Leavers

Qlx

Hello,

after not having played any AoS for about one-two months, i've decided to give it a go.

I was very impressed by the new Items, and the new balances that were made.

Because of my lack of time i'm still forced to play pubs, and therefore the main two issues are leavers and complete noobs (that normaly leave aswell).

Being outnumbered a lot also, well...., makes you rethink the 7%.

I've hardly ever managed to win a game against 5 other people with just one mate if it's not a nova-shadow combo, or boros-shadow, or ... whatever works well together.

In the earlier minutes of the game it seems like you're winning. thats because you (eventually) got money from the leavers, and got 3 times 7%.

However, at the higher levels the 21% bonus is NOTHING. You cannot farm faster then 5 people as a two man team, and the only benefit you ever have is 21%.

That's just to low.

I wouldn't have to quit ...like every third... game because it's full of noobs if i knew that i could actually win at the end.

The 7% are okey, if you fight each of the five enemies one by one, maybe take two at once.

But once they run around like scared idiots (...in gigant groups) you have no chance.

If the percentage was increase many would say that the last remaining heroes would become utterly OP and they'd cry because they couldn't manage to win alone. But isn't this the point?

You/your two-man-team should only be killable if everybody from the enemy team helps eachother and does his job well.

Agree or disagree,

either i am wrong, i am just a bad player, or i've went completely retarded.

Tell me what you think,

and what you do when you it's 1-5/2-5.

Thanks for reading.

I think its a very delicate balance to strike.

You'll notice that time is on the side of those with more players as your mineral advantage diminishes very quickly. Once everyone has 4-6 final items the player number is what counts.

To address leavers, the solution is not to buff the remaining heroes in my opinion. Instead, what could be done is:

1. Reduce bounty from neutrals/lane creeps for team with more players (reduce the effect of time slightly and give the lower player team more of a fighting chance)

2. Increase HP/Damage of lane creeps of team with fewer players (more push force, meaning team with more players can't just focus on ganking the other team to get them to quit due to higher numbers)

It's sad that a game start with 5v5 and in 10 minutes its 2v5, then this 2 players if they are competent enough will win the game in the next 15 minutes.

As Takeray guy said, there should not be bonus to the team with leaves than just a higher income (i feel that the +7% strong is retarded), and a punishment for the leavers.

For example, when I play a pub, if 2 or more members of a team drop I just leave the game to don't loose more time, if my team leave in mid of a game and I have a carry I have chance to win just because the money, and when the enemy team has a lot of leavers and the rest of them are good enough I try to finish as soon as possible or they will snowball so hard with that money.

I generally don't like 1-2-3-4v4-3-2-1 games

You'll notice that time is on the side of those with more players as your mineral advantage diminishes very quickly. Once everyone has 4-6 final items the player number is what counts.

I agree, but is it not fixable? Can we just not equalize both numbers and items?

Not all tooo correct, but not incorrect, isn't it?

As Residente said, yes it is winnable, it's actually easy. If you play with a friend and you're both medium-well-skilled players and both play rather OP heroes (lets call them not UP), you will easily find yourself having the upper hand after everybody is maxed. Or you can win it before, but, at that point a 2v5 with 5 tanks is very much different to one with 5 AA heroes.

I also agree on that being a very delicate issue, that is not easily fixable, but it needs some rethinking.

Especially with items like Darwins Might, which would keep you alive in the most ridiculous fights, and Items like the Shadowmourne.

I can blame leavers that leave in the choosing-screen/close the window during the loading-screen, or w.e.

But i can't blame those that leave because the game is no more fun, because they're outnumbered, there are feeders, afkers, noobs or relentless players. I do leave a lot of games, yes, but not because i'm loosing or because it's just a lack of skill (I have no problem whatsoever with loosing fair), but because theres no fun involved if one team gains more then just the upper hand.

I find the team with more people generally wins. It is so much easier to push all three lanes and like someone mentioned in another thread, you have item advantages. You have to counter fewer heroes and can therefore afford to buy specific items that counter their heroes hard. Whether its taser for casters, stun baton for channelers, Shadowmourne for on attack procures, Shrapnel for AA, Parralax for DoT/debuffs, Barbed and Executioner's Axe for Leech. As long as your team is competent and you chose a decent team composition, you should beat the team with fewer people. You have advantage in skill diversity, item diversity, people to push lanes, as well as hopefully a burst caster, aaer, and tank which if the other team lost people probably doesn't have one of those. They should not be able to counter your whole team, if they can, you chose a bad team comp. Even if your team isn't smart enough to have a good team comp you should try to let them pick first and try to balance out the team with your pick.

