Darpa build

Smuma

You can kinda take your pick of Lethal, khali, prye, archbound, stunbaton, force of entropy, agressors guise, phantom menace/sliptide, shadowmourne etc

Usually you see darpa used as max attack speed hero bc he kites so well and does craptons of DPS

really depends what your opponents do too

sometimes you may need a shrapnel cloak, executioners axe or other items

Pretty sure theres a darpa guide FWIW

I start of with Duran's Machete in the early game until I get:

1. Valor's Manifest 1400

2. Leeching Sabre

I grab leeching sabre because for 700 minerals, it gives you 15% leech and an additional 5 minerals every 10 seconds. The leeching sabre will pay for itself in 4 minutes of play with the sabre. It is a transitional item that I love to get.

3. Lethal Barb 4400

I deviate from a damage build with pyre or contamination shard for the lethal barb. Going crit build will not only give significant leech bonuses, but is more effective against armor types and STR heroes that opt for barbed plating.

4. Khali Blade (4600-4900minerals?)

By the time you have Lethal barb and Khali blade you can take down heroes with ease.

5. This part is up to you but you need LEECH

You can either get Darwin's for leech or other leech items, but I prefer darwins. You may sell leeching sabre at this point.

6. Now that you have leech, and a good crit base it is perfectly up to you. If you want movement/mobility:

Movement: Agressor's Guise, Arcbound ravager (helps with crit build but the crit might be unneccessary)

Defensive: If you fight against AA initiators like Zeratul, Alpha Crackling, Lord Zyrkhan, Leo, etc, a electric mantle is essential against quick initiators.

7. Manasume- the manasume can generate incredible amounts of damage with the crit build. However, it is rare for a Darpa to get to this point because each item you've bought so far is expensive. But if you do, Manasume can bring your crits into the 600-800 crit range.

8. Completely up to you at this point, you can grab executioner's axe for leeching heroes. Pyre for strong tanks or contamination shard, taser for spell caster heroes, the options are endless. You will sell valor's manifest the last, but make sure you have full stacks. With the sonic grenade on Darpa,(even though the grenade doesn't work properly) you can dish out an additional 90-270 damage to the enemy hero.

Calvin's build is highly expensive, and weak before you have a high crit chance. Yes, in the long run a crit build is probably better, but most games are over before you can max out on the most expensive items in the game.

A build I'd recomend would be:

Duran's Machete * 2, leeching saber early game

Pyre

Pulse Hammer

Afterwards in whatever order:

HoM

FoE

Galactic defender

C Shard/Massume

BHM

Calvin's build is highly expensive, and weak before you have a high crit chance. Yes, in the long run a crit build is probably better, but most games are over before you can max out on the most expensive items in the game.

A build I'd recomend would be:

Duran's Machete * 2, leeching saber early game

Pyre

Pulse Hammer

Afterwards in whatever order:

HoM

FoE

Galactic defender

C Shard/Massume

BHM

Your build is very effective as well. But I would like to add the importance of valor's manifest. Valor's itself can be a tier 3 item at full stacks. With a potential of 100 agility, that equal to 50 weapon dmg plus armor, and weapon speed. The item already has 10% weapon speed, and Im not sure what the other statisitic is.

For your build I would go in this order for cost effectiveness:

Duran machete 2x

Leeching Sabre

Valors

Grab Pulse hammer - i do this because of the str stat and heroes getting away. If you have stack valor with the synergy of wep speed and slow it is useful.

Pyre

Then grab ocelot revolver

From there, grab FOE

Finish BHM

Manasume

But this build I will comment, does well during longer engagements, chase scenarios, but it is very effective as well since early and midgame, you can scale and keep up with the Joneses'.

For an alternative build:

1. Durans

2. Leeching Sabre

3. Ocelot's revolver

4. Pyre

5. HOM

6. Manasume

7. Build Ocelot to BHM

8. Then you can go crit build if necessary like Lethal + Khali

This is the best build i have for AA carries at the moment. I you can get to late game its almost a guaranteed win, as long as someone else is not doing a crit build as well.

pyre

force of entropy

darwins

lethal barbed

khali blade

khali blade

You have great leech ( darwins active saves your ass in team fights when you are getting hit by 3+ enemies as you chew through them)

With darpa you get about 3150 hp, so its semi tanky

You end up with around 450 attack with consumables

Pyre

Sliptyde Scythe

Ihan Crystal (sell 10 minutes later)

Organic Carapace

Barbed Plating

Electric Mantle

Executioner's Axe

The order in which I get those items depends a lot on what is going on in the game, but pyre and sliptyde are always first.

