Boros Chat

Peas

You mean to tell me, that the pub team did not ban Boros, especially against Highdrator? Damn, they need more help than I thought......

We never once played Boros, even though it wasnt banned. You know why? Because he isnt nearly as strong as you seem to think he is and doesnt fit a lot of strong team comps.

We never once played Boros, even though it wasnt banned. You know why? Because he isnt nearly as strong as you seem to think he is and doesnt fit a lot of strong team comps.

Not banning Boros when against highdrator would have been like...... I can't even come up with a good comparison.... Bishop's Mandrake is the best analogy I've got.

As for lanes, and my perception of strength, yes, I find him problematic only late-game, and because I never play aa carries, so if your team was strong enough to shut him down early game, or had competent aa hero teammates I wouldn't consider him OP. But you gotta admit, in a pub setting he is op, because no matter what happens, he IS going to get those massive amounts of farm, he is going to eat my idiot teammates alive, he will be unstoppable by the 25 min mark. For me, he is undoubtedly op, because in the IHs I play, I make sure he is banned, and in pubs he dominates, so I never see any evidence to the contrary.

Well.... the most cheesy hero in the game atm, yes, but in the right hands is utterly deadly. That's why I brought the comparison of Bishop's Drake. At the time Bishop was playing, it was v4. something, where anyone could land a mag-lance combo and pluck 9/10 times. However, Bishop was infinitely better than all others of that time at drake, with better map sense, positioning, and average knowledge of game, mechanics, and strategy. Last time I played against Highdrator's Boros, he killed my Mule 3 times with Boros. 'nuff said.

Well.... the most cheesy hero in the game atm, yes, but in the right hands is utterly deadly. That's why I brought the comparison of Bishop's Drake. At the time Bishop was playing, it was v4. something, where anyone could land a mag-lance combo and pluck 9/10 times. However, Bishop was infinitely better than all others of that time at drake, with better map sense, positioning, and average knowledge of game, mechanics, and strategy. Last time I played against Highdrator's Boros, he killed my Mule 3 times with Boros. 'nuff said.

Maybe your mule forgot he kould lokboks himself when he got ulted.

Maybe your mule forgot he kould lokboks himself when he got ulted.

Well..... one time I just died straight up from a single bola (had a close fight with zera, that I barely won), before he could ult me, another time I just panicked when I saw him coming at me, without any of my creeps nearby, so I forgot, and last time I had both a creep wave and lockboxed self, but he still killed me in about 3 strikes out of 8 (largely thanks to team that fed him ~20 kills while I pushed down 3 towers and feasted on his teammates). I actually have the replay, but I don't share ones in which I lose.

'

Doom, we understand that you think Boros is OP you have made that clear in multiple threads. The entire ih community disagrees with it, it didn't win a lot of games in the tournament either, and given that the pubstars have yet to win a game against the mumblers, maybe there is a slight possibility you just don't know how to deal with the hero.

Anyway this is clearly off topic and it owuld be nice if you stopped derailing every other thread talking about how boros is OP, if you have a problem with it just make a new balance thread that ecko won't read anyway but stop posting about it everywhere.

Boros is still good situationally if he isnt rofl-countered mid and your opponents have a super squishy lane he can gank. We played an IH today where our opponents tried to cheese with a raynor rancor lane. As soon as our Boros hit six we managed 4 kills in the span of a few waves.

Just as a side note, ever since creeps have been increased, I do not see many people play boros in pubs these days. Before there used to be a boros every single game, but now not so much. I see nova and shadow more often now

This is a very good observation. I find you really need a superheated on him now late game just to help passively kill creeps so that you can actually use omnismash effectively. I really have no idea why the devs have this fascination with creating craploads of creeps every other patch which causes lag issues and lots of rage among many people, only to reduce the creep spawn rate when enough people complain, and then a few patches later increase the creep count a whole bunch again, but that is another discussion.

I can still do very well with Boros, though I find a straight up weapon damage build on him is not really effective because his SS nerf has made it so it is harder to clear creep waves (which you need to do to use omni), as well as the fact late game there is not much you can really do about clearing creeps efficiently enough, rather you just have to bola a player away from the creeps and then omni them, or else melee them down enough that you can kill them with only a few strikes of your omnismash.

Meh, It is rather annoying if you accidental run into boros alone. He insta-kills casters so well. [Late game, Boros got 4 hero kills [all low hp casters] during only final by himself]. ): Of course, a team and a tank (proper IH team) easily counters him, and reduces him to a standard (or lower) hero.

With nerfs to Crit Hits. A standard AA hero can actually counter, if he gets AGI items. It really lowers the damage by alot.