Exact workings of Isomorphic Pyre?

GhostEU

From my reading it turns your physical damage into spell damage on a 1:1 basis and increases dmg per hit to 5% of max HP of a heroic if it is lower than that (but nothing if its higher). For creeps it ups it to 125 if lower.

Other than that, it gives the speed and damage bonus.

Does it do exactly what I wrote or is it different? If the enemy is building up mainly spell resist in my opinion its pointless to get Pyre. Also, generally AA heroes wouldn't greatly benefit from it except the enemy gets Barbed or high phys resist?

Barbed only returns the physical dmg, so your base attack would still get reflected ut not pyres bonus.

Pyre is typically superior to a contamination shard, h0owever at this point in the games progression both tend to be inferior to a crit build as crits deal true dmg and cant be negated.

Pyre does extra 5% HP from enemy as spell damage. The best way to counter it is spell Resist.

It is specially good vs enemy stacking an insane bunch of HP. Barbed does nothing to Pyre since it returns Physical damage but not spell ( Anyway they will hit Phys too).

Pyre and contaminations has different functions.

Pyre is almost always an item you want on an AA hero. In fact, I would say you always want Pyre unless you are going pure caster or pure tank.

Also, since pyre does spell damage you can buff its 5% max health damage to 7.25% by having an argus crystal and a yamato reactor activated. Since both are common items on Jakk, it can be a very good combo for him with other spell damage AA items like stun baton, and lightning rod.

Pyre is generally good when you can hit often, when the enemy is stacking HP, and when the enemy has limited spell resist (can partially mitigate this by getting Gravity Edge which converts 35% of your Spell Damage into True Damage). If the enemy has Barbed Plating, you can do a low Weapon Damage, high Attack Speed build with Pyre to rapidly deliver high spell damage while minimizing your vulnerability to the Barbed passive. It's typically good on all fast-hitting dps because it adds a significant amount of damage that bypasses armor and also gives good DPS stats (weapon damage and attack speed). It's not quite as good on heroes/builds that rely on high-damage/low-speed who rely more on delivering single massive hits for harass/finishing (ie. Crackling, Balrog, Nova built towards slow but hard damage), in which case you'd probably be better going for contam shard.

You have pyre and the person you are attacking has 3000hp

every hit you are going to be doing an extra 150 spell damage

I usually add pyre to almost all my builds, just because the amount of extra dps you get is so good, I also find it extremely helpful in finishing off enemies if my burst damage couldn't quite do the job.

Its great for tanks as well, because it allows you to build fully tank, then tack on a pyre and it enables you to do decent damage as well.

Cypruses don't get Pyre because Cyprus doesn't AA.

Egon as well, same thing with MAAR and Queen and Jackson as well as Drake and Vergil all don't really Auto-Attack.

But on any hero that auto-attacks often, it's the "duh" item.

I will get pyre on Cyprus sometimes as with just a pyre and a HoM and 4 other standard items (argus, yamato, grav edge, nitro refit), you have a reallllllly strong burst AA capability as well with enough lifesteal to sustain barbed plating feedback. You also of course have very high intelligence, but the damage you do with your HoM and Yamato activated is substantial.

So like early game to mid-game you might get your 4 intelligence items first, and then late game add on a HoM and Pyre once enemy heroes start getting pretty tanky and you need a second capability to remain a serious threat in the game.

I will get pyre on Cyprus sometimes as with just a pyre and a HoM and 4 other standard items (argus, yamato, grav edge, nitro refit), you have a reallllllly strong burst AA capability as well with enough lifesteal to sustain barbed plating feedback. You also of course have very high intelligence, but the damage you do with your HoM and Yamato activated is substantial.

So like early game to mid-game you might get your 4 intelligence items first, and then late game add on a HoM and Pyre once enemy heroes start getting pretty tanky and you need a second capability to remain a serious threat in the game.

but by then if your cyprus u should be ulting the carry or whoever is strong on the other team as long as u got the int to at least take them down to nothing and ur teamates pretty much 1 or 2 more hits from your team should take them out and game over for the other team cyprus is just a 1hitko on the teams main guy once u do that and as long as ur team survives for the most part you should win that battle an be able to move on into pushing a tower or getting levi or watever to give u that next edge in the game(and you would need pretty awesome weapon speed with cyprus and INT to kepp ur attacks worth of any agi* hero)

but by then if your cyprus u should be ulting the carry or whoever is strong on the other team as long as u got the int to at least take them down to nothing and ur teamates pretty much 1 or 2 more hits from your team should take them out and game over for the other team cyprus is just a 1hitko on the teams main guy once u do that and as long as ur team survives for the most part you should win that battle an be able to move on into pushing a tower or getting levi or watever to give u that next edge in the game(and you would need pretty awesome weapon speed with cyprus and INT to kepp ur attacks worth of any agi* hero)

Besides Argus, Nitro, Yamato, and Gravity Edge, what int items are super important on Cyprus? If you read the description on his abilities, they don't scale as well as some people think they do as much of his damage from his ultimate comes from the number of pillars nearby which is a flat amount that does not scale with intelligence. With just those 4 items you should be able to one shot squishy agi characters anyways with blink, wall, wave, and ult. The point of the last two items is so that you can deal with enemies that can simply tank your damage and laugh at you and then heal back to full by the time your ult is back off cooldown because if you go 20-0 it still won't matter if you can't stop the enemy team from pushing your base. Plus with a Pyre and HoM you can actually do substantial damage to towers when you need to as killing their whole team matters little if you and your team can't clear the creeps efficiently enough and take down the towers fast enough when you have the advantage.