That's just my opinion. I've played games where I was on the team with fewer and had decent carries and still won because the other team didn't counter us at all with item picks. If you think the bonus is so strong then experiment with in houses, because I would bet the IH team with more people would dominate.

Umm, why should the game give a win to a team in a disadvantaged scenario. It already gives the carries more money, and buffs them up a lot. If a 4 man team loses to a 5 man team, that is absolutely normal... 4>5. Whenever you intervene it just makes it more imbalanced as some heroes benefit greatly from extra income and stats while others don't.

And your example of a two man team forcing a five man team to the height of their teamwork is ridiculous... it takes a lot less skill and coordination for two overpowered heroes to kill a team of squishier, weaker heroes. Why should the five person team be forced to fight an imbalanced setup? With no leaver bonus, it forces the team with leavers to surrender so they can move on and get to another game.

Huge leaver bonuses make for frustrating games in which the smaller side dominates. Nova/Shadow/Zeratul, for example, just becomes extremely overpowered because shadow and zeratul already have the ability to kill multiple people alone, and nova is just flat-out powerful. Give them free money and stats and, well, the 5 man team doesn't deserve to lose the game because of that.

Have you been up against a single player in Hero Attack with a 250% leaver bonus? That stuff is ridiculous.

Yes, I agree some heroes are quite strong with bonuses like Zeratul. Just recently played against a Zera and Cain(2 people) and my team had me as Drake, Summers, and Raynor(3 people). At first it was a very difficult match up as both enemies were fed. But as the late game came and I got the right items(Shrapnel, Axe, E Mantle, Organic, Spell Buffer, and Barbed Plating to counter the Zeras Pyre, Darwins, TimeSplitter, Explosive Retrofit, Sliptide) I could still solo both of them. Since neither of my partners took any counter action against our enemies... Though this is probably a bad example since it was only 2v3, but they still had a hard carry that played well.

I never really see the 7% buff. It doesn't seem to fully be 7% (Unless spread evenly with team). The only think i notice change is the Maximum Hp on heroes becomes higher (by about 7% per person leaving?). Also i think there is a giltch, where if the game hasn't started, or you start with a man down but it doesn't count as a leaver, you will NOT recieve the 7% Bonus Buff. BTW you shud see Hero attacks Bonus buff system. It is friken insane. I remmeber like the 3rd game i played we lost a 5v1 because the enemy had +70% Attack Damage, Spell Damage, Max Hp, Damage Resistance, Hp Regen, Energy Regen. He was unstoppable >_>. It is fine as it is (don't want no hero attack problem). Just fixed the mineral problem where standard bank money No transfer to allies ): [Only items do ): ]

I never really see the 7% buff. It doesn't seem to fully be 7% (Unless spread evenly with team). The only think i notice change is the Maximum Hp on heroes becomes higher (by about 7% per person leaving?). Also i think there is a giltch, where if the game hasn't started, or you start with a man down but it doesn't count as a leaver, you will NOT recieve the 7% Bonus Buff. BTW you shud see Hero attacks Bonus buff system. It is friken insane. I remmeber like the 3rd game i played we lost a 5v1 because the enemy had +70% Attack Damage, Spell Damage, Max Hp, Damage Resistance, Hp Regen, Energy Regen. He was unstoppable >_>. It is fine as it is (don't want no hero attack problem). Just fixed the mineral problem where standard bank money No transfer to allies ): [Only items do ): ]

A team with leavers doesnt deserve to win because they have extra money -.-

I can't speak to balance, There definitely seems to be a short term advantage granted to the team with leavers that is usually overcome depending on the timing of the leaves, etc... (i.e. if larger team was already ahead or can hold out long enough)

Tell me what you think,

and what you do when you it's 1-5/2-5.

If i'm shorthanded in a 1v5 or 2v5 (and more often then not a 3v5 depending on state of game) I surrender so everyone can get in another game. Sure, it may be possible to win, but more often then not it is a waste of time. I see no point in waiting for the larger team to blunder and consider it disrespectful to keep going (unless my teammate absolutely insists on continuing, I won't quit on them)