Tychus....

TIP

Any one else feel tychus is underpowered? i never see anyone play him in pubs ..

to me it seems tychus is a bit too much of a defensive hero

i think his Q move(bunkerdown) or whatever is called should be replaced with a new kind of spell. i mean sure its good for tanking but in AoS you are moving around alot and heroes such as rory and vergil take advantage of tychus being completely still, makes him an easy killable target even if tychus gains resistance. i was thinking tychus should gain +15% weapon damage %15 damage resistance and 15% weapon speed for a set amount of seconds or just keep the percents the same throughout all levels but increase the duration..

and his grenades are useful for chasing and killing but their damage late game is soo weak its useless for damage...i think the damage should be raised on his grenades...

his healing move is fine just think it needs to more health gaiined each level like atleast 20 health increased to each level

on to his ulti...yes his ulti saves his life and health so many times...but if your damage isnt high the damage resistance wont really compensate for your benefit..

overall i think tychus is just a tank and nothing more...

it could just be me...but what do you guys think?

negative and positive comments are welcomed i just need some thoughts and opinions on this.

Well, he is one of the best tanks in the game and moreover he has nice dps. Late game he is almost unkillable. So, IMO, he rather slighty overpowered than underpowered. Maybe u build him in wrong way? He has similar build as Kerri - Pyre, Force of Entropy, Hand of Mengsk and Darwin's Might are his core items.

He has one of the strongest heroic passives in the game, if not the strongest. Combined with ult, it already gives him very strong DPS. Also, ult shrugs off debuffs for such a long time that no form of C.C. is useful against him.

His ultimate use to have a muuuuuch shorter CD, like 30 seconds. He was overpowered then and one of my favorite heroes to play because of how tanky he was and his auto attack was insane and throw on a Darwin's Might, you would kill any carry late game 1v1. He's still very strong now that they've increased the CD on his ulti, but the one bad thing about him is the fact that yes, he can't move while hunkered down, so all the enemies have to do is just avoid you when you hunker down. But you can't avoid him forever. He is fine as is, I agree, not much fun to play anymore, but still good.

lol in general, avoid the suggested items as those are made by ekcol, and he really doesn't have a good sense of the game (unfortunately)

voidsteppers, pyre, nitrogen, sunflarex2, and then a FoE makes for a nice build. of course, vary the build depending on what you are going against.

he is one of the strongest carries late game

Well Tychus isn't played in pubs because he is a late game hero imo. In late game he is a terrible kill machine, with an insane dps, the extra dmg from the hero passive, his tankiness, his grenades and healing skills... ppl don't play him in pubs because you need some attack speed and some dmg to get the kills, instead of Nova, for example, or Shadow, or Zeratul, who have a rly high natural attack dmg.

I feel Tychus can rape AGI heros in late game, even in 1vX fights he can kill them and survive, in IH Tychus is popular, IH ensure that the game will be long, so Tychus as Tank/DPS hero is a very good option. In the other hand, in pubs, with Luck games have 20 minute duration, so you can't do much with Tychus unless you know how to farm like hell

What is this decision to get Nitrogen and FoE... Whhhhyyyy??? I expect more from you whale...

FoE is a great item on any Strength/AA hero, sure he's not melee so it's spell attack won't proc much, but it still gives him good damage, weapon speed, a nice slowing active to keep enemies within range, and a good chunk of regen and health.

Nitrogen Retrofit gives a lot of health, adds slow to his grenades, his AA, as well as damage to his grenades, he also gains a bigger energy pool and regen, as well as 75% of that 60 Int going into his AA at max stacks.

They arn't bad items, you might have a more offensive-oriented build in mind, like Contam, Darwins(not very offensive), or maybe even Valor's, but I still find FoE necessary on a Str/AA build...

Jaysi, your not getting my point, why combine them? You have a slow from FoE (which imo is a must for Str AA hero's) but why get more with nitrogen... If you can't kill them with the FoE active... Well then the nitrogen isn't gonna help you much... For this hero stacking DPS and maybe one item for defense is enough... Kill them all during your ulti and you'll never have problems again!

The point in getting both is that slows stack multiplicitavely.

Let us say your movespeed is 1.00. If you are slowed by 15%, you will have 1.00 * (100% - 15%) speed, or 0.85.

If you are slowed by 10% and 10%, you will have 100 * (100% - 10%) * (100% - 10%) or 0.9 * 0.9 => 0.81 Movespeed.

Nitrogen also makes Tychus ALWAYS slow EVERYTHING he attacks for 15% and then FoE reduces it even more. :D

What is this decision to get Nitrogen and FoE... Whhhhyyyy??? I expect more from you whale...

That is pretty close to my build, minus the black hole magnum and FoE which I don't get because FoE is an item more for hard pursuit and I tend to kite more with Tychus using BHM in which chase nitrorefit is great for both pursuit and kiting. Also, if you don't get refit on tychus, he has a verrrrry hard time chasing enemy heroes down which makes kiting him quite easy.

Archived