Explosive.Overlord

Baggins

CHANGE LOG

Month Day, Year

• Replaced Creep Skill (e), nerfed Baneling Drop (Q)

• Changed Ultimate from suppressing detection to being undetectable by elixer

• Change #3

INTRODUCTION

imgres.jpg

Explosive.Overlord

Overlord (an overlord) has been known for having fun and trolling with the help of his endless supply of banelings. These banelings are dropped from him as he transports around. The classic strategy of baneling bombing was adopted after watching Overlord.

Overlord drops banelings that immediately detonate and some that burrow underground detonating when an enemy walks by or at overlord's will.

Strength - 22 + 4

Agility - 2 + 5

Intelligence - 30 + 6 (Main Attribute)

Learns Agent Green, Baneling land mines, Generate creep and Baneling Remote Mines

Attack range of 4

Movement speed of 2.9

HERO INFORMATION

Affiliation: Chaotic.Neutral

Role: Saboteur

Theme: Trolverlord

An overlord shooting corruptor attack

Explosive.Overlord

Starting Hitpoints: 200 + (22 * 19)

Starting Mana: 30 * 13

Starting Damage: 20

Starting Armor: (28/ 7) + 12

HERO ABILITIES:

imgres.jpg

Heroic Passive: I believe i can fly: Overlord passively flies over terrain

Heroic Active: Detonate: Detonates all remote banelings on the field

Centrifugal_hooks.gif

Agent Green

Overlord Unloads banelings which detonate as soon as they hit the ground. Drops a baneling each second for a total of 5 banelings.

Level 1 - Each Baneling deals 50 (+50% INT) spell damage

Level 2 - Each Baneling deals 70 (+50% INT) spell damage

Level 3 - Each Baneling deals 90 (+50% INT) spell damage

Level 4 - Each Baneling deals 110 (+50% INT) spell damage

The baneling drop makes it easier for Overlord to go on the immediate offensive and farm creeps easily.

Duration is 5 seconds

Casting Range is 0 (happens right under overlord)

Casting Time is 0 seconds

Cooldown: 15 at all levels

Mana Cost: 80/100/120/140

explode.gif

Baneling Land Mines

Overlord plants Banelings at target location which are cloaked and detonate when the first enemy unit walks over them dealing spell damage an an AoE of 1.5 (trigger range is 1.5 as well)

Level 1 - Mines deal 100 (+75% INT) Spell damage

Level 2 - Mines deal 150 (+75% INT) Spell damage

Level 3 - Mines deal 200 (+75% INT) Spell damage

Level 4 - Mines deal 250 (+75% INT) Spell damage

These are used to sabotage any incoming heroes by placing them on highly used paths and placing behind the enemy in team fight. Land Mines cannot be stacked on top of each other.

Duration is Unlimited (until detonated by enemy)

Casting Range is 2 (placing mine), 1.5 detonation

Casting Time is 1 second (placing mine) 0 seconds to detonate

Cooldown: 25/20/15/10

Mana Cost: 100 at all levels

imgres.jpg

Pneumatized Cloak

Overlord Gains passive move speed.

Level 1 - +4% move speed

Level 2 - +6% move speed

Level 3 - +8% move speed

Level 4 - +10% move speed

This makes it harder for heroes to chase overlord, and makes it easier for him to hit enemies with banelings.

Toggle on/Toggle off

Creep is instantly generated in an AoE of 8

Casting Time is 0 seconds

Cooldown: None (Toggle on/ Toggle off)

Mana Cost: None

imgres.jpg

Baneling Remote Mines

Overlord plants banelings at a target location which last until detonated by Overlord. These can be stacked and when detonated deal spell damage in an AoE of 2 and stun the target for .5 seconds (stun does not stack). Remote mines can not be detected by Truesight Elixers, but are still vulnerable to all other forms of detection.

Level 1 - Mines deal 200 (+100% INT) Spell damage

Level 2 - Mines deal 350 (+100% INT) Spell damage

Level 3 - Mines deal 500 (+100% INT) Spell damage

These mines can be used in sabotage or insta killing a single enemy (depending on how many you use). They are good to use for base/lane defense or for annoying the enemies to death (sometimes literally)

Duration is Infinite, until detonated

Casting Range is 3 (placing mine)

Casting Time is 1.5 (placing mine)

Cooldown: 15 at all levels

Mana Cost: 200/250/300

So, as many people probably could tell, this is my rendition of the original Darpa (who i loved dearly). I figured that the ultimate suppressing detection via truesights is fair enough, as this would completely render Overlord useless.

Reccomended Item build for most damage:

Duran's Pendant

Time Walkers

Nitrogen Retrofit

Sunflare Gun

Argus Crystal

Chilling artifact

Another Argus (sell Pendant)

Let me know what you think, I believe that a hero like the original darpa needs to be remade because that made the game more fun.

Hmm, icons didnt work, ill just tell you then.

