physical and spell resis

Deathnever

you know?Well, heres the question

Say im playing tychus and i take my defensive talent that reduces incoming damage and shap. and then, i use his ult at the same time iwll i become 100% immune to all damage or will there be a point where i cap off on spell and physical resistance and i get hurt for x amount at least"?

If im not clear, i can post again or try to be clearer.

Two different 50% damage resist will stack thusly:

Say you get fisted by Cyprus. For the sake of example, we'll say it does 1,000 damage. First 50% resist will cut that to 500. Second 50% resist will cut the 500 to 250. If you had a third 50% damage resist, it would cut the 250 down to 125.

To put it mathematically, Gross_Damage * 0.5 * 0.5 = Net_Damage.

Which spell resist does it take first? For example it you have an item with 8% spell resist and an item with 18% spell resist which one does it take first? Is it the one with the highest spell resist or the first one purchased?

What if you have an item and a talent with spell resist? Which one is taken first?

It doesn't matter

1000 * .82 * .92 is the same as

1000 * .92 * .82

Which spell resist does it take first? For example it you have an item with 8% spell resist and an item with 18% spell resist which one does it take first? Is it the one with the highest spell resist or the first one purchased?

What if you have an item and a talent with spell resist? Which one is taken first?

Multiplication is conmutative, so doesnt matter wich one you put "first"

I think of it like this:

your first resist gives you the full amount

so 18%

then I minus 18 from 100, which is 82.

then find out what 8% of 82 is, which is 6.56

so then 18+6.56= 24.56% resist

Its just my way of working it out.