The State of AoS

Ben

This game is hardly fun anymore. In pubs at least. Not because of the constant feeding, lag and noobs. But simply because shadow and boros are broken for pub play. I was a zera, and the shadow was attacking so fast that while I ultied him, he was able to kill 2 people on my team and you sure as hell can click on him. And sadly no attempts are made to fix these problems. Boros less so because there are so many counters to him, but hes still pretty good, one of the better pub carries. Also Leech, its terrible. You can easily heal 250 HP per hit on shadow/boros/nova meaning in less than 20 hits you will be pretty much at full hp. There is nothing you can do to counter this. Granted there is Executioners axe but you have to be able to hit them for that to work, and you can't even click on a shadow with full attack speed.

All in all the game isn't even fun to play anymore, pubs at least. You can give me a whole list of things to do. But most of the time you don't have the money to get the counters.

Its impossible to give you a whole list of things to do in a pub, becasue this game is 5v5 and 80% of the time you cant rely on your mates, and you cant rly 1v5

Fair point, but this was basically a 4v4, (we had one feeder, but they fed us so it was basically even) and the shadow just flobed us up no matter what we did the only thing that worked was chain stunning so there was no hp regen or movement at all (he had crazy MS)

So break it down to the main problem. The real issue is the new players here, not the heroes. New players have no idea how to counter shadow and boros and just keep feeding which is the source of the problem. This happens all the time in LoL too when I play in the low level games.. so many experienced players stomping low levels.

have u ever tried a shrapnel cloak? lol pretty boss vs a shadow

I find shrapnel cloak is not a very good counter to shadow, as he just puts himself in his vortex, which negates the 2 of the 3 seconds of not being able to aa. You would have to taser, then shrapnel, and even then you would have to have significant stuns/slows to make sure he doesn't just run away after that.

And how often does that actually work? He vortexes, shades, then he is in front of you raping you again

alot and all you have to do is stick together and focus him and dont be roaming around by urself he will rape most heros 1v1

and then you pop another shrapnel, or burst him down with a caster after the vortex before he can start his AA again. SHades only deadly if you either A run or b feed him to hell. Everyone is deadly when you feed them to hell.

thank you rem!

I find shrapnel cloak is not a very good counter to shadow, as he just puts himself in his vortex, which negates the 2 of the 3 seconds of not being able to aa. You would have to taser, then shrapnel, and even then you would have to have significant stuns/slows to make sure he doesn't just run away after that.

and exactly wat rem says multiple shrapnels works very well and this game is based on team work so try that stick together and some1 get to get a exe axe in ther and its game over these items are not bad at all if used correctly

The opening post made me almost fall out of my chair in laughter. Not because I disagree with your points (well, about the Shadow part, I do, by a fair amount) but because you are saying about having trouble with shadow WHILE PLAYING ZERATUL. Bro. You are calling out a member of the holy trinity as OP, because he beat you playing another member of the holy trinity. That's a big no-no. You do not have the right to call anything op, while playing an op hero yourself. If you were to say "he killed my Raynor, or he beat my Grunty" or any heroes from a quite large list that most people consider balanced, your post would have merit. Shadow and Zera have roughly the same level of balance, as in they are both slightly op. If you he beat you, he is more skilled, or his team worked better or whatever. Zeratul, under no conditions, is weaker than Shadow.

EDIT: Damn it, FruitNinja. I was making a sophisticated post with eloquent language, and you ninja me with your two quote bs. What is this shap? Jesus.

The opening post made me almost fall out of my chair in laughter. Not because I disagree with your points (well, about the Shadow part, I do, by a fair amount) but because you are saying about having trouble with shadow WHILE PLAYING ZERATUL. Bro. You are calling out a member of the holy trinity as OP, because he beat you playing another member of the holy trinity. That's a big no-no. You do not have the right to call anything op, while playing an op hero yourself. If you were to say "he killed my Raynor, or he beat my Grunty" or any heroes from a quite large list that most people consider balanced, your post would have merit. Shadow and Zera have roughly the same level of balance, as in they are both slightly op. If you he beat you, he is more skilled, or his team worked better or whatever. Zeratul, under no conditions, is weaker than Shadow.

EDIT: Damn it, FruitNinja. I was making a sophisticated post with eloquent language, and you ninja me with your two quote bs. What is this shap? Jesus.

thank god someone else saw the irony, well 2 people XD

your ZERA, i mean shadow is arguably the weakest of the 3 heros that have been talked about, zera has a stun silence for an ulti, where if built right can easy solo any hero. OP just isn't very experienced i guess.

• 2 weeks later...

i had a very good game today against a boros,shadow,leo,karrigan and in my team was a tychus,toxi,cain and me as Nerazim...both teams had one early leaver,game was very even and all had max items and maybe 20 k minerals,all towers and basestructures down ,then at 95 min mark final fight and we won this,best game i have played for a long long time....boros was tuff but he and the others can´t put all damage items on them because of my ultioneshot with 600 int and yamato,so what i wanted to say herocomposition and teamplay is very important....but that is luck on pubs