[New Hero] Shadowmaster.Zha'kul

Baggins

Changelog:

12/02/2012

- Hero made

- Changed how shadow Swarm works

- Changed heroic passive to have an active to it

12/3/2012

- Added hotkey description for heroic active (E)

12/4/2012

- Nerfed Heroic passive

- Changed name on Q ability

- Updated description of abilities

12/6/2012

- Changed attack speed of shadows to a flat rate of 1.

Name: Shadowmaster.Zha'Kul

Portrait: Sentry

Unit Base: Dark Sentry

Type: INT Caster/Initiator

Script: After being corrupted by MAAR, along with numerous other protoss, Zha'Kul did not revert back to his previous state of being once MAAR was destroyed and order was returned to the world. He embraced this newly found dark power. His allegiance however switched to more of a path to good, wanting to end the war against the hybrids. The presence of the two hybrids at this battle compelled Zha'Kul to join the fight.

Zha'Kul is a master of the shadows, hence his name, he can turn an enemies strengths against them, while still holding many of his sentry powers but adding dark magic to them, making them much more potent. Zha'Kul can block enemies or kill them with his shadow barrier, and can swarm an enemy with shadows of themselves, making him the ultimate bane to any carrying heroes.

Allignment: Chaotic.Neutral

Starting Stats:

Base Health – 220

Movement Speed 2.9

Attack Range 6

Attack Speed 1.9

Base Damage 25

Base Armor 1

Strength – 20 + 4

Agility – 18 + 3

Intelligence – 26 + 5

--

Abilities:

Heroic Passive/Active: Guardian Aura (hotkey E)

"Holding true to his sentry nature, Zha'Kul gives off a presence that lessens damage taken."

Passive: Allies within a radius of 10 of Zha'Kul gain 10 Damage resist.

Active: Doubles the value of the passive (graphic shows a guardian shield), lasts 10 seconds. 55 Second cooldown after activation (45 seconds after shield goes down).

--

Ability One: Shadow Muck

"After channelling for .3 seconds, Zha'Kul turns the ground in an AoE of 3 into dark matter, slowing down enemies and doing damage per second. Lasts 4 seconds."

Energy Cost: 80/100/120/140

Cooldown: 20/18/16/15

Range: Casting range of 7, 3 unit AoE.

Level 1: Slows enemies by 10% and deals 30 (+20% INT) spell damage per second

Level 2: Slows enemies by 15% and deals 50 (+20% INT) spell damage per second

Level 3: Slows enemies by 20% and deals 70 (+20% INT) spell damage per second

Level 4: Slows enemies by 25% and deals 90 (+20% INT) spell damage per second

Effect: The ground will gradually turn into a dark purple, once the cast time is up, it will be a deep dark purple color, showing where the dark matter is located.

--

Ability Two: Shadow Barrier

"Zha'Kul uses the basic sentry spell but infuses it with dark magic. This creates a forcefield at the target location that is 2.5 units wide and will explode after 2 seconds, causing damage to enemies within a 3 unit AoE of the forcefield. Zha'Kul can hold up to a certain number of charges at once, based upon spell level. Forcefields do not block creeps."

Energy Cost: 20/30/40/50

Cooldown: 10 seconds between charges, no CD between charges.

Range: 6 casting range.

Level 1: Forcefields deal 60 (+40% INT) maximum of 2 charges.

Level 2: Forcefields deal 80 (+40% INT) maximum of 3 charges.

Level 3: Forcefields deal 100 (+40% INT) maximum of 4 charges.

Level 4: Forcefields deal 120 (+40% INT) maximum of 5 charges.

Effect: This is Zha'Kul's main spell, works extremely well with the ultimate and Q combination.

--

Ability Three: Punishment

"Zha'Kul passively deals spell damage to nearby enemies based on a percentage of their main attribute."

Energy Cost: None (passive)

Cooldown: None (passive)

Range: 6 units AoE

Level 1: Deals 1% of main attribute as spell damage per second.

Level 2: Deals 3% of main attribute as spell damage per second.

Level 3: Deals 5% of main attribute as spell damage per second.

Level 4: Deals 7% of main attribute as spell damage per second

Effect: This helps Zha'Kul shut down casters and tanks to an extent, making him a higher priority target in team fights, also works well with Nitrogen Retrofit to stop runners.

--

Ultimate Ability: Shadow Swarm

"Zha'Kul casts for .67 seconds and then sends shadows of all enemy heroes in the target area (AoE of 6) after the unit from which they were generated. Shadows deal 30 + (5%/100 INT (of Zha'Kul))% of the target's weapon damage. Also replicates any passive abilities (this includes uniques on items). Shadows have no collision radius and move at a flat movespeed of 2.9, and attack at a flat rate of 1. Shadows last for 10 seconds at all levels."

