Countering Tosh

Ironsights

Play boros, Q then R as soon as you see him.

Play shadow, and do either any combination of QWR.

Play bio, E into his spectres and ulti him.

Play lord, use Q as a debuff immunity, ring him (make sure u have superheated to kill spectres) and pound away.

Play cain, Freeze and you know the drill.

Play cyprus, if fed, you can probably one shot if not QW the spectres and ulti.

Play null, pretty much any combo will wipe him out

Probably more, cannot think of any off the top of my head

Parallax helps, but you must wipe out his spectres first. You need to get the jump on him. Unless you're boros where you can nullify anything with Q and instantly kill with R

The point is, a good number of heros have combos that own him. He's basically an AA hero with no blinks, 1 small movement speed increase, 1 slow/stun without spectres.

You COULD get taser and basically fight him AA, but items good against him are

Parallax

Superheated (on blinking melee heroes)

Electric Mantle

Barbed (if no leech, might have to need an executioners esp if he gets darwin as he prob will)

My touble is that when playing against him, especially as a tank, there is no real solution to the perma-stun.

You -have- to kill all the spectres, but he can just get more unless you found him farfrom any creeps...

I don;t know.

I have lost o Legit Merk repeatedly, and am trying to find a way to overcome a good tosh.

Parallax fails, too many stuns...super heated maybe... I don't think he is OP, but I am clueless how to fight him if you are NOT on of the heroes with innate crowd control

Play boros, Q then R as soon as you see him. - boros r procs on specters making his ult less viable ss wont kill the specters fast enough in the ult

Play shadow, and do either any combination of QWR. - shadow cant get close due to stun from specters

Play bio, E into his spectres and ulti him. - specters got a buff and the e doesn't kill the specters

Play lord, use Q as a debuff immunity, ring him (make sure u have superheated to kill spectres) and pound away. - super heated mantle will not kill the specters in the time the debuff turns off also im sure tosh can run out of the ring if he is in his ult, tosh can run inside of zeras bubble etc..

Play cain, Freeze and you know the drill. - cain is only viable in 1v1 in team fights cain isnt to strong and the freeze procs on first thing it encounters team fights normally are a mess

Play cyprus, if fed, you can probably one shot if not QW the spectres and ulti. - viable

Play null, pretty much any combo will wipe him out - nulls damage was significantly cut in half , and all good tosh build tanky, with darwins and foe tosh can out stun null,

Probably more, cannot think of any off the top of my head

Parallax helps, but you must wipe out his spectres first. You need to get the jump on him. Unless you're boros where you can nullify anything with Q and instantly kill with R

responded in bold tosh is extremely strong with the specter buff, he is not invincible, but he is really hard to deal with atm

Tosh has always been one of the strongest 1v1 heroes. The best way to counter tosh is to focus on him as a team. Here are a few general tips:

First, make sure you focus on killing his spectres. While spectres did receive a health buff, they can still be killed easily enough, especially with AOE spell damage. Don't ever engage a Tosh with full spectres unless you outnumber him.

Second, don't clump up so he can't stun more than one of you at once.

Third, early and mid game, try to avoid him when he is uses his ult (however, if it's late game and he uses his ult when he doesn't have many spectres, engage--he is probably dealing less damage because he is using his ult--see this post: http://www.aeonofsto...sh-when-to-ult/).

Tosh is strong right now, although I'm not sure I'm quite ready to call him OP. I think that he was balanced before the changes to his spectre health and the increased attack speed cap, so he probably needs some kind of compensatory nerf, but I don't think he needs any massive changes.

Play boros, Q then R as soon as you see him. - boros r procs on specters making his ult less viable ss wont kill the specters fast enough in the ult

Boros probably isn't well suited to kill Tosh 1v1 unless Tosh doesn't have many spectres.

Play shadow, and do either any combination of QWR. - shadow cant get close due to stun from specters

Actually if Shadow can get his R down before he gets in range of the spectres, he has a really good chance of killing Tosh. Shade is a great way to kill spectres, and Tosh will have a hard time stunning Shadow in his R. If Shadow is played right, he will effectively counter Tosh, unless Tosh builds specifically to counter Shadow.