It would be interesting to see who would win in a 1v1 of your build vs mine

Pyre

Sliptyde Scythe

Ihan Crystal (sell 10 minutes later)

Organic Carapace

Barbed Plating

Electric Mantle

Executioner's Axe

The order in which I get those items depends a lot on what is going on in the game, but pyre and sliptyde are always first.

so u re going to make a little tank hero i think its wont work very good witha agi hero

l.i tried urs a few time and combinated it a bit so

i got +200 miner skill

firts saber and a mana restore

than sledgehammer ---> flare gun , sell saber go for valors and olimpic now u can get barb and khali if u can get that u trie to buy masamune (option for hand of mengsk) How do u like this?

It would be interesting to see who would win in a 1v1 of your build vs mine

You would kill yourself with my barbed and my axe would nullify the leech from Darwin's you would need to counter my barbed. No spell resist on you to soak up that barbed damage and I probably would kill you with only one attack (all I would need to debuff you with axe). I know this for a fact because I have run into many a Nova or DARPA with pretty much exact same build and they all go WTF. Also, I and am not gonna debate the metagame or whether barbed, axe, and electric mantle are balanced or not, just that barbed works best on agi heroes stacked with health and some more armor whether it be from agility or armor items.

so u re going to make a little tank hero i think its wont work very good witha agi hero

The irony is tank builds with barbed work extremely well on agi heroes. Yah you of course want some DPS, but the fact of the matter is any decent player can farm the right items to counter your typical AA build with relative ease which is why you want to think hard about spell resist, health, and defensive utility when building your agi hero.

The irony is tank builds with barbed work extremely well on agi heroes. Yah you of course want some DPS, but the fact of the matter is any decent player can farm the right items to counter your typical AA build with relative ease which is why you want to think hard about spell resist, health, and defensive utility when building your agi hero.

so who's doing the damage for your team? The strength/int heroes?

Your outlook on this game is "me against the world". Everything you do and think, as it pertains to AoS, is filtered through the idea that you are all alone and need to somehow win a team game by yourself. You are free to this perspective, just keep in mind that your suggestions are usually not appropriate for anyone who cares to play to play this game with the intended teamwork component in mind.

so who's doing the damage for your team? The strength/int heroes?

Your outlook on this game is "me against the world". Everything you do and think, as it pertains to AoS, is filtered through the idea that you are all alone and need to somehow win a team game by yourself. You are free to this perspective, just keep in mind that your suggestions are usually not appropriate for anyone who cares to play to play this game with the intended teamwork component in mind.

From a pub perspective Owl's perspective is the right one, and considering more people play pub's then ih, I don't know why you so aggressively attack his build, from a utilitarian stand point his build is way more helpful then the one's primed for ih

From a pub perspective Owl's perspective is the right one, and considering more people play pub's then ih, I don't know why you so aggressively attack his build, from a utilitarian stand point his build is way more helpful then the one's primed for ih

How was I in any way "aggressively attacking" his build. Lol? I didnt even comment on his build specifically, other than to ask how he foresees his team doing enough damage. While I would argue that, even from a pub perspective, his build and his approach to the game are less helpful, that is neither here nor there. I included a very clear caveat that you somehow seemed to miss. Here, let me bold it for you:

"just keep in mind that your suggestions are usually not appropriate for anyone who cares to play to play this game with the intended teamwork component in mind."

I will agree with Peas that Owl's build is built for pubbing. His build is very pub proof offering both defensive and offensive mechanics. However, if you were to fight a pure crit build darpa with leech versus owl's build, it would be killed even with barb and electric mantle. Owl's build will allow Darpa to have an estimated 3200-3600 Hp. However, he has no leech to sustain his dmg with his main offensive item with pyre. Therefore, a Darpa with a crit build can not only out dps Owl's but in short time, kill it with 4-5 attacks. It also depends on who engages first, even if owl engages first the other darpa can just run away. There is no force of entropy, and the damage from just pyre and a bit of agility alone is not enough. Not sure how slipscythe will go for this, but it might be a decent addition to Darpa, I'm not sure because I never get slipscythe. Darpa's first attack online with cyanide clip and crit can do 700-900 damage. In a few seconds later with lethal barb, darpa can kill of the enemy even with electric mantle in a couple of bursts outsustaining Owl's with darwin's.