Energy Cost: 200/350/500

Cooldown: 100/80/60

Range: casting range of 8

Level 1: Spawns 2 shadows

Level 2: Spawns 3 shadows

Level 3: Spawns 4 shadows.

Effect: Works a lot like Shadowmourne, except there is a higher probability of the shadows not reaching their mark, unless executed correctly. Shadows spawn in randomly around all the targets (in an AoE of 5 from the origin unit).

Alright guys, I haven't made a hero in awhile, i guess I was saving up my creativity for a good one, let me know what you think because I really enjoyed making this hero. Constructive criticism appreciated :)

Oh good god, YEEEESSSS. Shadow Swarm on Shadow. BOING! BOING! BOING!

But, in all seriousness, this sounds like a great hero. I can't really think of much to say, apart from maybbbeeee make Shadow Swarm use the target's items, not sure about that, and maybe make the shadows attack all of the enemy team? Also, the passive evasion seems a bit... odd, evasion is a tricky mechanic, and I'd say a plain damage resist would be better, maybe even an active DoT and damage reduction guardian shield?

Well, the damage resist would just be the same as LZ's passive, so i figured I would go for some evasion...

The Shadows proc ALL passives, including those from items (works like shadowmourne, which will proc FoE for example).

But the shadows fighting teams gave me an idea... I think i might change it to it targets a selected area, replicates all units in that AoE, and those will go crazy and attack all nearby enemies, following the same targeting as just plain old AA, so creeps would take the hit, that way it could make it possible for a team fight to turn really sour for your opponents instantly. But wouldn't be completely imbalanced.

.67 seconds... how precise.... lol

Yeah I agree with hitechgunner, you should make the HP an active guardian shield.

I guess i could do a Heroic active, or maybe a split between the 2, I'll come up with something.

The .67 seconds, its 2/3 of a second, meaning that yes its precise, because I didn't want a half, and I didn't want 1...

Lol, its a good counter to shadowmourne, which there needs to be one for anyway, I would find that to be HILARIOUS, I am not a fan of shadowmourne because its an item that can be a nuisance, so i made a skill like it :P

But, calculating that damage, it would only be lets se, 120% of their weapon damage, but all proccing their item effects, trololol pyre and shadowmourne = gg, but the attack speed of the shadows won't proc too many effects (ie stun baton/lighting rod). I think the best would be hitting kerrigan, bouncing attacks all around :D

I just thought of this, the only real sentry spell i intended to use was the forcefield, and yet the hero has all 3, the shadows are like illusions, and the heroic passive/active, well guardian shield, I guess i got it pretty accurate without even trying :D

HP passive seems over powered for a Heroic passive.

At lv 18 you give 23% Damage resistance (counts true damage) aura.

Note: that Lord Z's passive only grants 10% Physical resistance to allies in same radius.

If you get both spell resist item auras it adds to about 20% Spell resist aura (+8% Physical Resistance) which is still weaker than the Passive.

If i was this hero, i would not go a caster build, i would go a tank build, as a lot of his really good abilities do not even require him to scale barely any int at all. (Final with % to weap damage isn't really a big deal, it is basicly about the unique items that will destroy the hero.) [Passive scales with enemy stats not urs so no need to get int for it].

If you go tank, you can survive a good few attacks by enemies and final all of them if they are on you.

If he doesn't go tank, his low casting range will make him instantly die to enemies majority of the times (especially if you get silenced by mossberg taser which outranges most of the abilities).

Suggested Build: [not in order] Spell Buffer, Korhal Vanguard, Super Heated Mantle, Nitrogen Retrofit, Force of Entropy, Barb Armor//Eletrical Mantle//Shrapnel Cloak. This will make Him slow super well for final to work effectively, you got high AoE damage around you, and you got a good 23% Damage resistance aura and 20% Spell Resistance aura. Total Pwnage.

Does Final make 4 clones of every hero it hits? [hit all = 20 clones, o.o] Also, the ability would be the ultimate counter vs Grunty, and enemies with Pyre. It would primarily be useless on casters. It seems like an Anti-AA ability (which would make going Tank very useful, as you already would have massive amount of spell resistance from items and passive [which also counters pyre].

-edit- His [Q] ability seems slightly weak is scaling. Suggest moving it from 20% to 30%? It really is the enemies fault for staying so long in the AoE of the ability if he stays so long inside it.

P.S. What is duration on [Q] Ability, and [Q] ability = same name as Vorpal's Passive. (I'm not sure if that means you shud change the name or not?) Illusions do not proc shadowmourne

Yeah, I'm nerfing the HP now, I thought about it after, just never got around to changing it again.

