How do you build Cow properly?

HotGuyCalvin

INT: (Final build, not items you get along the way, not in order).

Argus

Gravity

Yamato

Star Fury

(Ihan along the way)

Nitrogen

6th int item. Primarily Sunflare Gun.

-edit- 6th item doesn't have to be an INT item. Primarily it is your flexible item for countering enemies like Doom stated below.

Depending on the enemies state of mobility, and team coordination.

If mobile, get Warp Shard, if not coordinated, get Flare gun.

Blue Gem

Nitrogen

Argus

Symphonic Seed

Gravity Edge

Yamato

(Get Ihan stacks at some point, sell Blue Gem if last item, or having difficulty gaining/keeping stacks).

complete Sunflare Gun/SHC

But cow is really one of those heroes where you improvise. It's not like say Nova, where you will probably go Lethal Barb > Pyre > Khali Blade > Timesplitter > BHM > Darwin's Might or pretty similar build in a usually predetermined order. You constantly got to adapt to the situation, for example getting a Taser, or E Mantle, or any of a long list of potential items if the situation requires it.

Since I'm in a generous mood, I will discreetly share with you my closely guarded build which I developed after much trial and experimentation in intensely contested field of public games.

- Superheated Mantle

- Electric Mantle

- Small Hadron Collider

- Pyre

- Lockbox

- Star Treks

This is a universal sure-fire build for Cow in any situation. In fact, its so universal that it works for any hero in any situation. With this, you can become a one man army versus anything your opponents can think of; except that taser, screw that.

Since I'm in a generous mood, I will discreetly share with you my closely guarded build which I developed after much trial and experimentation in intensely contested field of public games.

- Superheated Mantle

- Electric Mantle

- Small Hadron Collider

- Pyre

- Lockbox

- Star Treks

This is a universal sure-fire build for Cow in any situation. In fact, its so universal that it works for any hero in any situation. With this, you can become a one man army versus anything your opponents can think of; except that taser, screw that.

I missed star treks so much until the transport talent came into play.

There are two ways that are best.

INT Chuck.TBone:

-Blue Gene

-Argus Crystal

-Yamato Reactor

-Gravity Edge

-Sunflare Gun / Another Argus Crystal

-Star's Fury

-If you are a risk-taker or dying: Drop/Sell Blue Gene for another Argus Crystal [or SFG if you got 2x Argus earlier]

Tank/AA TBone:

-Darwin's Might

-Black Hole Magnum

-Organic Carapace

-Force of Entropy

-Galactic Defender

-Isomorphic Pyre

Cow is a hard hero to play for a variety of reasons. One of them being that his skills don't do much DPS. I tend to focus more on burst AA with him because he has good native mobility and good mechanics for isolating enemies and then killing them.

And though warp shard and impact dial are good items on him because they allow you to blink to melee range of an enemy hero to use stomp, which you can then use to move behind the enemy and wall them off, I feel I need the inventory for hardcore DPS on him.

So I like:

Lightning Rod, Pyre, HoM, Yamato Reactor, Black Hole Magnum, Darwin's Might,

Basically, you charge up two charges and then stomp ahead of someone, wall behind them and toilet (giving you two more clips), then use your burst AA plus clips to mow them down and activate HoM and Yamato reactor for 85% more attack speed, but more importantly 40% movement speed which allows you to maintain chase and finish them off.

Cow is a hard hero to play for a variety of reasons. One of them being that his skills don't do much DPS. I tend to focus more on burst AA with him because he has good native mobility and good mechanics for isolating enemies and then killing them.

And though warp shard and impact dial are good items on him because they allow you to blink to melee range of an enemy hero to use stomp, which you can then use to move behind the enemy and wall them off, I feel I need the inventory for hardcore DPS on him.

So I like:

Lightning Rod, Pyre, HoM, Yamato Reactor, Black Hole Magnum, Darwin's Might,

Basically, you charge up two charges and then stomp ahead of someone, wall behind them and toilet (giving you two more clips), then use your burst AA plus clips to mow them down and activate HoM and Yamato reactor for 85% more attack speed, but more importantly 40% movement speed which allows you to maintain chase and finish them off.

I feel like you could make this more effective by just replacing the HoM with Nitrogen retrofit since Pyre will then slow them. Keep in mind that slows > movespeed buffs in almost any situation because of the way it's calculated. In addition, it gives nice INT for cow and a good amount of HP. Since you already have Darwins, you should be fine in terms of leech. If that's that much of a problem still, and you're going for auto-attack damage, grab a masamune to give movespeed/attack speed, in addition to a lot more damage. Just trade out the lightning rod since it's a lower tier item.