INTEL CARRY?

heimdallr

I`m not sure where to put this thread, but recently on pubs I`ve been trying to do intel carries. Why? I only try this when team fails so hard and enemies cant be killed with spells. I`ve tried using pyre for tanks and shadowmourne for squishy dps attackers, but once they gear up completely + their team is together I can`t really do much.

The obvious choices come to mind. Sunflare and the other item that gives intel, AS and slows enemy weapon speed. They are great since the intel also boost my damage and spells. But then again sunflare leech seems to benefit more non intel carries, and while not doing much dps I remain very squishy vulnerable since intel is the only stat that doesnt`give a defensive boost(str gives life and life regen while agi gives armor).

Is there a viable way to make an intel carry with chars like queen(my main), jackson, egon, maybe even dustin?

In my experience Int heros can carry but not quite in the same way as aa heros. The biggest reason is that AA heros have leech and Int heros dont.(it was removed because it was to abusable with the large amount of aoe spells in the game). So instead of killing whole teams an Int carry will kill the the other teams aa carry and casters, leaving the tanks for their aa carry.

Heros like Rancor, Raynor, Cow, Garamond, just to name a few(there are more) are heros i have seen going int and carrying games.

Problem with intel carries is poor mobility as mobility is something you need to have if going for a squishy AA build. Usually with intel heroes I have much more success getting tank items as in pub games you can't do much to help your team if you keep getting owned by one skill kills and a tank build will nullify that problem. I mean if there is a Zera in the game and you can't cause their whole team to rage in under 30 minutes, what are you going to do against him without enough tankiness and anti-AA items to survive his one skill kill? In other words, what is the point in building DPS if the enemy heroes have the ability to jump you before you jump them and even if you do jump them they can just use their one skill kill and kill you before you can counter them.

IMO, most Intelligence heroes are burst damage and not AA, whereas carrys are generally AA dependent and are not burst damage. If you can't burst a tank down you're kind of screwed, unless you burst down all their squishies and their tank has no real damage output, then you could slowly kill him. And once you do burst and if you don't kill the AA carry, then you're screwed because as was mentioned earlier, most Int heroes lack mobility compared to the AA carry counterparts(Shadow, Darpa).

That's just my opinion though.

Sometimes, in pub server the main problem is not about the hero but the teamwork. you can make a intel carry become powerful but yet you still lose the game as most of the pub player love to get

kill stats rather to help you out. that's the prob i face every single time. I will only play rog if my team is good in teamwork if not i will go for shade or drake. :D

just my opinion with this.

In a pub you can carry with int heros but in a competitive game... Our actual int heros are not designed to carry as dps, maybe their high dmg can help but i guess in the lategame they will be eclipsed by leech and raw hp.

If we had any hero whose aa deal bonus dmg based on mana or int, they could be built as int dps and carry a team