New Map Issue(s)

Eliwan

Put in balance section because it affects balance.

[pardon crappy drawings; I'm not going to boot SC2 just to take some screenies of this]

zt1.png

In this drawing [features the Zerg T1 top-lane tower]

-Brown is the lane itself

-The funky thing with the red shape atop it is a tower

-The green is a triangular shaped set of brush/los blocking

-the pink glow is the tower's attack radius

-The red is the jungle entrance

-the yellow is where one cannot walk

-The blue line shows where the tower cannot see past due to the brush

Anyway, this is a huge problem when being ganked-- the tower will not actually... defend you. If you stay at the tower and the enemy comes from the jungle, the tower will not SEE the enemy coming, AND will not be able to shoot at them as they run away in that direction.

All I want is for that to not happen-- so can it be changed from a triangle-shaped brush to a line? The tower should actually protect the people nearby it and the people the tower, not the tower being in a bad position...

Thanks ^^;

Oh, and naturally the same for the Protoss T1 Bot tower.

TL;DR:

See picture

Change the triangle green brush to a line so that the tower actually shoots at people past the blue line and can see the entire pink area, instead of not being able to see past the blue line.

Nothing. the problem is that neither you or the tower can see people coming from the jungle because the LOS blockers. this makes it so the tower wont attack people as they are coming to tower dive and as the leave it wont attack them either.

so you are giving players another reason to buy observer wards :)

Ok, but they also can't see u unless their creeps are around. Even if tower wouldn't attack them before they would start attack u. So I don't understand where lies the problem

The problem is that the tower doesn't protect you. Which... is sorta the role of the T1 tower early-game.

Also, if there are no creeps at all [lane clearing heroes], then you stick at your tower... and you're doing the right thing.

But then randomly the enemy mid pops up and kills you-- escaping with... let's say 100 health? But they were totally in range of the tower and the tower still wanted to shoot them.. but couldn't because the brush was in the way.

Besides, would anybody, tactically, not just cut down the brush so that the super powerful tower can actually see behind itself?

Besides, would anybody, tactically, not just cut down the brush so that the super powerful tower can actually see behind itself?

This, I fail to see how any of the DT heroes can get towerdived because of a stupid bush in the way.

And remember that the purpose of towerdives is to have a reward that has a lot of risk to it. If there is no risk, then towerdiving is just silly. This is why some heroes with extreme towerdiving ability like shadow, derpa, or bio are really frustrating to play against since they just end up getting fed off of silly people who don't recall. There's practically no risk to it unless you're trying to towerdive Tassadar while his clone is up (shields ftw) or drake, but you end up getting fed and turning the match into a curbstomp, which isn't fun at all for those on the receiving end.

I can tell you now T1 towers early game hurt a hell of a lot and to an extent that protects you.. If you get tower dived early game, where its a 4 on 2 or one, you deserved to die as you didn't ward properly, team didn't call miss, etc but still that tower may still kill the tower divers, as they hurt a lot... This isn't a good idea Eliwan.. Towers are strong enough currently, and one should not be rewarded for hugging a tower, and immune to being tower dived... Personally I think the way it is set out is fine...

African, if you approach it right the tower doesn't even see you. There is no risk to it, you can just move in, kill with shade or something, and get out.

How is that fun? It's a bug. It leads to frustration because the tower isn't able to do the job it was clearly intended to do. There is a limit to how aggressive you can be.

I can tell you now T1 towers early game hurt a hell of a lot and to an extent that protects you.. If you get tower dived early game, where its a 4 on 2 or one, you deserved to die as you didn't ward properly, team didn't call miss, etc but still that tower may still kill the tower divers, as they hurt a lot... This isn't a good idea Eliwan.. Towers are strong enough currently, and one should not be rewarded for hugging a tower, and immune to being tower dived... Personally I think the way it is set out is fine...

Sure they hurt like hell.

Enemies can just come from behind and you can't see them, and thus you die... and then the tower doesn't even ATTACK them back. It's bad for pubs because the tower is SAFE-- it's what you tell the newer players to stick near and thus if the tower offers no protection... it doesn't help at all, right?

And they're already being punished for tower-hugging; they can't harass or push or last-hit anyway.

Now, if this brush scenario was true at the T2 [oh and guess what, it partially IS true] I wouldn't be complaining. It's because it's at the T1.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont see any problems at the bush but tower diving is just crappy OP now. Because when a 4-person team attacks you from both sides, AND creeps are nearby, tower attacks vreeps until the 4 men attack you - it means you are dead. the tower lands 2 hit on them and then starts attacking creeps as if nothing happened. I think the tower should get additional weapon speed or weapon damage if a hero is attacked nearby. Defensive Matrix was good for it but i dunno why was it removed.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the point of that brush was to protect the defender, because the tower can see for you while they can't see you in the brush. Obviously this is not what happened. Perhaps the brush should be moved a bit the the left (looking at top zerg tower). This cause enemies sneaking up behind you to be seen, while still giving (and maybe too much) power to the defender.