E-Mantle & cool downs

WhitetrasH

Okay... am i the only one the realizes that it doesn't do what the item info says, which is that it proc's every 8 seconds... every time i've attacked someone that has electric mantle it proc's more along the line of every 4 maybe 5 seconds... Seriously either fix the item or fix the tooltip!

personally, i think that CD times should not effect items in ones inventory, it breaks the item & to a point the game with massive cooldowns on such vital items such as Emantle/shrapnel ect... isn't the timing on the usage of items supoose to be key to a engagement? With CD effecting items it makes it very difficult to perform a role in game, i.e. if a target hero over extends he should be punished yet with the item Emantle he over extends & with enough health & CD can get away from any assault that seems to come his/her way.

Time goes by faster in-game. 8 seconds may very well be 5-6 seconds in real life. CDR doesn't affect items as far as I'm aware. Nor should the old timescale.

i.e. if a target hero over extends he should be punished yet with the item Emantle he over extends & with enough health & CD can get away from any assault that seems to come his/her way.

Umm, there are escape/gap closer abilities on practically every hero that is going to be affected by an electric mantle.

Tank items are there to make you more resilient. If you have two people attacking a non-tank that is overextending, then there is no excuse why you can't hurt him seriously or get the kill. Overextending on a hero that is good at escaping is a viable tactic as that lures people in for a gank so that your team can catch the enemy out of position.

If it's a tank that's overextending, then you just got baited. Your fault. Why would you even try to kill a balrog with barbed, 7k hp, 50% Spell Resist and 40 armor while the enemy team is up? Making overextension an instant death as you seem to suggest allows teams to capitalize too heavily on mistakes, leading to snowballing and making many advanced bait tactics too risky.

Indeed with Ninja, when you see 20 minutes of the game and you realize you are still in the laning phase, it's because that the time runs faster in the game, you maybe spent 12-15 minutes of real life.

I noticed that because in Dota, in the 7 minute mark, for example, you can have lvl 6.

Indeed with Ninja, when you see 20 minutes of the game and you realize you are still in the laning phase, it's because that the time runs faster in the game, you maybe spent 12-15 minutes of real life.

I noticed that because in Dota, in the 7 minute mark, for example, you can have lvl 6.

It's because the game speed is set to Fast.

@Ninja - the situation i was in is where i was a dps hero & a null over extrended, there was 2 of us that attacked the null (his first item was Emantle) i had pyre by then & the other guy was a shadow, with a nice amount of damage.. when we attacked him, we both got stunned & we both got stunned again about 4-5 IN-GAME seconds later again & by then he was in tower range & we had low HP due to the pure damage output of the Emantle, not his counter attacking... he without even hitting us with spells did a massive amount of damage with mantle without even laying a finger/spell on us. I feel that mantle is just to strong as it is right now. I have played a game before where i had about 2,5k hp & mantle hit me for about 1/4 of my HP... i just feel the item needs to be looked at... somethings now right with it! The stun i don't mind & to a certain degree the damage i dont ming... it's the amount of time it takes to proc the next stun thats the problem. It does it's job to well!

As i said before... items in general, shouldn't have the benifit of CD reduction, it makes counters to easy & procs to well with certain items.

@Ninja - the situation i was in is where i was a dps hero & a null over extrended, there was 2 of us that attacked the null (his first item was Emantle) i had pyre by then & the other guy was a shadow, with a nice amount of damage.. when we attacked him, we both got stunned & we both got stunned again about 4-5 IN-GAME seconds later again & by then he was in tower range & we had low HP due to the pure damage output of the Emantle, not his counter attacking... he without even hitting us with spells did a massive amount of damage with mantle without even laying a finger/spell on us. I feel that mantle is just to strong as it is right now. I have played a game before where i had about 2,5k hp & mantle hit me for about 1/4 of my HP... i just feel the item needs to be looked at... somethings now right with it! The stun i don't mind & to a certain degree the damage i dont ming... it's the amount of time it takes to proc the next stun thats the problem. It does it's job to well!

Umm, Electric Mantle does not stun multiple people as far as I know.

I think you are referring to magic missile, lol. Maybe he casted it in your face?

Mantle only does 225 spell damage, so it was clearly not the mantle that was hitting you for 1/4th of your hp. Check if your opponent builds barbed and if he is vorpal.

strong item that has been buffed repeatedly due to complaints about AA carries dominating. balance debatable. EU says OP. NA hasn't really complained that much.

Let me fix it for you. Whitetrash and maybe 2 more random players says OP. NA and EU hasn't really complained that much.

Generalize is bad.

It is 6 seconds and does 225 spell damage the last I checked. It is a strong defensive item that penalizes kiting, but it can be countered by spell resist and burst AA.

Im pretty sure that electric mantles spell damage is bugged though, instead of doing 225, it does 225% of the incoming damage. Im not 100% certain though, so take this with a grain of salt.