Garamond ITS A TRAP build [Pub]

Baggins

So, this was a very fun game and build to work with. I finally decided how i will use my lockbox as gara, you may be saying "Baggins, you crazy" but this actually works. The best case for this to work in is against enemy carries who are very confident in themselves and their ability to take you down quickly and easily. First: the items

1. Space battery and 1 of each potion, I feel as if the potions are needed, but a pendant would also be a good substitution.

2. Nitrogen Retrofit, If you have lots of confidence in yourself, by all means go straight to lockbox, but this is a definite 3rd item at latest.

3. LockBox, this is my personal preference, I feel the need to be tanky first then I can troll.

4. Gravity Edge: I feel as if this goes without saying, but its gonna be more of a caster build

5. Masamune: This is when you will turn into the "glass cannon" but also a very tasty bait. When you attack, your timescale increases, making you attack faster, which is a great item, and your scvs will do SOO much more.

6. Yamato Reactor: Timescale active, CD reduction, its kinda self explanatory.

7 (sell space battery): Whatever you feel the need for, I guess if you want to have fun, a sunflare would be best, or even symphonic seed.

But, the whole idea here is to bait the enemies, but kill them in the process. This will work best if you are alone, or if your whole team buys lockboxes. So, How i do it: If they come near me (charge recklessly and are squishy enough) I set down 2 turrets, hopefully have a few SCVs all good to go, oil slick, and seeker right on me. Hit the ultimate (this should all be done quickly) and then Lock box YOURSELF, hence the name "its a trap" If multiple people charge you, it can result in a large number of kills, the turrets will amplify, and just some huge booms going on. I loved doing this in a pub match, when they recklessly charged me, it got me a nice double kill. Then, proceed to run away shouting "ITS A TRAP" thats definitely a necessary step and utter hearty chuckle, maybe even an evil laugh for good measure. Then, start singing, 'stayin alive to yourself (of course, nobody wants to hear you sing). Then wash, rinse and repeat. Or, another idea is to begin saying "OPPA Garamond style" to yourself over and over (my idea nobody rip me off D:)

I hope yall enjoyed this fun guide, its as serious as Gara himself (which to me isn't all too serious). But, it works, at least it did once for me.

haha nice ideas.

Really wish they would fix the attack speed portion of his passive, its really not supposed to be based off of "old timescale" anymore...

its actually a huge problem that there are so few ways to increase the rate he throws scvs atm. (also a huge nerf)

they kinda just forgot to change it when they removed "timescale" for cooldown reduction, and dont seem to care about fixing it.

LBing yourself is an interesting touch, since most ppl expect you to LB the enemy, and stun oil turret ult them when they come out

+1 for Oppa garamond style. If he could do the dance Id troll build him all day err day :P

You could prob make a vid for it even tho he cant tho

I presonally prefer:

1) Space Battery

2) Locbox

3) Argus Crystal

4) Blue Gene

5) Gravity Edge

6) Ihan

7) Yamato (Sell Battery)

8) Nitrogen (Sell Blue Gene)

9) Organic Carapace ([sell Ihan] - Gain massive Hp to survive enemy glass cannon)

Of course [9] could be subed for other items. I prefer to have one free slot for flexability.

I prefer argus first (after lock) because it secures ur ability to kill a person with combo, instead of possible kill // wound.

(My pub gara build).

I don't understand why you need Nitrogen First... You don't really gain anything from it, because missiles won't really slow since the enemy will be stunned during the nitrogen slow. And SCVs from kill command will slow enemy AFTER the explosion. You also have oil slick which massively slows enough already.

Sadly, if you lockbox youself, you have to hope that the ability lands on them (this kinda relys on enemy being a noob then or underestimating a Gara player). If you miss, it will mean certain death. I've had problems where i accidental lock box myself but still did combo, but resulted in death and not even getting the kill. It primarily happens vs the AA heroes that can easily avoid this like Shadow (Vortex) and Boros (Spell Storm) or even zeratul (Planar//Phase strike) Vs range units, you have to predict where they are too ):

P.S. This is just additional information - If you ever get a Dark Titan, immediately try to push a tower. As you deal INSANE damage. (Was about to kill tower at level 7 gara [with lv1 E towers too] when i started attacking the tower 80% its max hp. Dark Titan causes Gara to massicure, since gara already deals 175% Weapon damage. Your weapon damage will then deal 35+50% Weap[Weap lose//gain doesn't stack it is linear], and your scvs too will also gain +50% Damage. Just total ownage. (Dealing 295% weap per attack).

Itsthatguy Dark Titan? You mean the item which reduce movement speed from enemies when they attack you? Dark Steel Titan?

I prefer your build. Though I do a bit changes: I start with Lockbox, but I get gravity edge before Argus, Stacking items I only get it if my build is over, at the end and as defensive item I prefer Electric Mantle before Organic ( Though both options are ok) even sometimes I get a Shrapnel Too.

I agree Nitrogen is not a great benefit since your kills will be insta and the slow will be lost or if enemies survives ( specially AA/ Tanks) you will be running and not waiting CDs to kill him ( Since you could be raped before that)

Well, retrofit first gives you extra health and INT, thats quite needed, unless you are really confident in your lockboxing skills. The way I do this combo to avoid people dodging is to take a few hits first, let them use their escape abilities, then drop my combo, this makes it so they can't run as easily. I think I should change it, Masamune is a good item to have, but shouldn't be included in this build, maybe I'll make an Attack Damage gara build, that will be fun. I guess just getting a good defensive item would be better. The problem I have with blue gene is that if you fight defensive players, or players that go straight for you, which generally happens to me, you basically wasted 1250 minerals, which would buy you 430 HP, and have some left over, I try to use blue gene, I'm just not a huge fan.

Itsthatguy Dark Titan? You mean the item which reduce movement speed from enemies when they attack you? Dark Steel Titan?

I prefer your build. Though I do a bit changes: I start with Lockbox, but I get gravity edge before Argus, Stacking items I only get it if my build is over, at the end and as defensive item I prefer Electric Mantle before Organic ( Though both options are ok) even sometimes I get a Shrapnel Too.

I agree Nitrogen is not a great benefit since your kills will be insta and the slow will be lost or if enemies survives ( specially AA/ Tanks) you will be running and not waiting CDs to kill him ( Since you could be raped before that)

Sry i ment Titan as in the Item you pick up in the river. (watever his name is now Brawny or watever.)