That being said, the build I use on Cyprus most of the time is very unorthodox and I won't get into it here so as not to derail the thread topic. Nevertheless, my point still remains pyre is good on Cyprus with the right build.

Besides Argus, Nitro, Yamato, and Gravity Edge, what int items are super important on Cyprus?....... it still won't matter if you can't stop the enemy team from pushing your base.

Eh I though you suppose to abuse system's massive cool down from his passive. I am sure you can clear creeps faster with his q w combo with fast cool down. And you want to heal? Get a sunflare.

If I was going to build system into dps. I would rather get shrink ray than pyre.

Correction: back in old days system used to be dps and pyre was must go item (with pulse hammer). You randomly transport jungle and kill enemy who is farming, a precious moment.

Ofc Cyprus can get a Pyre but not as main option, if there's not a good hero for wearing Pyre ( like Axe or any item which fits better with some heros) you can get it. If you are dominating you can get it, but if I see a System 0-3 or 0-0 getting a pyre as first item. I ll say Wtf you do.

Specially if you break down all squishy hero on a combo or fast, then getting pyre could be not a bad option ( But only if you deal your natural job - Rape Burst- successfully)

Eh I though you suppose to abuse system's massive cool down from his passive. I am sure you can clear creeps faster with his q w combo with fast cool down. And you want to heal? Get a sunflare.

If I was going to build system into dps. I would rather get shrink ray than pyre.

Correction: back in old days system used to be dps and pyre was must go item (with pulse hammer). You randomly transport jungle and kill enemy who is farming, a precious moment.

Sunflare can be difficult to use on him because of its range, but yah Sunflare is not a bad int item on him.

The only item I've ever gotten Pyre on cyprus [Final item], was vs a Mandrake with a Massive amount of HP and decent spell resist (couldn't kill because of his massive hp and organics healing him), where i would just kite him (and slow from Nitrogen) and then finish him off. Of course it was a 1v4 game xD.

The only item I've ever gotten Pyre on cyprus [Final item], was vs a Mandrake with a Massive amount of HP and decent spell resist (couldn't kill because of his massive hp and organics healing him), where i would just kite him (and slow from Nitrogen) and then finish him off. Of course it was a 1v4 game xD.

Agreed! i've seen too many players use prye even tho their enemy's are all caster or low heath not more than 2k hero. pyre only pretty good on those tanker or even someone got a FOE with them.

False Starrallys, pyre is actually the best AA items for basically all situations, and it gets better over time, you can rush it and it will still be effective... Now let me explain.

I see many people rush HoM these days in pubs which is 50 damage right there and a pretty good active. Though getting pyre for the same price early ( where HP"s would be round 1000 to 2000 max on all heroes will give you a constant SD per hit of 50-100, plus 30 damage and Weapon spell and only improves... It is the highest damage outputing item for an Auto attack hero and is pretty good always... Even against casters as it kills them just as quickly regardless... Plus dealing spell damage. On hit being a AA hero is golden as you laugh at Armor, only thing that counters it is Spell resistance and that is countered by gravity edge if ya feeling frisky...

False Starrallys, pyre is actually the best AA items for basically all situations, and it gets better over time, you can rush it and it will still be effective... Now let me explain.

I see many people rush HoM these days in pubs which is 50 damage right there and a pretty good active. Though getting pyre for the same price early ( where HP"s would be round 1000 to 2000 max on all heroes will give you a constant SD per hit of 50-100, plus 30 damage and Weapon spell and only improves... It is the highest damage outputing item for an Auto attack hero and is pretty good always... Even against casters as it kills them just as quickly regardless... Plus dealing spell damage. On hit being a AA hero is golden as you laugh at Armor, only thing that counters it is Spell resistance and that is countered by gravity edge if ya feeling frisky...

emma-yeah-ok.gif

I don't think getting pyre on stalker will be good idea, because all heroes will build SR to counter your burst and pyre will do small damage. I like getting shadowmourne as a last item if i want to be viable late game as caster.

I have to disagree, building him to have both AA and INT burst damage is actually really really strong.

Otherwise hes completely useless when his ult is down (outside of some rock barages or walling)

And when chars are too tanky to die to 1 hit ults (mid-late game)

You could do some good damage using prye, shadowmourne, and FOE bc of the natural kiting ability blink provides

And actually be able to help a lot more in teamfights than a pure INT build does

then for your other three you can use Argus, and Grav edge/Solarflare/Shrinkray/Yamato so you still hit hard

argus, grav edge, and yamato all boost the spell damage from prye creating a good synergy

Too often you see people that spend the entire game, ulting then running after they pick someone off, but cyprus's biggest strength is controlling terrain. He can easily trap heros and combo AA and Ult them, and blink out of his health gets low.

Prye is actually a really good item on any caster bc they usually stack items to boost spell damage ;)

And it helps make up for super low AA damage

There really is no hero prye isnt good on.... unless you play in a style that literally never AA's