It increases the CD for your attacks so that when the timescale effect consequently decreases them, the net change is 0. With my example of a +100% timescale effect, old timescale would double your attack CD (to 4) then cut it back down to 2. Your tooltip will display an attack speed of 4, but the unit is "existing" at twice the speed of normal time so he motors through those 4 seconds in 2 seconds of global time. So you get no net change with timescale alone. Once you hit the attack cap, though, it's a different story. Timescale will continue to accelerate your character's time without limit, even though your attack speed has stopped progressing. If you're at the speed cap, and got an old timescale effect, it would debuff your attack speed thus pushing you away from the speed cap (while, relative to global time, you're still attacking at the same speed you would if you were still actually at the speed cap). Then, you're free to stack more attack speed buffs to bring you back down to the cap and, thus, your relative attack speed is faster than the cap in global time.

Current Timescale has no attack speed re-calibration, however. +25% Timescale would increase your action-rate by 25%. 25% more DPS, 25% more move speed, 25% faster cooldowns, the whole shebang. It won't be displayed on your hero's card; their numerical attack speed will still be the same. But their effective attack speed will be faster. You can even see it with their animation if you stack several timescale effects (ie. 5 Small Hadron's + Yamato Active) you'll see the hero's "fidgit animation" accelerate. Again, he's still counting those 2 seconds between attacks, he's just counting them faster.

Max attack speed, in terms of agility, is as follows: Attack speed cap is +400%. Attack Speed from agility is +0.29% per point of agility and it stacks multiplicatively. So for x agility, your speed bonus is [base_speed * 1.0029x]. What value for x will give you a value of 5 (which equates to 1(base) + 4x(400%)? Log1.0029 5 = x. If your calculator can't make a log to a custom base, you can use the Log Natural function (ln). (LN 5) / (LN 1.0029) = Log1.0029 5 = 555.78. So 556 Agi with no other attack speed bonuses will put you at the attack speed cap.

So with current timescale if I cast a buff on myself that normally lasts 10 seconds and I had 50% timescale bonus, it would only last 5 seconds but still grant the same total effects?

Does timescale affect item cooldowns?

What if I cast a debuff on an enemy, would it tick at a faster rate or would it depend on their timescale?

Is there any example where having more timescale could be a bad thing?

IIRC, they had it set so that buffs are based on global time so they don't grow or shrink based on timescale. Same for item cooldowns; you can demonstrate this by using the Yamato active and observing that the CD rate stays the same. I forget whether debuffs are still affected by timescale, but you used to be able to stack timescale debuffs on a target and then put some long disable (ie. Rancor's Snipe stun) and it will last quite a while. I think they may have changed that, but I'm not certain. The only reason having more timescale would be a bad thing is if the item slot you subsume to get it could be better utilized for some greater benefit. Inherently, there's nothing bad about timescale.

IIRC, they had it set so that buffs are based on global time so they don't grow or shrink based on timescale. Same for item cooldowns; you can demonstrate this by using the Yamato active and observing that the CD rate stays the same. I forget whether debuffs are still affected by timescale, but you used to be able to stack timescale debuffs on a target and then put some long disable (ie. Rancor's Snipe stun) and it will last quite a while. I think they may have changed that, but I'm not certain. The only reason having more timescale would be a bad thing is if the item slot you subsume to get it could be better utilized for some greater benefit. Inherently, there's nothing bad about timescale.

That was when SFG did -90% timescale it was a real cheesy move :P

Anyways what about time splitter? Does it debuff old timescale? it seems to effect movement speed, so im guessing it uses the principal of old timescale? Does time splitter cause debuffs to last longer? (I know u don't know but yeaa if anyone knows)

and thanks Midknight

The trend about timescale is suivant: it only helps you - debuffs last shorter while buffs remain the same.

So with 100% timescale a normal stun that would stun you for 2 secs will stun you only fir 1 second while lz overdrive (debuff immunity lasting 5 secs) will last 5 seconds no matter how much timescale (bonus) you have.

I do not know how it works when you have negative timescale but I think that stun casted on you will not be enleghtened else a ghost sniping enemy under zera bubble would shut enemy down for the entire duration of the zera ulti which is not the case I think.