But yes Owl's build is good for pubbing, but slipscythe is an odd item to get for a second item in my opinon. There is no leech involved, so if owl really wanted to outsustain other heroes, I'd suggest opting out slip for darwins.

Pure crit build can destroy Owl's build:

Valors, Lethal barb, Khali blade, Darwins, Electric Mantle, Manasume, Sell valor's for either executioners axe, or grab Galatic to offset Owl's barb plating dmg.

I will agree with Peas that Owl's build is built for pubbing. His build is very pub proof offering both defensive and offensive mechanics. However, if you were to fight a pure crit build darpa with leech versus owl's build, it would be killed even with barb and electric mantle. Owl's build will allow Darpa to have an estimated 3200-3600 Hp. However, he has no leech to sustain his dmg with his main offensive item with pyre. Therefore, a Darpa with a crit build can not only out dps Owl's but in short time, kill it with 4-5 attacks. It also depends on who engages first, even if owl engages first the other darpa can just run away. There is no force of entropy, and the damage from just pyre and a bit of agility alone is not enough. Not sure how slipscythe will go for this, but it might be a decent addition to Darpa, I'm not sure because I never get slipscythe. Darpa's first attack online with cyanide clip and crit can do 700-900 damage. In a few seconds later with lethal barb, darpa can kill of the enemy even with electric mantle in a couple of bursts outsustaining Owl's with darwin's.

But yes Owl's build is good for pubbing, but slipscythe is an odd item to get for a second item in my opinon. There is no leech involved, so if owl really wanted to outsustain other heroes, I'd suggest opting out slip for darwins.

Pure crit build can destroy Owl's build:

Valors, Lethal barb, Khali blade, Darwins, Electric Mantle, Manasume, Sell valor's for either executioners axe, or grab Galatic to offset Owl's barb plating dmg.

Huh? You miss the executioner's axe? That means assuming Darwin's is active you get 15% leech and only 5% leech when Darwin's is not active. Also, you are engaging in theorycraft as I run into players using those kind of builds and they die even faster. And Masamune? ROFL that item just makes it exponentially easier to kill whoever is using it assuming you disable their leech. Try it out in single player with a friend 1v1 and see whose build comes out on top.

lol at your comment on masamune.

If you're capped out and have Khali + Masa, it's already 170 added damage. Then you can add on all that extra damage and probably get 425ish minimum.

And if it was a team-based situation, I'd just let a spell nuker kill you while I go off sniping your supports.

:)

Huh? You miss the executioner's axe? That means assuming Darwin's is active you get 15% leech and only 5% leech when Darwin's is not active. Also, you are engaging in theorycraft as I run into players using those kind of builds and they die even faster. And Masamune? ROFL that item just makes it exponentially easier to kill whoever is using it assuming you disable their leech. Try it out in single player with a friend 1v1 and see whose build comes out on top.

But 15% leech on this dmg still turns into 60 hp restored a hit, where witth he same dmg output (400 ) your barbed is returning something like 130 dmg a hit so it nicely cancels out his leech but hes hitting you for 240 true dmg, roughly 150 physical and 150ish spell dmg a pop. so altogether, 540 dmg taken off your hp each hit, hes hitting the attack speed cap so 2.5 attacks per second. Youve got what 4.5k hp with your build? Ignoring the electic mantles stun as u both have one, youve got an extra 1500-2k hp on him, it takes him 8 hits give or take one to kill you or 4 seconds, he deals after leach and mitigation 130 dmg to himself a hit so x 8 or 1020ish dmg to himself during this time span, Owl deals roughly 40 physical dmg, 190 spell dmg. And attacks roughly 2x a second. In the time spawn before the other build would kill his owls deals 1840 ish dmg which is roughly what is needed to kill the other darpa....

In a nutshell whoever engages first wins vs eachother their basically equals....

A correct DARPA build is weapon damage, weapon damage, and weapon damage regardless if it's an InHouse or Pub games.

A good DARPA player builds around his Cyanide Clip and Desperado Jump and that's all you needed.

