Rory crowd control

Spooky

He is one of the most often team/global banned hero during inhouses. Not without reason I guess, his crowd control is supreme. I don't want to write essay about his usefulness during teamfights, I just want say that in my opinion he need some kind of tweak. He is way to strong in terms of teamfight. Stevie need some kind of change. Maybe change it into spell damage how it used to be in previous versions or make it targetable? And there is another stupid thing about Stevie that it can be putted 'under' the tower or some other things on the map so it is very hard to notice especially during teamfight where many things happens very fast.

Um, his only CC skill is his Q, which is actually fairly unreliable by itself. You're using the term wrongly.

But yes, he is probably one of the best characters to have in a teamfight. However, your suggestion for Stevie may actually be a buff. Stevie deals over 300 damage per tick. Couple that with nitro refit, and you have a 35% slowing Stevie, which IMO is better than true damage stevie since you'd also let allies get off their skills.

He is one of the most often team/global banned hero during inhouses. Not without reason I guess, his crowd control is supreme. I don't want to write essay about his usefulness during teamfights, I just want say that in my opinion he need some kind of tweak. He is way to strong in terms of teamfight. Stevie need some kind of change. Maybe change it into spell damage how it used to be in previous versions or make it targetable? And there is another stupid thing about Stevie that it can be putted 'under' the tower or some other things on the map so it is very hard to notice especially during teamfight where many things happens very fast.

To be honest in team fights it doesnt matter if it is under a tower as many ultis such as toxis,shadows, kerrigans and im sure there is probably another im forgetting that masks it well enough.

The placement of the Stevie was implemented because it used to be unnecessarily hard to place a stevie with units around. The true damage is fine. Still since most people don't have spell resist, the spell damaging stevie would do similar damage.

True his Q is his only technical CC, but if you see him throwing a molo and/or stevie into the fight, you bet the team will move from that spot. That is also a form of CC.

Um, his only CC skill is his Q, which is actually fairly unreliable by itself. You're using the term wrongly.

But yes, he is probably one of the best characters to have in a teamfight. However, your suggestion for Stevie may actually be a buff. Stevie deals over 300 damage per tick. Couple that with nitro refit, and you have a 35% slowing Stevie, which IMO is better than true damage stevie since you'd also let allies get off their skills.

I'm not very familiar with this terminology, maybe there some other words which fit it better. However why I heard many times that Tosh Terrazine provide some kind of CC, forcing opponent to split, move back, etc? In the same way can works Stevie or Rancor nukes...

anyway, stevie is too strong in current form. I agree with your point that return back to spell damage isn't good way to go because of slowing potential. So if it has to be true damage then it should does less damage per tick.

I'm not very familiar with this terminology, maybe there some other words which fit it better. However why I heard many times that Tosh Terrazine provide some kind of CC, forcing opponent to split, move back, etc? In the same way can works Stevie or Rancor nukes...

anyway, stevie is too strong in current form. I agree with your point that return back to spell damage isn't good way to go because of slowing potential. So if it has to be true damage then it should does less damage per tick.

Well, if you search for it in the DotA 2 wiki, you automatically get directed to disables, while wikipedia states that only movement modifiers and forced action modifiers are included in CC. I know, not the most reliable sources, but then again, CC itself was a term coined by gamers.

If you considered CC as forcing the opponent to take an action, then a huge amount of spells could be considered CC, eg. spell storm, gara's ulti, toxi's ulti, etc.

Eh...I've always felt that stevie should be channeling but that might just make rory too much like witch doctor from dota :P Do keep in mind that the map size has increased a fair bit, so stevie has been somewhat indirectly nerfed, as now heroes have more area to move and dodge the spell.

Lowering its damage output could help, as 300 true damage is ridiculous in a team fight, now that there are just so many slows and stuns flying around. However, I feel the larger problem is that rory can just pop a stevie and then concentrate purely on surviving/disabling (if he hasn't used his rebounder already), with the stevie acting as a free, easy source of reliable damage. This contrasts with other skills, such as queen's ultralisk, which actually requires control for it to be effective (in addition to placement!), while your hero also has to move around and not be killed. The current stevie design makes rory too...easy to use I find. Maybe it could be changed to drastically lowering rory's movement speed/timescale while it's in effect or preventing rory from using other skills (or items) while it's turned on.

• 1 year later...

Archived