Pubstar Diversity

BiGnBuehrle

I've been playing for quite awhile in Pub town and I am noticing that a large percentage of the "stars" only play 1 hero all the time. They have, in their eyes, mastered that one hero(most often an agi carry) and they do not expand from there.

If there was an increased incentive on assists and supportive duties (ie. Healing, potion donation, buffing/debuffing allies, etc) would we see a more balanced/team oriented pub experience?

Kill counts are sexy and hard to not strive for, but perhaps there is a way to better reward team players.

Actually you are wrong. At least for NA, in my experience there is only two players I would consider skilled enough to be considered pub stars, that would fall under the description you gave. SUPERMANA plays only Shadow, and doesn't even have a high kdr. (slightly less than 2-1). He plays well for a Shadow only player, and never really has a "bad game". Either he wins, or his team losses the game for him. Demetori is good at many heroes, but plays the vast majority of his games as Jackson. However, seeing as it's not an op aa hero, there is nothing to really complain about in his instance.

The majority of people that play one aa hero are not stars. They are pathetic failures that the real pub stars crush underfoot daily.

The people that play aa carries really well are usually capable of playing most other heroes really well, and play aa heroes well as a result of better knowledge of positioning, mechanics, builds, etc, and not just more practice with aa carries.

In EU we have Suhov, one of the few russian players who speak English, and he just play Zeratul (and in a very average level) he is never welcomed on IH for obvious reasons.

There are also "tons" of only 1 hero players, most of the time Nova and Shadow (far from decent players).

Anyway even in the ih community, having a huge hero pool (more than 70% of the heros) is something strange.

One fun thing about the current version of AoS, is that just about any hero can be extremely strong in an individual way, just you have to know how to build them in ways that address their core deficits and don't focus too much on buffing their innate strengths. Yah I know it sounds counterintuitive, but right now there are many great defensive and utility items that counter typical carry builds and many offensive items and build strategies AA heroes can use that counter or at least mitigate much of the effectiveness of the wide variety of defensive items.

I have been playing a long time and I would say you can do better individually with any hero than ever before, unfortunately many people are just too inexperienced or else just not smart enough to put two and two together and realize it is pointless to do 100000000000000000000000000 damage a second on Kerrigan if she is gonna get one shot by Cyprus or disabled by Zera's bubble and killed over and over again. Or in a recent game a Dustin player went for a straight int build on him (no utility or defense) even getting multiple arguses and the only reason he got so many items was the game lasted an hour and a half. Needless to say he did terribly but at least he stayed. He would pretty much instadie and complain about how OP Shadow is over and over and over again when every time I engaged Shadow I would kill him easily because I didn't go straight int or DPS on my hero. The best way to play Dustin (the best pub way at least) I think is to be very tanky with ihan and nitro retrofit as your only intelligence items and rely on a Khaydarin for mana regen. The rest of your items are gonna be barbed, electric, and carapace and then either superheated or executioner's axe (I usually start superheated because the utility drone and the burn from mantle clears creep waves very well, but late game sometimes sell it if I need an extra slot for executioner's).

And not to start a flame war, but many of the builds suggested by inhausers on this forum are absolutely TERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIBBBBBBBBLE (especially for support heroes) at least for pub play and probably pretty mediocre for team play as well but because everyone uses the same builds and has the same hive mind in that environment, those builds become the standard. And I know this from experience because I have played every hero quite a bit and find out pretty fast what is weak and what is not when you can't depend on your team to do everything you hope they will do with the heroes you want to be partnered with (because in pub games you get whatever people pick and you never know who is gonna suck or not or who is actually going to stay past the 10 minute mark).

Actually you are wrong. At least for NA, in my experience there is only two players I would consider skilled enough to be considered pub stars, that would fall under the description you gave. SUPERMANA plays only Shadow, and doesn't even have a high kdr. (slightly less than 2-1). He plays well for a Shadow only player, and never really has a "bad game". Either he wins, or his team losses the game for him. Demetori is good at many heroes, but plays the vast majority of his games as Jackson. However, seeing as it's not an op aa hero, there is nothing to really complain about in his instance.

The majority of people that play one aa hero are not stars. They are pathetic failures that the real pub stars crush underfoot daily.

The people that play aa carries really well are usually capable of playing most other heroes really well, and play aa heroes well as a result of better knowledge of positioning, mechanics, builds, etc, and not just more practice with aa carries.

Have you seen SPIRITCHILD?, Ive seen him quite alot and hes good but only plays shadow.

I've never seen a good game with supermana either, lol. Maybe it's cause my DARPA rolls him upside down and left-right :/

And Owl, your builds ALL revolve around tankiness :/

(Next thing you know, we'll see you building system with 4 carapaces...)

I am still not quite sure why u need to have Dustin be a tank....he does some impressive burst damage to multi targets with laser and rockets twice in 2 seconds. Each hero has a role....if u need a tanky hero, pick a tank.

Owl, I realize you like all of ur builds to be tanky, but there is a place to compromise. Dustin needs to be able to pump out damage, not tank and tickle enemies.

most pubstars can play more than agi heroes. If they are solo though it is alot easier to carry a shapty team with an agi than it to carry it with intel.

2600/400 pub star checking in

rolled those NA scrubs a few months ago before my break, they know who they are. Heard they were mad as hell too

1000:100 NO MADK

most pubstars can play more than agi heroes. If they are solo though it is alot easier to carry a shapty team with an agi than it to carry it with intel.

1000:100 NO MADK

lol that it?

when they reset the globals way back i played zera until i got 100 deaths

went a bit over 1300/100 until i gave him a rest. since then its been playing other heros

NO MADK?

lol that it?

when they reset the globals way back i played zera until i got 100 deaths

went a bit over 1300/100 until i gave him a rest. since then its been playing other heros

NO MADK?

Playing just zera and you died 100 times lawlzor

NOMADK?

Supermana is terrible, just a really aggresive shadow that ganks lanes with newbies/feeders any chance he gets and lets it snowball. The typical 4 duran machete, HoM, pyre shad, only he knows what neutrals are and how to pick out weak players.

Worst thing is I caught him hacking one game recently in such a manner that the replay was utterly hilarious to watch. Basically, the first thing that made me say WTF was I was farming the thor camp near our base when the creeps spawned and he shows up just as I finish off the thor and shades and gets first blood. I could of been anywhere else on the map and he singled me out (he was mad about a previous game I played Shadow against his Shadow and things did not go well for him). Then I literally died twice after that in the first several creep waves while farming neutrals again and at that point I figured there was no way he was simply lucky. He tried several more times doing the same thing (no wards of course) and failed, but it was obvious he had vision of the entire map and wanted to kill me and only me. I forget which team won, but he was rolling with a premade and the fact none of them would admit to him hacking was hilarious because he made it about as obvious as you can get, short of actually having spyware on his computer to see what programs are loaded.

Now the funny thing is I have never seen any evidence he hacks in other games, but this one it was like he had something to prove to himself or to me, but the only thing it proved was how to get on my blocklist for life.