Which heroes are able to jungle well?

FruitNinja

The first clear in AoS can get rather annoying, I think, because of the combination of marauders with their slows and the large amount of damage that all the creeps do, with splash damage, makes it pretty much impossible to jungle easily with most characters. Unix used to be able to clear effectively with terrans, but the mana cost was increased so now he runs out after a few clears, and his ganks pre-6 aren't really that good. Shadow might still be the only viable jungler.

I was experimenting with brine and tassadar recently. Brine clears far too slowly to be viable, but I think tassadar might be able to clear fast enough to be worthwhile, and his soul drain is good for the level 3 gank. I'll do some games and see how that works.

How popular is jungling in inhouses right now?

EDIT: Will a mod please move this to the lobby unless this is interpreted as a request to make more heroes viable as junglers?

meow meow meow. Also most agi chars with a machette can jungle fine for pubs.

edit: talents play a big part as well, your going to need the extra armor and the leech. The extra weapon speed and damage are also usefull but you sould try different builds to see what suits you best. (like extra energy if you like to gank or jungle with nova, for her q)

Don't forget Grunty's ability to counter-jungle with amazing speed

Or Marine King with decent passive skill set-ups

Queen could do it past level 3 if you're really desperate

Raynor can distract with marauders

Egon with a few INT steroids (2 pendant, or a single Higgs)

Garamond with Towers and infinite disposable SCVs

Tychus, you can just max out his healing ability without leech and be fine, or get leeching saber and max Q

Null can (with some energy investment) wipe out creep camps with Arcane Sword and a few strategic FFs

Maar can toss Destroyer Aura on camps, though that's again if you're desperate

Micro Gravitus can slime/fast twitch to tear down the marauders and then outlast the elite creep

Drake with rushed mantle and maxed E can pop camps pretty quick, but you'd probably want to be ganking instead.

Nova's passive, and Ill intent, and her Q let you profit from farming quickly, and you can grab some early AGI or armor to go with your machete

Erekul's not the jungler he once was, but if you get Khydarian Absorber his mana issues vanish and you can freely pop off to side camps

LZ's passive damage reduction and his E let you bash down creeps pretty quick

Boros...well Q + mantle if you want, and you're going to melt wave and neutral creep alike

Rancor sadly requires Argus or Yamato and Blue Gene stacks for his nukes to become good creep killers, and in that case you'd be better off nuking the lanes for more cash.

Chuck with his W and E for spell damage, then consuming his capacitive clips for last-hitting potential

Jakk, with his proximity mines and passive grenade attack

Starscream with his Q and passive HP regen (the Garen Factor)

Kerrigan...bounce, leech, need i say more?

BioTron, though he requires 2 points in cannibalize to keep his energy up

TOSH...beacuase he's Tosh...with spectres...and bounty hunter

While your theorycrafting sounds great...

A the point of a jungle isn't just to kill neutral creeps. To be viable, you need to be able to do this quickly and efficiently, gank often, take aeon, and cover for your teamates when they need to shop.

So grunty is Good

MK is a maybe as he can't gank very well and is much more effective for pushing a lane.

Queen - there is really no point in jungling queen

Raynor - the marauders will die quickly and leave raynor to die too. Plus he can't gank well, take aeon, or hold a lane well.

Egon - He can survive, but there is no point

Garamond is okay

Tychus is fine

Null is a maybe/no because while he can gank, he will probably die to creeps too quickly. And no, his force fields don't stop creeps.

MAAR can't gank very well and is better in lane

Micro can't clear creeps very well

Drake. You say with rushed mantle? By the time you get that, jungling is over.

Nova is a good jungler

Erekul will either run out of mana or die, he can't gank or take aeon.

LZ, I haven't tested it but its probably not very good.

Boros is a good jungler

Rancor - why even mention him?

Cow would run out of mana

Jakk cannot survive long enough

Starscream - you mention his HP regen which only works when you aren't being attacked. It also take forever to heal you, so you would have to be wasting time to make this useful

Kerrigan - I guess, but she is much better in the lane

BioTron is a maybe

Tosh - is a good jungler

So The best junglers IMO are

Tosh, Nova, Crackling, Balrog, Shadow.

A the point of a jungle isn't just to kill neutral creeps. To be viable, you need to be able to do this quickly and efficiently, gank often, take aeon, and cover for your teamates when they need to shop.

So grunty is Good

MK is a maybe as he can't gank very well and is much more effective for pushing a lane.

Raynor - the marauders will die quickly and leave raynor to die too. Plus he can't gank well, take aeon, or hold a lane well.

Garamond is okay

Tychus is fine

Null is a maybe/no because while he can gank, he will probably die to creeps too quickly. And no, his force fields don't stop creeps.

Nova is a good jungler

Boros is a good jungler

Starscream - you mention his HP regen which only works when you aren't being attacked. It also take forever to heal you, so you would have to be wasting time to make this useful

BioTron is a maybe

Tosh - is a good jungler

Biotron = Open Offensive/utility talents (Minerals, CD, Leech and LVL), buy 3 red pots, 2 blue pots, blinkmouth serum, the str potion and you can farm so damn fast. Kill the Thor in mid, alone, and you are lvl 3 at first wave.

Jakk (Same talent build) and open with blinkmouth serum ,blue pots and some red pots, you can kill the thor in mid alone to be lvl 3 at first wave. Farm with minefield and from lvls 6+ you can gank and roam the map :p

Darpa is a pretty strong jungler because his ganks provide a slow, a silence, and a high damage DoT. In addition his passive helps you survive the first clear pretty effectively because it reduces the damage of the large creep by 30%.

Oh, and the O66's post is nonsense.

Just posting how they CAN jungle, not that they're necessarily GOOD at it.

EDIT: And I didn't know that Null's FF didn't block creeps. Huh, that's odd.

So grunty is Good

Garamond is okay

Tychus is fine

Nova is a good jungler

Boros is a good jungler

BioTron is a maybe

Tosh - is a good jungler

DARPA

Exactly, this is why I considered brine, because a sudden 2.5 second stun can be pretty deadly, and Brine's HA helps with Aeon.

And this is why I think Tassadar is a good jungler as well, because he can not only gank well with his slow and ult, but he can also gank 2 lanes at once, afk jungle while holding a lane with his clone, towerdive with his clone to finish people off, solo aeon easily, etc. He really has a lot of options at his disposal.

i'll say cain is pretty good. if you have played dota and used ursa, you'll know how to do it. learn frostbite for more dmg and barrage at first. since barrage has a cooldown of 12 sec, click on your barrage 10 sec before the neutrals spawn or 10 sec before you get to the neutrals. then attack them with maximum weapon speed and the cooldown is ready again so you can shoot fast twice. if you are jungling, learn barrage first. lvl 5 cain's 10 shot combo can easily kill firebat / thor while it ignores any marauder's debuff. also you can just ambush the enemies with your 10 shot combo. this is deadly i'll say.