Warp Shard Discussion

NotAClock

Since this topic has been brought up in mumble twice now I thought it would be interesting to see what the forums had to say about it. The question being should warp shard be removed from the game? Currently there are three heroes that utilize warp shard to its full potential (Micro, Drake, Jackson). The issue being that some people believe that warp shard makes these 3 heroes too strong overall. Also there is talk about warp shard not adding anything that impact dial wouldn't add except that impact dial has a higher skill cap.

Ecko did state that he might nerf jackson in a different way but what do you guys think about warp shard?

the item gives heros with no escaping abilities an escape method, like think of raynor or rory etc. Personally I like getting warp shard on most heros, it provides mobility and can be used offensively and for an escape method, but there is a downside like for some heros, they rely too much on it like micro and jackson, its a core item for them and they can't function correctly without it :(

Warp shard needs to stay in the game to combat the large number of movespeed items available for AA heroes.

Seriously, Zeratul can sprint across the river and destroy your team really really fast, then run away. Tassadar is nearly impossible to catch, too, thanks to his shield boost.

With that kind of mobility available, heroes without mobility need to be able to counter it.

If you want impact dial to be the only mobility item, buff it (ever since last patch, I think push distance is less, besides there is an unpleasant bug that causes heroes to move several units back after being pushed into a certain direction) and no one will buy warp shard again. Some heroes benefit from it more than others, but same can be said for pretty much any item, excluding shadowmourne and pyre.

Well the item is really only broken on heroes that already have a blink like Micro or Zeratul because it allows them to execute maneuvers that provide very little risk to them, but make the enemy team tremble in fear because of how much ground they can cover. Warp shard and impact dial on a utility build for Micro with a premade team is super annoying because he can literally cover an entire screen in distance in almost no time at all and then grab and throw a hero and if Rory or Jackson is anywhere nearby, GG hero. This is kind of a broken record to discuss as I have tried to bring up this discussion before and yet the item still remains in the game and the heroes that can abuse its mechanics have not been changed to reflect this fact, but that is just the nature of the metagame right now and why I usually go super tank builds on most heroes because some of these maneuvers are not really counterable at all, rather you just have to tank the abuse and counterattack as best you can or hope you are quick enough with a taser to at least delay the obvious cheese and hope your team is willing to lockdown the blinkaholic hero who is literally doing screen jumps.

And aside from Drake, Jackson, and Micro the item is also reallllly good on Zyrk and Zeratul and pretty good on several other heroes as well with the right builds to back up their utility. I also use it on Gara and Imperius in a similiar manner offensively for an extra stun. Since I build both heroes very tanky, I essentially will cast my abilities on a hero and then blink on top of them which stuns them and slows with with mantle/retrofit and finish them off at melee range. In other words it is an alternative to using lockbox to accomplish the same thing.

Last game I played Gara with this build was against Rohtube, Hyperion and others in a premade where it was a 1v5 and I ended up like 26-5 or something nuts before they took down my base. One of the funniest games ever because I kept getting triple kills like crazy over and over again. Yah I should of surrendered, but I was in a bad mood from having a bunch of bad games against premades where half my team or more were gone in the first 10 minutes from raging. Of course none of this would be possible without SHC, but I guess another discussion is really how to nerf heroes that benefit too much from certain items rather than nerfing the items or removing them, because lockbox is another very abusable item in the right hands on a variety of heroes (Jax, Rory, Gara) that essentially removes most of the skill involved in doing well with those heroes.

Warp shard needs to stay for a few reasons:

1. Warp sharp heroes with no escape abilities a way to escape

2. It provides characters with interesting play mechanics with pulls and tosses

3. It makes engagement for heroes too difficult in certain situations if warp shard is removed. Thus heroes will sit around idly by towers waiting for something to happen.

4. The price of warp shard has been increased substantially over the last few patches making a large opportunity cost for players. Ex. Warp shard? Or stats?