The Q, I forgot about that name, I guess I could change it.

The ultimate, the percentage of damage it deals is equal to +5% per every 100 of YOUR INT, meaning that if you have 100 INT, it will deal 35% of the target's weapon damage, and so on, it does not scale with the enemies, I think thats where you saw it.

My hope was that he could be built as either caster, tank, or caster tank, but I think he could tank too well, but yes, the ability to add lots of damage resist to your partners was kinda the point of the HP/HA.

Good catch with the Q, im not sure if I didn't notice it or just plain forgot.

Finally, the illusions do proc shadowmourne, so in total, you can have 5 shadows attacking them, which would just be pure ownage, because there needs to be a counter to shadowmourne, its too good as is.

Yeah, I'm nerfing the HP now, I thought about it after, just never got around to changing it again.

The Q, I forgot about that name, I guess I could change it.

The ultimate, the percentage of damage it deals is equal to +5% per every 100 of YOUR INT, meaning that if you have 100 INT, it will deal 35% of the target's weapon damage, and so on, it does not scale with the enemies, I think thats where you saw it.

My hope was that he could be built as either caster, tank, or caster tank, but I think he could tank too well, but yes, the ability to add lots of damage resist to your partners was kinda the point of the HP/HA.

Good catch with the Q, im not sure if I didn't notice it or just plain forgot.

Finally, the illusions do proc shadowmourne, so in total, you can have 5 shadows attacking them, which would just be pure ownage, because there needs to be a counter to shadowmourne, its too good as is.

I ment about scaling with passive.

The scaling isn't a big deal on final, since the best part you want is it to scale with their items, as Spell and True damage will still do 100%. Physical isn't really a big deal as Agi enemies with high attack have high armor, and INT heroes have low attack speed and Tanks won't have any attack or attack speed at all. The final is more directed on items. (Shadow with 200 phys +5% max hp spell damage per attack isnt much diff from 100 phy +5% Max Hp spell damage per attack as most AGI heroes have a nice 65% physical resistance. The pyre will be the one messing them up (hence shadowmourne is so strong.). That is wat i ment.

There is a glitch that prevents illusions to proc shadowmourne. If you have illusions proc shadowmourne it will reintroduce the glitch. It would also make Tassadar and Bandit artifice proc shadowmourne (As it currently does not, I've tested it my self and many other ppl reported it too). The reason for this: Shadowmourne Clones were procing shadowmourne (Since the clone itself would reset the duration of shadowmourne per attack for projectile heroes). -edit- Of course you will have to get shadowmourne yourself and you can attack them. Then they got 5 clones totally owning them. I suggest making clones disappear once target is eliminated (this would own in a team battle with an enemy grunty as you got 4 grunties with passives each dealing up to 177 true damage every 0.5 seconds and not counting pyre (Assuming he got it) and other heroes you cloned.

The final ability sort of reminds me of a more aggressive version of a final for a hero i made (Troxin Troller).

Ok, well, since the game works that way, I won't request any craziness that would involve having shadows proc shadowmourne, we'll just let that one slide ;)

But otherwise, the ult is staying the same, if you are being beat down in a team fight, well you will die. But the attack speed on the shadows is always 1, it is not affect by any other effects, that way there will be no crazy attack speed, it will be average, but this hero, as I named it in my signature, is named the "Carries' Bane" meaning that if there is a team of lots of carries, well they are done.

But otherwise, the ult is staying the same, if you are being beat down in a team fight, well you will die. But the attack speed on the shadows is always 1, it is not affect by any other effects, that way there will be no crazy attack speed, it will be

Ultimate Ability: Shadow Swarm

"Zha'Kul casts for .67 seconds and then sends shadows all enemy heroes in the target area (AoE of 6) after the unit from which they were generated (also procs with creeps). Shadows deal 30 + (5%/100 INT (of Zha'Kul))% of the target's weapon damage. Also replicates any passive abilities (this includes uniques on items). Shadows have no collision radius and move at a flat movespeed of 2.9, and attack as fast as their origin unit. lasts for 10 seconds."

The attack speed on shadows is 1? What? It says it attacks as fast as their origin unit. The attack speed of clones (shadows) aren't 1 either, the only reason they seem slower is because they don't have the Talent (AS buff) and other buffs that Actives provide (like HoM).

oh shoot i thought I had that changed lol... Well, good catch in that case, yes the shadows were supposed to be 1, at least I think I intended on putting that in. If they are changed to 1 i think the ultimate will be fairly balanced, it will fight back those that have lots of Attack damage, rather than attack speed, and punish those enemies for getting good items (those fiends!).