I've thought about it, I still don't like it.

Doom

Back in the v5, when major changes were being thrown around like no one's business, the one that frustrated me most was the new hp bars. You couldn't see them in replays, they were color-codded differently than we were used to, and otherwise bad. So on the "everyone boii about something new in the game" thread, which someone or other created, I and many others expressed their dislike for the new hp bars. Brax replied almost instantly, with something like "give it time, you'll start liking them eventually, after you are used to them". Well, is this ample time? I'd say I've had time to think about it, and I think the hp bars still suck. But this thread is not about hp bars, but rather another change that I don't want to wait and think about.

I am talking about the teleporter removal. It was a STUPID decision, arguably the worst (well, vergil, leo, queen implentation, old Ihan Crystal, v4.16 toxi, v5.something maar, tychus and vihron, and the transition of v3 into v4 were worse, but it is still flobing bad!). Instead we get a "return" talent, and a utility talent to be a once-in-so-very-many-minutes-free-teleporter (as if anyone gives a damn, offence tree is so much better than utility and defence combined, with sprint taking the crown previously held by Protect as most op talent in history. Veteran, Demigod, leech talents are also best passives....... defense is also miles better than utility with a better active (stronger than Protect too, unless you are up against a rory or darpa), respawn time reduction, move speed at high % hp, armor, hp, etc.....).

Hilariously enough, this change was supposed to be for the noobs, which are supposed to "not lose out so much because they don't know such a critical mechanic". Guys, noobs die a lot, and giving them a tip about teleporters is better than shooting everyone including them in the foot with the removal of teleporters. THEY will be the ones underleveled because of the mechanic, and all it does is make egon op, as well as a buff to other heroes with lane sustain (kerri, bio, balrog).

I actually like the idea of talents sending you to and fro, and everyone getting a recall ability. But how about please making the Return talent allow you to port to any structure, with a 60 sec cd, and 3 charges? Balance shouldn't mean nerfing everything and making the game stupidly boring, unless you like pushing towers and killing extremely dumb ai creeps (incedentally, every other patch you say you fixed creeps walking by the towers without engaging them. You haven't. Please do). as opposed to PvP combat, which is why people play this game.

ACTUAL SUGGESTION FOR THOSE THAT DIDN'T READ WHAT I WROTE:

change return, so that it allows porting to any structure. Give it a 60 second (better a 30 second) cooldown, with 2 (better 3) charges, so that people don't waste 20 minutes of gametime walking back to lane, people can do more interlane ganks, and so that you can change the utility talent into something better. (None of the old ones, come up with something better).

OH, and a last note: the leaderboard is too clunky, people cannot keep it open, and play at the same time, it covers 30% of the screen. I liked being able to have it open all game long, not just on the long treks back to lane from the pool. AND the hp bars need a fix so that you can see them in replays, without switching to some team's view.

OH, and a last note: the leaderboard is too clunky, people cannot keep it open, and play at the same time, it covers 30% of the screen. I liked being able to have it open all game long, not just on the long treks back to lane from the pool. AND the hp bars need a fix so that you can see them in replays, without switching to some team's view.

Press -lb and you will just need press tab to keep it open, anyway I like your suggestions.

In terms of tower loss, yes. T1 goes down super fast, as does t2 if enemy team care about more than kill-farming. The late game takes WAY longer however. It's just that towers outside the base play so little of a role, other than WHEN the other team gets 200 minerals apiece. As for fast-pacing..... no. The name of the game right now is stay in your lane, or else miss out on xp and money from creeps. Unless you are going pure jungle, or miss out on some waves, you can't even get to neutrals, let alone gank.

I don't think we need Transporters back, but I'd definitely like to see Recall changed to a teleport skill with a 40 second cooldown that can hold 2 charges or something.

And making Creep Waves come maybe every 45 instead of 35 seconds. There is pretty much no time between wave X ending and wave X+1 coming in sight radius.

I agree that late-game takes as long as always, if not longer, since creeps were nerfed.

As for fast-pacing..... no. The name of the game right now is stay in your lane, or else miss out on xp and money from creeps. Unless you are going pure jungle, or miss out on some waves, you can't even get to neutrals, let alone gank.

It depends. Mid lane should be a good ganker like Grunty or Tassadar. You also have speed runes for a reason. As for the side lanes, split laning works just fine as long as your team composition isn't horrible. If you have transport then there is no difference other than that you can't die repeatedly and still hold your tower.

Now, on the other hand, you can push down a tower without having the entire enemy team teleporting in to stop you. Mobility is now important, I think, since you can do a lot of damage to a tower before the enemy team can all warp in and force a stalemate.

Backdooring is also less frustrating since you no longer need to spend an item slot late-game to be able to protect your base.

I don't think we need Transporters back, but I'd definitely like to see Recall changed to a teleport skill with a 40 second cooldown that can hold 2 charges or something.

And making Creep Waves come maybe every 45 instead of 35 seconds. There is pretty much no time between wave X ending and wave X+1 coming in sight radius.

I like the creep changes because the short lane can actually overextend now. Previously it was ungankable, but now you can do a surprise attack from the jungle.

If you want to make the teleport ability in the utility tree useful, change it from a 6 second channel (I think?) to a 1-2 second channel. And remove that stupid bubble target when you teleport. If you are using 4 points in utility to get that ability, atleast make it so that you can actually use it to help in teamfights.

Right now, if you use it to go help in team fights, the fight is basically over before your can even get there. Or the enemy sees your porting in and they just run back. At this point, the teleport wasted and now your out of your lane.

Of course having a 1-2 second channel would make it OP when it comes to running from ganks/evading deaths so maybe change it so that you can only use it if no enemy hero is within a 15 unit radius.

How about making the old ones display on the replay, which I think would be considerably easier.. hmm.

EDIT: making the hp bars visible in all view shouldn't be that difficult either

I think it's impossible to do it without making all players able to see the healthbars through the fog, while the person is cloaked, etc.

I'm not completely sure how it works but it's definitely not as simple as you think or else ekco would have fixed it.

I feel that there should be a computer player added to the game [a team 3] that is allied with everybody and can see the hero health bars [maybe Protoss appears as teal and Zerg appears as purple?]. It would be an easy-ish fix, right? It would allow specs/replay-watchers to see the health bars and yet not force us to revert to the old ones.

I feel that there should be a computer player added to the game [a team 3] that is allied with everybody and can see the hero health bars [maybe Protoss appears as teal and Zerg appears as purple?]. It would be an easy-ish fix, right? It would allow specs/replay-watchers to see the health bars and yet not force us to revert to the old ones.

^