"Strange" Heroes

thomulf

I like to point to Maar as a representation of what I'm trying to achieve in this topic. Basically, he is pushing the limits of what is normal in AoS- so I thought we could share ideas on some possibilities for heroes that would be even "farther out"

For example, I myself would like to see a hero like maar, but even farther- maybe with different combinations, or a more interesting ulti. I also love heroes that exploit positioning, so I would like to see a hero whose abilities are ALL mainly focused on movign enemies and allies around.

Any ideas? go nuts.

Yeah! I've thought a lot about this, but never really started a thread on it or anything. I loved when starscream cound go over the terrain; it made him good if used right, and added diversity to the game. I play Maar a lot because he can be played so many different ways. Another char I really like is garamond, for the same reason. However, beyond that there isn't a ton of diversity, unless you count River Racer for Grunty (and his rawket launcher).

As an idea, I've thought about a asking for a hero with more interesting abilities. An ult that allows one to control an enemy hero for a few seconds... Now that would be interesting (though probably OP).

Another idea I've though of is a hero with which I have only created an idea for the ultimate. The idea would be that every so often, he could choose to make an area of terrain actually longer or shorter than it is. This is almost like making spots where heros move faster/slower, but abilities like shade or any kind of grab would not just go right through it. Bola might appear to just stop in a long spot, then go back. These spots would be marked to the hero's allies and stay in the spot for a long time (10-20 minutes?) Anyway, I agree that some heros should have more interesting abilities.

Yeah! I've thought a lot about this, but never really started a thread on it or anything. I loved when starscream cound go over the terrain; it made him good if used right, and added diversity to the game. I play Maar a lot because he can be played so many different ways. Another char I really like is garamond, for the same reason. However, beyond that there isn't a ton of diversity, unless you count River Racer for Grunty (and his rawket launcher).

As an idea, I've thought about a asking for a hero with more interesting abilities. An ult that allows one to control an enemy hero for a few seconds... Now that would be interesting (though probably OP).

Another idea I've though of is a hero with which I have only created an idea for the ultimate. The idea would be that every so often, he could choose to make an area of terrain actually longer or shorter than it is. This is almost like making spots where heros move faster/slower, but abilities like shade or any kind of grab would not just go right through it. Bola might appear to just stop in a long spot, then go back. These spots would be marked to the hero's allies and stay in the spot for a long time (10-20 minutes?) Anyway, I agree that some heros should have more interesting abilities.

Well, you could suggest a Magnet hero, he can pull or repel enemies when he change the polarity of his body, you could also suggest a hero that can make an ally or enemy trasnform into "ghost" mode, he cant attack or be attacked but he takes more spell damage for the duration. You could also suggest a hero with some skill like impact dial, who could be nice to make more "initiators" some of your allies, idk, you could make a hero that steal your enemy skill, or a hero who can make himself, you or your enemy travel back in time, if you have imagination you can do a lot of things, but make them real in the game is harder, gl

Anyways, back on topic (sorry for double post)- I like shadowflame's idea. I think we could make a hero whose abilities are almost completely focused on moving allies or enemies around. For example, we could make one whose Q creates teleporters (Portal style) that last 30 seconds and dispel if you use Recall to go back to base, W to create areas that speed allies, like swamp trap in reverse I guess. Maybe E could be a force circle that spins enemies around you (higher level=higher speed, very slow to start with). Something like that.

Anyways, back on topic (sorry for double post)- I like shadowflame's idea. I think we could make a hero whose abilities are almost completely focused on moving allies or enemies around. For example, we could make one whose Q creates teleporters (Portal style) that last 30 seconds and dispel if you use Recall to go back to base, W to create areas that speed allies, like swamp trap in reverse I guess. Maybe E could be a force circle that spins enemies around you (higher level=higher speed, very slow to start with). Something like that.

I suppose i can forgive you :) and ill give it some thought and maybe i can think up a good hero suggestion on it :)

And while not all of my hero suggestion in my comment have crazy unique mechanics,(as i think that some heros should be simple for the sake of beginners and some people like simple things) i think some of my hero suggestions have some unique mechanics :)

P.s. Another reminder that if anyone has a hero suggestion that they dont have the time to make or just dont feel like it, just send the concept to me in a pm and ill see what i can make out of it.

P.s.s I wouldnt mind if they made lulu into a hero :D

More heroes that utilize shields... In Temple Siege the zealot heroes l1 spell would give him 10 shields for a period of time, such that damage had to be over 10 to hurt his Hp, which was quite useful when creep only did 6 damage and you could increase the armor of shields to make it more useful. His ultimate then gave him 150 shields for a set time, quite a bit more powerful(shield would reset to 150 every second or half sec)