Not quite a Pubstar

BiGnBuehrle

Hello AoS and all u "mostly" loyal fans! I've been playing for quite a few months and absorbing all of the useful information the community has to offer. I play at a consistently above average level but I am certainly not a pubstar. I haven't had the time or opportunity to join mumble or participate IH due to my job. I would love to see a place for pubbers to organize competitive games. I enjoy AoS quite a bit and I look forward to contributing to the forums.

Sounds easy enough...my biggest concern is whether or not it is worth it. Conflicting information on the forums leave a cloudy image of the IH way of doing things. Game set up time, availability of players, and attitude towards new mumbles have all been discussed ad nauseam. Is it substantially better than the pub experience?

Sounds easy enough...my biggest concern is whether or not it is worth it. Conflicting information on the forums leave a cloudy image of the IH way of doing things. Game set up time, availability of players, and attitude towards new mumbles have all been discussed ad nauseam. Is it substantially better than the pub experience?

the games themselves are almost always better than if you just que up a pub game by yourself in my opinion

It's not better is just different, you can have longer games because your enemies don't re, or not because the enemy team surrender as soon as possible because they got raped. It's usually more competitive, anyway the most epic games I had were always in pubs.

eh. ask anyone whose played IH recently, NA is open to new players and will 100% include you in the next IH (and pretty much any other IH that day)

some players do rage: me, dietdrpepper, peas, but we avoid rage at new players - only players we have come to expect more of >.<

there is definitely a minimum amount of skill expected - you should know pretty much every item+skill+hero, and what they do, be able to competently last hit and deny, general map awareness/mia calling, and the general roles of each hero. also you should be willing to cooperate as a team (ie, stick together late game as the meta revolves around taking levi/sneaking levi while the other team is split or dead // being willing to suicide into the team fight if you are playing a tank/initiator role like jackson/drake/micro/brine/lz)

NA usually plays 3g bans per team, then blind pick

EU usually plays 3g bans per team, then draft pick

its kind of an afk thing where you just chill in a channel doing other things until a critical mass of players arrives and a game gets started. games on NA are slow, and will remain slow for the next half month as players finish up school/finals

Just as Whale has stated, there is room for all pubbers in inh (organized) games. In Eu, try stay away from the likes of JustEuropean he's abit of a rager, but everyone else is friendly taken with abit of salt!

And welcome to the forums, if there is anything I can help you with, pm me! Happy posting and gaming :)

Rage, skill expectations and teamwork would not be a problem. My dilemma seems to be the time contact. The way Im rationalizing it, I could play 3 moderately fun/exciting pub games(hopefully) vs 1 really good IH game in the same amount of time. Has thought been given to a fast jump in area for pubbers and IHers to throw together quick competitive games with a few less hoops to jump thru? I would be curious if more of the better pub players might get the itch to join mumble if they had a place to see how they might fare in a more competitive team oriented environment. It would also benefit IH recruitment as the pubbers and IHers would be intermingled in these crossover games. I realize pub vs IH games are going.on. perhaps there is a bridge we could build...

some players do rage: me, dietdrpepper, peas, but we avoid rage at new players - only players we have come to expect more of >.<

no offense but idk why some users "fear" your raging, your voice is so funny when you are like grrr wsiashdusahd sjh asd and i couldnt take it serious in that situation :P

Rage, skill expectations and teamwork would not be a problem. My dilemma seems to be the time contact. The way Im rationalizing it, I could play 3 moderately fun/exciting pub games(hopefully) vs 1 really good IH game in the same amount of time. Has thought been given to a fast jump in area for pubbers and IHers to throw together quick competitive games with a few less hoops to jump thru? I would be curious if more of the better pub players might get the itch to join mumble if they had a place to see how they might fare in a more competitive team oriented environment. It would also benefit IH recruitment as the pubbers and IHers would be intermingled in these crossover games. I realize pub vs IH games are going.on. perhaps there is a bridge we could build...

If we could build this bridge, it would help the community tremendously, but this is no easy task to manage. As you have stated the time issue with inhing can cause players (who are less inclined to wait to avoid it all together. Imo, a rework of the banning system needs to take place for the community to regrow... For the higher tiers however, the bans could be implemented, if chosen, but all in all until RNG, implements a draft system built into his game, this problem will continue to occur. I have heard stories however that it may be create, which would be great :D until then, this pubbers vs inh's is a good step in the right direction, but how it is to be implemented will be interesting, maybe post your thoughts on the matter there in the competitive section.

no offense but idk why some users "fear" your raging, your voice is so funny when you are like grrr wsiashdusahd sjh asd and i couldnt take it serious in that situation :P

ya most ppl just find my rage funny... its like, exasperated whine rage usually. like the person i'm raging at is stomping on a puppy and baby seal or something

eh. ask anyone whose played IH recently, NA is open to new players and will 100% include you in the next IH (and pretty much any other IH that day)

there is definitely a minimum amount of skill expected - you should know pretty much every item+skill+hero, and what they do, be able to competently last hit and deny, general map awareness/mia calling, and the general roles of each hero. also you should be willing to cooperate as a team (ie, stick together late game as the meta revolves around taking levi/sneaking levi while the other team is split or dead // being willing to suicide into the team fight if you are playing a tank/initiator role like jackson/drake/micro/brine/lz)

NA usually plays 3g bans per team, then blind pick

EU usually plays 3g bans per team, then draft pick

its kind of an afk thing where you just chill in a channel doing other things until a critical mass of players arrives and a game gets started. games on NA are slow, and will remain slow for the next half month as players finish up school/finals

seen him rage at new players

• 3 weeks later...

we always guarantee new players a spot in games for at least 3-5 games

i dunno bout him. i'm mostly speaking for myself and peas.

Why thanks whale... -.-

In all honesty, I dont like it when people continually reinforce the idea that certain people are ragers. I really only rage when someone decides they would rather get upset and defensive when I issue them an even keeled criticism, or question their decision making.....instead of taking it in. But I suppose this is not the thread for this.

Welcome BiG

I strongly encourage you to join mumble. As others have said, new members are treated well...I give you my assurances. Games may or may not take some time to set up, depending on the availability of players, but its not like you cant pub while waiting for an IH to develop. Most people do that....and there is no reason why you cant just hang out in the channels regardless of what you would rather be doing.

Agree with whale 100% peas #1 rager @mumble.

Btw welcome to the site, my nigg gg =)

If you scroll a few channels down from peapod theres a guy named dastarz rolling over in his grave at the thought of peas raging harder than him. Lets not even talk about crni. I'm not sure if he was raging or genuinely wanted to see each and every one of us dead.

If you scroll a few channels down from peapod theres a guy named dastarz rolling over in his grave at the thought of peas raging harder than him. Lets not even talk about crni. I'm not sure if he was raging or genuinely wanted to see each and every one of us dead.

lol that serbian didn't rage, he is a sweet guy

dastar is the same

Peas is just an angry mother

• 3 weeks later...