[Hero] Viron.Volkov another look

Simoneon

Changelog:

11/20/2012

- Posted

Name: Viron.Volkov

Portrait: Overmind

Unit Base: Fatty

Type: Disruptor, Initiator, Spellcaster, Tank (?)

Starting Stats:

Base Health 250

Movement Speed 2.75

Attack Range 5

Attack Speed 1.8

Base Damage 43

Base Armor 2

Strength – 26 + 7

Agility – 20 + 4

*Intelligence – 30 + 7*

--

Abilities:

Heroic Passive (a): Viral Stomach

"When Viron's mana gets lower than 20%, his abilities take 20% less mana"

Effect: Gives Viron a bit of sustain early game, as late game he won't probably have mana problems.

Heroic Passive (b): Noxious Crease

"Any enemy that touches the tethers of any of Viron's abilities will be silenced for 2 seconds. Has a 15 seconds internal cooldown for each unit." (Basically means, that you can't silence one person forever while you're touching him with your tethers.

"Additionally if a tether has lasted a full duration on an enemy unit, it will stun him for 0.5 second." (Not too sure about this, because the duration of his tethers only increase with levels, so it might be counter-productive. But just an idea)

Effect: An alternative to his other passive, gives him more CC in teamfights.

--

Ability One: Anabolic Tether (Q)

"Viron connects a target enemy with an Anabolic Tether. While it is active, every ability that the enemy uses will have its ability extended by 1.1/1.3/1.5/1.7x, and 1.8/2.0/2.2/2.4x of that cooldown is given to Viron as mana. The tether lasts for 5/6/7/8 seconds. Pressing Q again will cancel the tether."

Energy Cost: 10/20/30/40 per second.

Cooldown: 15/14/13/12 (after it breaks)

Range: 3 (at 5.5 range the tether breaks)

Effect: It's similar to old Viron's Q (as any other ability), but it gives another feeling: you have to be really close to your opponent to do any harm, and this becomes quite hard in teamfights. So it's not the old "spam the abilities!" anymore.

Mechanical-wise works as Jackson's E (though doesn't have a stun if it breaks)

--

Ability Two (a): Acrobatic Tether (W)

"Viron connects a target enemy with Acrobatic Tether. For every attack that the enemy makes, he receives 10/20/30/40 [+10% INT] spell damage and is slowed by 25% for 3 seconds (attacking again only refreshes the duration). The tether lasts for 5/6/7/8 seconds. Pressing W again will cancel the tether."

Cooldown: 17/15/13/11 (after it breaks)

Ability Two (b): Acrobatic Tether (W)

"Viron connects a target enemy with Acrobatic Tether. For every unit that the enemy moves, he receives 10/20/30/40 [+10% INT] spell damage. The tether lasts for 5/6/7/8 seconds. Pressing W again will cancel the tether."

Cooldown: 17/15/13/11 (after it breaks)

Effect: Once again I'm not too sure which one of these would fit him better, but both serve a similar role - disruption and CC. As Q, it's risky to do, because of the range.

--

Ability Three: Epidemic Tether (E)

"Viron connects a target enemy with Epidemic Tether. Enemy units in 2 unit radius receive 15/30/45/60 [+15% INT] spell damage per second. The tether lasts for 5/6/7/8 seconds. Pressing W again will cancel the tether."

Energy Cost: 15/25/35/45 per second.

Cooldown: 16/14/12/10 (after it breaks)

Effect: An AOE spell damage ability.

--

Ultimate Ability (a): Contagion Cloud

"Viron targets a point on the ground and calls a big Contagion Cloud. Every ally in the cloud gets 15/20/25% evasion, while every enemy in the cloud gets their evasion reduced to 0, and their magic resistance reduced by 20/30/40%. The cloud has radius of 4 and lasts for 6 seconds."

Energy Cost: 200/275/350

Cooldown: 140/120/100

Range: 5

Effect: Really just a tool to survive in a big team battle, the cloud helps to cast your tethers, while also giving a huge advantage to your team.

Ultimate Ability (b): Contagion Cloud

"Viron marks his allies in a radius of 5/5.5/6 and himself and for 10 seconds they receive a buff, which gives 15/25/35 more armor for the duration."

Energy Cost: 100/150/200

Cooldown: 115/100/85

Effect: Another tool to survive, though I don't like this one as much, because even though it makes you tankier, it also gives huge advantage for your team. Though it could be an alternative to his other ulti.

By the way, I really don't know the right Armor counts here. Let's say it should be somewhere around 40/50/60 armor in LoL.

--

Additional Information

I really haven't played sotis for a lot of time, so the numbers and especially the scaling might be completely off, but I hope you will get the main idea, and imagine the real numbers yourself. Thus I don't want any comments about how OP or UP he is, judging from the numbers. I'd like your comments on the ideas themselves, and if you like this (new) theme of Viron at all.

Special thanks to Eliwan (I borrowed some stuff - names, numbers - from your hero, which motivated me to create this one)

--

Closing statement

Thanks for reading, and please make a constructive comment \ suggestion!

There be no more evasion in the game :)

Ultimate Ability (b): Contagion Cloud

"Viron marks his allies in a radius of 5/5.5/6 and himself and for 10 seconds they receive a buff, which gives 15/25/35 more armor for the duration."

Energy Cost: 100/150/200

Cooldown: 115/100/85

Effect: Another tool to survive, though I don't like this one as much, because even though it makes you tankier, it also gives huge advantage for your team.

and why is helping your team a bad thing?

There be no more evasion in the game :)

and why is helping your team a bad thing?

Ah lol, sorry :D will edit it sometime soon, I guess

Not that helping is a bad thing, but that the second ulti itself makes no strategic input on positioning, than the first one. Which I generally don't like.

I don't really understand why this Viron has multiple abilities (and same hotkeys on them). Usually if a hero has that, the heroic passive covers it as in making the hero have to switch weaponds, or elements or, energy orbs, ect. (i.e. maar and jakk).

It's just alternatives to consider (notice (a) and (b) signs). I didn't make my mind up, which of them to put, so I've put all of them, so you can have a clearer look on what I want the design to look like.