For the hope of having a nice quiet thread for Chat

xSEnergy

Why can't we just have a few threads that are nice and friendly. Although they seem a bit pointless at least they don't have any raging or any flaming or any derailment besides random topics to be discussed. What's the wrong in that? I don't understand why threads are being locked.... Some of the threads are not even developed yet and it's just immediately put down as if it were rabid dogs.. I mean if you don't have these friendly threads then at least have some chat thing on the forums. Am I right or am I right?

I would be all for a chat thing :) As for chat threads many of them are just people spamming or being Bm/troll. I would bet that if there was a thread made that was for chatting and people actually chatted(not 2 word responses, posting random pics, or 2-3 people spamming to each other) it probably wouldn't be locked. (at least by me)

Why can't we just have a few threads that are nice and friendly. Although they seem a bit pointless at least they don't have any raging or any flaming or any derailment besides random topics to be discussed. What's the wrong in that? I don't understand why threads are being locked.... Some of the threads are not even developed yet and it's just immediately put down as if it were rabid dogs.. I mean if you don't have these friendly threads then at least have some chat thing on the forums. Am I right or am I right?

There's a big difference between a thread that was created to be locked, a thread that was derailed, and a thread that was created to be lighthearted. When someone starts discussing who to ban or why mods suck, they should expect it to get locked. If they fail to anticipate that, it's their own failure. If a thread has nothing meaningful left to contribute and has been derailed into becoming the location for this year's Dumbtoberfest, it will get locked. Again, failure to anticipate this is no one's failure but your own. But if you're gonna start a thread simply for lighthearted, benign nonsense, I really don't have a problem with that. So carry on, do some benign trolling, some jibes in good fun, and keep it reasonably civil.

I would be all for a chat thing :) As for chat threads many of them are just people spamming or being Bm/troll. I would bet that if there was a thread made that was for chatting and people actually chatted(not 2 word responses, posting random pics, or 2-3 people spamming to each other) it probably wouldn't be locked. (at least by me)

But even then pictures would be related to some overall tying factor.... besides.. pictures are worth 1000 words :)

There's a big difference between a thread that was created to be locked, a thread that was derailed, and a thread that was created to be lighthearted. When someone starts discussing who to ban or why mods suck, they should expect it to get locked. If they fail to anticipate that, it's their own failure. If a thread has nothing meaningful left to contribute and has been derailed into becoming the location for this year's Dumbtoberfest, it will get locked. Again, failure to anticipate this is no one's failure but your own. But if you're gonna start a thread simply for lighthearted, benign nonsense, I really don't have a problem with that. So carry on, do some benign trolling, some jibes in good fun, and keep it reasonably civil.

So why was my other threads locked for creating lighthearted nonsense? I suppose that even if you have no problem with it maybe some other person doesn't care for lightheartedness.

Btw I'm not retarded. I understand why derailed threads get locked and threads created to be locked, but I feel not all of the threads should have been locked because it was created for lightheartedness. But then again I suppose it's highly subjective for you all considering sometimes you jump into the middle of a thread and assume it to be "derailed," which more than often is true, but yet not always.

^-^ <3

...pictures are worth 1000 words :)

So, what you're saying is that Pictures = Spam, amiright? I mean if someone writes 1000 words about cats or trains, or any other subject that could be contained in a picture, it'd surely qualify as spamming, right?

So why was my other threads locked for creating lighthearted nonsense? I suppose that even if you have no problem with it maybe some other person doesn't care for lightheartedness.

Btw I'm not retarded. I understand why derailed threads get locked and threads created to be locked' date=' but I feel not all of the threads should have been locked because it was created for lightheartedness. But then again I suppose it's highly subjective for you all considering sometimes you jump into the middle of a thread and assume it to be "derailed," which more than often is true, but yet not always.

^-^ <3[/quote']

Must be a difference of opinion as to the meaning of "lighthearted". Like I said, keep it benign, and you're fine. Once it becomes malignant, someone's likely to take a scalpel to it.

So, what you're saying is that Pictures = Spam, amiright? I mean if someone writes 1000 words about cats or trains, or any other subject that could be contained in a picture, it'd surely qualify as spamming, right?

Unless of course it's 1000 words about something relevant and not about cats and trains. Depends on the situation :D

A picture can still be used for illustration of something or an example other than spam. Somewhat vague lol

Unless of course it's 1000 words about something relevant and not about cats and trains. Depends on the situation :D

A picture can still be used for illustration of something or an example other than spam. Somewhat vague lol

Basically ur bored, so you close as many threads as you possibly can, even though they are barely derailed and are interesting. Closing "derailed" threads is certainly not the way to go, if the discussion is interesting you can just put it in a separate thread instead of just closing it. I hope I don't get a warning for this cause this is just a suggestion given how the thread is slightly getting derailed towards a discussion of the moderation.

Basically ur bored, so you close as many threads as you possibly can, even though they are barely derailed and are interesting. Closing "derailed" threads is certainly not the way to go, if the discussion is interesting you can just put it in a separate thread instead of just closing it. I hope I don't get a warning for this cause this is just a suggestion given how the thread is slightly getting derailed towards a discussion of the moderation.

It's quite within my capacity to close all the threads. So, no, I don't close as many as I possibly can. Also, I can think of lots of far more interesting things to alleviate boredom than tediously closing threads on a forum.

It's quite within my capacity to close all the threads. So, no, I don't close as many as I possibly can. Also, I can think of lots of far more interesting things to alleviate boredom than tediously closing threads on a forum.

I would believe if you did close all the threads I doubt Red or Ecko would find it very humorous. Not to threaten you or anything, but it would be logical that if you did you'd be removed as a moderator?

And if you were to close them I would think that's borderline abuse, if not plainly abuse.

I'm thinking about shutting down the general chat section at the moment. Not because the section is bad, but the quality of threads and posts here are noticibly decreasing.

You can't even have one section for just fun? for the sake of shaps and giggles? Something less serious and related to other topics? I think even the battle net forums you have something like that....

I'm going to be depressed now...