You may switch around 1 or 2 items base on the enemy team but most of the time, you only have to worry about your damage output and the timing for the jump.

A correct DARPA build is weapon damage, weapon damage, and weapon damage regardless if it's an InHouse or Pub games.

A good DARPA player builds around his Cyanide Clip and Desperado Jump and that's all you needed.

You may switch around 1 or 2 items base on the enemy team but most of the time, you only have to worry about your damage output and the timing for the jump.

And there you have it ladies and gentlemen. Eternity, the beacon of white light, our rational to irrational world, our chinese man here to save the day. Like I said Owl, in a team game, Darpa's role is weapon damage. Not saying your build is bad, its actually quite nice for pubs, quite fool proof too, but Darpa is meant for weapon damage.

And there you have it ladies and gentlemen. Eternity, the beacon of white light, our rational to irrational world, our chinese man here to save the day. Like I said Owl, in a team game, Darpa's role is weapon damage. Not saying your build is bad, its actually quite nice for pubs, quite fool proof too, but Darpa is meant for weapon damage.

Unfortunately, it is easily countered if you go pure weapon damage with any AA hero and maybe that is a balance debate for the current list of items, but electric mantle, barbed, and axe plus solid amounts of health and armor to back up barbed will counter any pure weapon damage build on any hero. Maybe that is a good thing because AA heroes which everyone complains about are easily countered in this manner. Of course pyre and other spell damage items can be countered by spell resist, but the point is that if you have a skewed build like the one Eternity suggests (who obviously does not understand the mechanics of the game right now), it is not hard to counter provided you farm the appropriate items that keep up with whatever items the AA heroes are building.

And yes I know DARPA's skills scale with weapon damage (so do many heroes), but that does not mean going 100% offense on him is always the best idea. Realistically, you have to look at the items of the other team and go from a more general build starting with no brainer items like pyre and then adapt from there. I know Eternity likes cookie cutter builds, but cookie cutter builds don't really work that well anymore and that perhaps is a good thing as far as the game design is concerned. I mean when I see a DARPA, or Nova, or Shadow going with a standard weapon damage and lifesteal build with no utility or defensive items, I know unless my whole team leaves it is going to probably be an easy game no matter which hero I play. If they have a more balanced build with smart tactics, then I know it is going to be a lot harder to win.

Electric Mantle is a good counter when you're doing 1 vs. 1 without your team to back you up.

A properly initiated team fight will included a tank or initiator to touch your priority targets. In other word, the effect of electric mantle will be mostly on cool down when you, as your team's main damage dealer, attacks the target.

(If you're initiating a team fight as a DARPA, you're doing something wrong)

Barbed is a nice item to have against AA hero; however, the effect of BP can be reduced by simply having item that give you leech.

HoM will be a very effective item as it gives weapon damage as well.

Axe is also another nice item to counter; however, it requires your enemy to auto attack you and is only effective on ranged AA hero.

In a successful team fight, your team should keep enemy's AA hero busy at all time unless you choice to fight against enemy without the backup of your teammate.

the point is that if you have a skewed build like the one Eternity suggests (who obviously does not understand the mechanics of the game right now), it is not hard to counter provided you farm the appropriate items that keep up with whatever items the AA heroes are building.

I found it extremely funny when you try to discredit me without a proper reason.

I still actively play on NA InHouse and I helped suggest many changes which include the recent Balrog changes.

The only reason one would alter a hero's best scale ability, in this case his weapon damage, is that you do not work with your team or do not play the game as a team.

No matter you're playing LoL, Dota2, or AoS, there's a role for each hero. There are also many different builds; however, the best player is the one who utilizes the hero's potential to its maximum.

Sure, one can build DARPA to INT, to STR, or whatever, but the most effective way is weapon damage.

The effectiveness of the alternative builds do not really matter in non-competitive causal games; however, in higher tier competitive games; each and every small advantages counts and that's where the limit is for the alternative builds.

The causal gamers have more "generalized build" cause they do not depend on their teammate. (or they neutrally do NOT have any teammate that's trustworthy)

The pubber can only depend on themselves and that's the reason why some players in favor of alternative builds that has a little bit of everything.

However, it does not really putting the hero to his/her full potential.

Remember. AoS is a team-ordinate MOBA game not a solo all-star.