5. Taking out warp shard would make the game very linear, and the choices of movement manipulation from items boring.

=D

So why don't you post the replay in the replays section? I think I posted 3 of the last 4 replays there and that thread is dying out rapidly.

It is kind of pointless if it is deemed a "pub game" on these forums and you know why. And I don't have any reputation I really care about, other than people telling blatant lies about me like Eternity did a while back (and guess what he didn't get banned). Now that the "IH Community" is on life support, some people seem to be changing their tune with regards to their elitism, but even then I am too much of a lightning rod these days among some people on this forum to even bother having an intelligent discussion about replays. I remember my farming guide I was working on for the old SotIS site and the "warm reception" I got from the likes of WhaleTits and Aellectris who would not even argue with the content of what I posted, rather they were like "this guy is a noob don't listen to him". Why would I bother doing anything like that again?

It is kind of pointless if it is deemed a "pub game" on these forums and you know why. And I don't have any reputation I really care about, other than people telling blatant lies about me like Eternity did a while back (and guess what he didn't get banned). Now that the "IH Community" is on life support, some people seem to be changing their tune with regards to their elitism, but even then I am too much of a lightning rod these days among some people on this forum to even bother having an intelligent discussion about replays. I remember my farming guide I was working on for the old SotIS site and the "warm reception" I got from the likes of WhaleTits and Aellectris who would not even argue with the content of what I posted, rather they were like "this guy is a noob don't listen to him". Why would I bother doing anything like that again?

this guy is a noob don't listen to him

why u so afraid of a micro? get a tazer or get tanks and egon when u see that enemy drafts focus on micro as long as micro focuses on warph shard u can kill him easy also later in team fights u can see him coming in taser him instantly or egon silence instantly and u have a free kill....

ppl should talk about rly problems like summers glitch which is not fixed for ages, or vergil who can escape fast have a flobin stupid big aoe ulti which deals like 70-9ß% hp of whole team , also has a flobin fast blink ALSO get flobin evasion AND lower cd on his passive.... lets be real , compare this to another burst dmg hero like cyprus, the only thing this hero has are the pillars , thats npot enough vergil > cyprus overall what makes cyprus useless as shap.

ALSO have a look at balrog his burst dmg combo makes more dmg than cyprus , also he is a tank , his passive alowws him to deal huge amount of dps...he can dispell shap , if a balroig has like 1 or 2 basic core hero items , the enemy needs like 3-4 basic core items to flobin kill him. And im not talkin bout shap pubs here we can see this shap in Eu inh for a long time now. im sure i forgot to mention some stuff but I think u know what i mean here...

stop complain bout shap that is kinda ok and have a look at some older problems like balance heros, fixing stupid bugs/glitches. also IMO they should stop change things every month or two and focus on the basics that needs to be fixed and then they can move on on other changes like "creep spawn mechanics" for example

have a good day broZ

Ye, Balrog shinning nowadays. It was one of my favorite heroes for a long time. But to be honest - is it because he got overbuffed or just people learnt to build him and play him correctly? He had that potential for a very long time since his ulti gives him up to 1500 HP. His power isn't in damage his ulti can do. Vergil is different story. He is just too strong during mid-late game but very late game he gradually loose his power. If his ulti get nerfed than he would become useless late game. So it would be good idea to nerf his ulti base damage but increase scaling little bit.

I would be lost on squishes without warp shard against micros, nulls and drakes... Especially when people cheese and bola you after a micro throw. I wouldn't mind not allowing heroes with a built in blink or who it synergizes too well to have a warpshard though.

People need to cut the "no, this is stupid because I/mumble players say so" and provide some actual argument. I think it needs to stay because it evens out the gap between mobile heroes and heroes without mobility, but I wouldn't mind somehow reducing its effectiveness on mobile heroes as Jaysi said. Perhaps make all "blink" abilities set the cooldown of Warp Shard/SHC to 8 seconds?

As for drake and jackson using it though... it's jackson's core item and removing it would make him mostly useless. Drake just needs a bit of a nerf. I'd suggest increasing the channel time on drake's ult by 0.5 seconds.