Rebalance cost of Glutton's Bite and Darwin's Might

GhostEU

First off, I think the cost of Darwin's Might is fine.

However, I feel Glutton's Bite recipe costs too much for what it does - its barely better than Leeching Saber and the active lasts only for maybe 2-3 hits and is lacklustre.

What I think would make more sense is to reduce the cost of Glutton's Bite from 1625 down to 1150 and increase the cost of Darwin's Might recipe by 475 to compensate (total 1875).

Any comments?

Yes leeching sabre can pay for itself in 4 minutes of gameplay. The 15% is a great item. Many people use it and it is quite cheap for 700 minerals.

Not 4 minutes.

5 gp10 is .5/sec. So it takes 700 seconds to break even and 1400 seconds to fully repay the cost (but it actually starts making income after 700). 700 seconds is 11 minutes, 40 seconds.

except its either sold or used as a part of something so cutting the price in half ie sellback is the standard typically used. 4 minutes is still wrong, but not by much

...did you just ignore the second half of my sentence?

.5/sec takes 700 seconds to pay off 450, which is the sellback price. If you had bothered to read the end of my post, 700 seconds is 11 minutes. That is a heck of a lot more than 4 minutes.

except its either sold or used as a part of something so cutting the price in half ie sellback is the standard typically used. 4 minutes is still wrong, but not by much

Wrong. At 700 seconds, you gain a total of 350 minerals. That is breaking even (IF YOU SELL IT).

Life steal is already strong. Glutton gives an additional 5% more life steal, 20 more weapon damage (which increases your leech too). And during active, it acts like an additional leech item, even if temporarily. Just activating it will actually canel Barb armor. (Barb reflects 50% back, but with natural spell resist, it is reduced to 40% and you leech 45% you will actually gain hp during the activation.). Note that also 2.5 seconds is all that is needed to gain a massive boost.

Note: 20 Weapon = 680$ (Based of sledge hammer, 0.8 of them)

Note: 20% Leech = 950$ (Based of Zerg symbiosis, 2 of them)

Thats 1630$ right there. That would also take 3 inventory spaces and doesn't include the activation too.

Early game you could get 3 hits with glutton, and you will heal usually about 100 - 250 HP from the active alone. It may not seem alot, but if you add that on all the other leech, you can really stack it up, and heal it. In my opinion, it seems a little, to good of an item. (It has a low CD, is halfway from Darwins might at 1/3 the cost instead of 50% the cost).

Glutton's Bite is Zerg Symbiosis (475) + Quantum Spade (325) doubled in effect.

If you consider doubling the cost of the base items: 1600

So the total cost of Glutton at1625 is actually higher than buying the parts on their own. Of course more space wasting, but generally recipes cost less than it would to build it with components alone. It doesn't in this case