Mumble IH Community Size [Clarification]

tukeykramer

I keep seeing comments on the forum claiming that the mumble IH community is comprised of a total of 10 to 12 individuals (many of which come from the same individual who has demonstrated a track record for spreading falsehoods about the mumble IH community). I would like to set the record straight on the size of the mumble IH community. Since the latest major patch, (about two weeks) we have had 33 different players take part in mumble IH games. Importantly, not all mumble IH games over this time period have been recorded in the system, so this number under-represents the number of players who regularly play mumble IH games. While we probably have about 20 core players who are consistently taking part in games, the mumble IH community is not nearly as small and insular as some uninformed individuals would have you believe. Since the implementation of the Elo ranking system (about two months ago), we have had 112 different players take part in recorded mumble IH games.

Would we like the mumble IH community to be bigger? Of course. Are we a handful of elitist jerks? No. At worst we are a decent sized group of elitist jerks. While I would contend that the latter is also false, the only way I can prove to you that we aren't a bunch of elitist jerks is for you to give mumble a shot. Yes, there are maybe two or three elitist jerks, but the rest of us are generally welcoming, helpful, and perhaps even downright friendly sometimes.

That's alot of ihers. Gj ih community, keep it up! Does any1 know how this relates to other versions of Aos, or in that case SotIS. I can agree the ihers I met are nice and only make jokes about my 12 creep kills as rancor, but that was funny. Maybe there might be abit more rage if I played in an actual ih instead of an alpha game but now w/ the cool elo system. :D personally havent seen the system but seems good. Gj w/ that turkey. I would anyways get allectris peas you and whaletits on my team based on elo so the teams might be balanced (they would still win).

There might be a few people who are jerks sometimes (hardly abnormal in any context)...but I would contend that there isnt a single elitist that thinks IHers deserve special treatment. Please note that subscribing to the idea that the game should not be balanced around pubs is not in any way an expression of elitism.

Lol, so its not 10 or 12 but its 20 active players, yeah that makes me feel better about the IH community... LOL

Lets go back to 4.xx where we would never have a shortage of players to play a REAL IH, not this ARAM bullshap.

You dont play IH or ARAM...so what flobing difference does it make to you? You are just bitter because you dont like what the game has become. The mumble population is on par with, and often exceeds what it's been since 4.0. RARELY is there a shortage of players such that a game cant be made, unless you are talking about abnormal hours...which, of course, would be stupid.

You dont play IH or ARAM...so what flobing difference does it make to you? You are just bitter because you dont like what the game has become. The mumble population is on par with, and often exceeds what it's been since 4.0. RARELY is there a shortage of players such that a game cant be made, unless you are talking about abnormal hours...which, of course, would be stupid.

Peas likes to point out very clearly that he is one of those 2 or 3 people who is unfriendly. To the new members of AoS, beware and tread carefully as sometimes peas do lash out (just like the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes) and rip your head off

Peas likes to point out very clearly that he is one of those 2 or 3 people who is unfriendly. To the new members of AoS, beware and tread carefully as sometimes peas do lash out (just like the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes) and rip your head off

That's not true. Peas was extremely nice to me compare to other people when I was a new member.

The community is not on par with what we had in 4.X, that was the peak of the game with some extraordinary players that will never be matched. Only time will tell but I can vouch for the old community that as of right now it is no where near close to what we had back then, if you put the EU and the NA IH players all together you can compare that but not at this moment Peas.

Just wanted to clarify, I do wish you guys the best of luck in recruiting more players however :)

So...there are around 100 players in IH. Compared to the thousands of players in pubs.

Is the un-named one using absurd hyperbole when he says 10-12? Yes.

Is the IH community FAR smaller than the Pub community? Yes.

Not picking sides or making any arguement here, just pointing out that having even one hundred players (only twenty regulars) is not such a large amount.

Quantity wise, IH < PUB

Skill wise is debatable

Teamwork goes to the IH's no doubt, they work together FAR better.

Just some observations.

So...there are around 100 players in IH. Compared to the thousands of players in pubs.

Not picking sides or making any arguement here, just pointing out that having even one hundred players (only twenty regulars) is not such a large amount.

Quantity wise, IH < PUB

Skill wise is debatable

Just some observations.

It 10 times bigger than what the trolling owl claims also it would be very strange if the ih community was larger than the pub community

Quantity wise, IH < PUB

Skill wise is debatable

Just some observations.

"Skillwise is debatable"

:D

Is that so, my Ironsighted friend? I'd say that is hardly the kase, regardless of the fakt that I think most of kurrent EU are el nooblo.

The community is not on par with what we had in 4.X, that was the peak of the game with some extraordinary players that will never be matched. Only time will tell but I can vouch for the old community that as of right now it is no where near close to what we had back then, if you put the EU and the NA IH players all together you can compare that but not at this moment Peas.

Just wanted to clarify, I do wish you guys the best of luck in recruiting more players however :)

I'm not saying that I disagree with you, but since you don't play, how can you say that the current players aren't even close to as good as those who are now retired.

omg croc.. i remember that game lmfao.. we didn't let you live that down :P

But it was fine cause I was laughing with you guys...the key to being bad in ih is not to take the games seriously. Sure still try (I actually did, I swear) but if you feed whatever, you still probably improved and the game was fun. Then the next time you play you would have more fun and everything is okay. Plus play alpha games to start off as many of the good inhousers will be playing new heroes or heroes that got changed so they might be a bit closer to your skill level if you pick a familiar hero. Also, people don't take alpha games AS seriously and it's cool to see all the new changes! The key is to just listen to them to improve and have fun. (alot of people forget that that's the whole point of video games)

20 core players? That is a cult not a community. LOL!

On top of being bad at this game you seem to have trouble using your won language, because a group of people being a cult has nothing to do with the number of people in this group, now stop spilling your hate because you failed that one inhouse and got rages at, got to school and grow up small son.