Crackling tanking tower

HotGuyCalvin

I noticed when playing Alpha Crackling that he can tank towers alone with his ult.

For 16 seconds his Zerglings respawn instantaneously. I'm just wondering if this is an intended mechanic

from the Dev for the Crackling to tank towers. I notice it depends if the tower targets the zergling first or the hero itself.

So is this mechanic intended?

If you're at the point that you can freely burn your Frenzy just to tank a tower for about 20s, the other team is at fault for not surrendering. Moreover, it's gonna be pretty moot because spending your time defeating a creep wave will give more DPS against the tower by letting your own creep wave attack it. Ling is perfectly fine the way he is. He's awesome at eliminating a single target but like any similar hero (ie. Shadow), he's easy to deal with when caught out of position. He's very reliant on his team and even if he has a kill/money advantage, he can still lose if he's got a team of flobtards and his opponents have at least half a brain among them. Bite is easily countered by not letting him AA you (body-blocking, stuns, slows, disables, etc.), reducing the spell damage (the healing is based on the damage he actually does with the spell portion), or tagging him with Executioner's Axe.

I played Crackling in test mode, (First time playing him) and i was able to solo every single enemy tower without healing (Except last one cause ran out of energy) with vicious bite and lings. It would be nice if lings did less damage vs builds and vicious bite didnt work on buildings too. (Heal so much from it). Altho this was when vicious bite did 120%Weap, but still. Ultimate Back-doorer

Bite is easily countered by not letting him AA you (body-blocking, stuns, slows, disables, etc.), reducing the spell damage (the healing is based on the damage he actually does with the spell portion)

What about Chilling artifact?

Hard CC is a solution to everything, and slows counter melee heroes in general.

Chilling is a way to counter AA heroes without completely nullifying them.

It's an active ability that "charges" you and then you deliver the charge with your next AA. 9s CD. It deals 40/60/80/100% WD as spell damage and heals for twice that. To illustrate, if you have it at lvl 4 and have 500 WD, you'll attack for 500 Physical Damage + 500 Spell Damage and heal for 1k no more often than 9s apart.

But the fact that Ling can take down a tower, whether it be for 2 seconds, 4 seconds, 6, seconds and there is no mana cost for the ult, the ling can sustain in the lane and attack the tower. With the CD just over a minute, the ling can ult the tower every 4-5 waves.

Some abilities can't show mana cost due to the way blizzard designed some stuff. Test it out and see if your mana goes down. Also, people should be fighting crackling - it's their fault for letting one take on a tower alone.