Play bio, E into his spectres and ulti him. - specters got a buff and the e doesn't kill the specters

Depends on the Bio build and that health of the spectres. If the spectres are full health and the Bio doesn't have an int build, then the E won't kill the spectres. However, if some of the spectres are at half health or so, or if the Bio builds INT the E will usually kill them. Also, if the Bio can double E on the spectres, it will generally kill them. However, while this can significantly weaken Tosh, you are unlikely to kill him since he can use his R to escape the Bio R.

Play lord, use Q as a debuff immunity, ring him (make sure u have superheated to kill spectres) and pound away. - super heated mantle will not kill the specters in the time the debuff turns off also im sure tosh can run out of the ring if he is in his ult, tosh can run inside of zeras bubble etc..

I don't think Tosh can run out of the ring, but I'm not positive. It's a different mechanic than Zera's bubble. Superheated is pretty worthless against spectres, but Lord Z as a hero is a pretty good counter to Tosh. Most mid-level Tosh players tend to have their spectres close to Tosh, and fairly clumped up. If that is the case, Explosive Retrofit is a pretty effective item to counter Tosh, especially on a hero like Lord Z who can get off enough AA's on Tosh to kill the surrounding spectres before debuff immunity wears off. Balrog is another hero that has a similar counter to Tosh.

Play cain, Freeze and you know the drill. - cain is only viable in 1v1 in team fights cain isnt to strong and the freeze procs on first thing it encounters team fights normally are a mess

If Cain focuses Tosh in team fights, he is a pretty effective counter. However, against a decent Tosh player, you should probably only expect that to work once--in future team fights, expect to be focused.

Play cyprus, if fed, you can probably one shot if not QW the spectres and ulti. - viable

Agreed. Similarly, Rancor and other burst heroes are incredibly effective against Tosh.

Play null, pretty much any combo will wipe him out - nulls damage was significantly cut in half , and all good tosh build tanky, with darwins and foe tosh can out stun null,

Depends on the Null player. Null has the capability to quickly wipe out Tosh's spectres, and do some significant damage, but that may or may not be enough vs. a decent Tosh player.

Separate him from his spectres somehow. He is the most vulnerable to plucks. If you can snag him away from his team as drake your carries can take him out quickly.

Kill his spectres while he ults and laugh at his puny 80 true damage per hit.

If you meet him 1v1? He is good against casters. Pick someone like Dustin if you really want a caster and kill his spectres from a distance. He won't be able to stunlock you then unless he gets close. As a tank, well, the only tank I can see beating him in true tanky-DPS fashion is balrog since he can just lunge in Tosh's face and crit him to death while debuff immune.

Oh, and LZ with 8 seconds of immunity to stuns.

If he goes for items that give him a unique upon attack, Shadow Mourne can be quite useful... Shrapnel Cloak will take out 3/10 seconds of his Ult and damage his Spectres decently. Otherwise during team comp make sure someone has decent AoE like previously said =\

shrap actually hits the spectres?

I was under the impression that it didn't damage minions...?

I was always under the impression it did... >.> lol

Here's tooltip though that doesn't necessarily mean that...

[Active] Deal 300 Spell Damage and disable all weapons on enemies in a 10-unit radius for 3 seconds. 60 second cooldown.

i wonder why nobody says darpa? imo the most effective counter hero against tosh.

other names - zera - rancor - queen - boros - shadow - jack - cyprus. etc. etc.

i dont know how to deal with a tank 1v1 against tosh.

heros like zera - darpa etc. will be very strong against tanky chars.

imo.

darpa is helldream for tosh - even for a skilled tosh player without taser. when you know a decent tosh player take darpa if you can play him well with good micro. darpa is very very effective against tosh. so effective that he can completely disable a tosh lategame when his teammates cant disable darpa.

when he ults just jump away and you can do it every 5 seconds. then after 5-10 sec jump back, make silence/damage ampl. and AA. when he runs away - jump again - AA + e + q. through his passive and the damage amplification he will pull down a tanky tosh in some seconds. 1v1 darpa wins.

you dont need to focus to kill his spectre - but for darpa his spectres are one shot. the stunts from tosh will never be so strong that you cant jump away or you get silenced - but mosberg silence counters everything and darpa has a free silence E + damage amplification + his q in a combo + his passive.