First is an overlord

Heroic passive is Pneumatized Cloak

Agent Green is Centrifugal Hooks

Baneling land mines is Explode

Generate Creep is excrete creep

And Baneling Remote mines is attack structure icon

Icons use tags.

Q deals 800 damage at level 4.

Land Mines not stackable? Then put them side by side

We already have creep from Queen. This makes it unfeasible especially how it instantly generates creep lag at the same time odd scaling.

Ultimate seems fine. You need an extra command in the command card for more effectivity. I don't think you can suppress a specific detection only on a specific unit and the need for boundary scanner is heartache at maxed items.

This hero seems fun and troll.

Well, the fun and troll part is what i was going for! But there is no guarentee that the banelings will all hit with the q.

The creep was kinda a last minute addition. The command was gonna be hotkeyed as v, like tass's generate illusion.

Seems a bit too OP considering there's no cap on number of "mines" and the durations are unlimited. Flying with no negative return is just stupid (not even going to bother explaining this). Ultimate should not be undetectable by elixer (again, not even going to bother mentioning why it's a stupid idea).

Creep spawning skill needs to be removed. Creep already causes a lot of lag for a lot of players and works their computers extremely hard. Plus, Queen already has creep.

This seems like a copy cat from the miner in Dota, in which case if we were to do that, we might as well copy those skills from there as they were actually balanced.

Well, i was trying to fix the problems with the ORIGINAL Darpa and remake it, ill replace the creep skill. The flying is supposed to be a good passive but there was nothing else that would really work. And, the unlimited mines is supposed to work, it makes the game more fun and makes people tread carefully. It just suppresses the elixer, can still be scanned or use an observer on, that was the problem with darpa in the original version, too easily countered by detection, this is a way to make it impossible for easy detection and makes him effective, but not too OP.

Well, i was trying to fix the problems with the ORIGINAL Darpa and remake it, ill replace the creep skill. The flying is supposed to be a good passive but there was nothing else that would really work. And, the unlimited mines is supposed to work, it makes the game more fun and makes people tread carefully. It just suppresses the elixer, can still be scanned or use an observer on, that was the problem with darpa in the original version, too easily countered by detection, this is a way to make it impossible for easy detection and makes him effective, but not too OP.

So you expect people to scan every step of the way....yea....no...it's OP.

...and again...flying without penalty, especially as a passive is just dumb.

You think what you want, if you played original version where darpa used mines just an observer could own him, if a truesight is allowed to detect these mines, it will make him completely useless. But, i didn't actually intend scans to counter, maybe observers or radar towers to predict where he keeps stopping to place the mines and then scan and kill.

Flying is only good for escapes and chase, since he is not designed to 1v1 heroes, and his skills do not provide for chase (unless late game Nitrogen Retrofit and mass speed with bane drops) and he is not meant to engage. I designed this hero primarily as someone to add a bit of a trolly aspect to the game and someone who is fun, as there seems to be lacking heroes who are good and are good for giggles. (Only really fun hero i think of is Garamond).

I realize people are more for serious heroes, but this would make for some really fun pub games where people wouldn't know what to do.

You think what you want, if you played original version where darpa used mines just an observer could own him, if a truesight is allowed to detect these mines, it will make him completely useless. But, i didn't actually intend scans to counter, maybe observers or radar towers to predict where he keeps stopping to place the mines and then scan and kill.

Flying is only good for escapes and chase, since he is not designed to 1v1 heroes, and his skills do not provide for chase (unless late game Nitrogen Retrofit and mass speed with bane drops) and he is not meant to engage. I designed this hero primarily as someone to add a bit of a trolly aspect to the game and someone who is fun, as there seems to be lacking heroes who are good and are good for giggles. (Only really fun hero i think of is Garamond).

I realize people are more for serious heroes, but this would make for some really fun pub games where people wouldn't know what to do.

That's why you tweak his remote mine ultimate damage range to be longer so that even if it's detected, you can detonate it before it is killed. Ever played Dota? The whole point of remote mines is to have YOU pay attention yourself, instead of putting a bunch of traps down and just wait for auto kills.

My suggestion would be to increase range, and deal less damage the farther away the targets are.

But the thing is, the vision range of the mines (I realize i never stated) is supposed to be 3 units. But you do still pay attention, it just makes enemies tread more carefully and take the road less traveled by. The thing is, a player will only kill someone about one time (if the player they kill is smart) by planting mines in one spot, people generally pick up on the fact that they are blown up at one point and think: "Oh, i should put an observer here, they obviously like this spot for mines"

I'm not sure if you read the description of the Remote mines, you detonate them which does not equal an auto kill. The mines like spider mines do not suppress detection. But that gives me an idea, the mines won't suppress detection, they will just be resistant to elixer detection, meaning that someone with a truesight can see the landmines planted in one spot and hopefully be smart enough to carry along a nice scan which would disable the entire no-man's-land.

Archived