Darpa-timing and range changes

HotGuyCalvin

I have been playing Darpa a lot recently and I would like to add some comments about his mechanics to make him more viable in game. I would like to hear your insight on Darpa.

But, here are my thoughts on Darpa.

Sonic grenade- Increase the range of the sonic grenade to +1

At this point, Darpa's range for tossing the sonic grenade does not give me a lot of room to complete vendetta stacks. The range is very short and doesn't give me an opportunity to silence in time, and often, the enemy can cast their abilities before I am in range to toss the grenade.

Cyanide clip - Reduce the cooldown by 1-2 seconds

I believe the cyanide clip should be reduced or scaled for subsequent levels. A static 10 second cyanide clip does not help in end-game fighting with other opponenets.

Desperado jump:

- make the jump smoother after landing

- Darpa should not take damage in between jumps (my personal opinion, but let me know)

- level 6 jump range is pathetic (increase jump range?)

ex. Boros omnislashes darpa, Darpa jumps, but the remaining omnislashes contiue on Darpa after he's landed. Not sure if this was intended, could just be boros. But nontheless, if the jump is supposed to help engage enemies or get away from them, the jump needs to have utility.

Please let me know your thoughts on Darpa, because I certainly acknowledge that Darpa requires more attention to play. He has no AOE, slow, but has silence and an escape mechanic. My argument is to make the cyanide clip better for farming and scaling against creeps and heroes, the silence to empower his engagments, and the desperado jump to be effective.

Thanks Forum!

Ok, so you want to give a very powerful AA carry with a built in silence enough range to outrange 70% of the spells in the game in addition to a large damage amp?

Initial burst dmg, slow and dmg reduction as a passive isnt good enough for you?

Jump range is pretty awesome especially with the move speed buff for running or chasing, its nearly impossible to catch a fleeing darpa in a 1v1

The jump could certainly be smoother ill grant ya that

Well I find with the sonic grenade, with 2 second silence, even at a 3 range does not provide a lot of distance to get stacks off to build a full 3 stacks. The most stacks you can get is 1 if the enemy is proactive. I just find that psychologically, the enemy knows they can engage darpa and pop their skills off before Darpa is in range to toss his grenade.

The cyanide clip 1-2 second reduction would help clear waves better for darpa, and in end game, against heroes, 10 seconds in between each clip, slowing enemy for 30% for 1.5 seconds is insignificant. If it was reduced to 8 seconds, the clip can slow 1.5 seconds, giving darpa 6.5 seconds to dps and he can desperado jump to catch up. But 10 seconds for me is just too long IMO.

Sonic grenade has significantly more than 3 range closer to 5-6. If your engaging properly at minimum your getting off 2 stacks as your cyanide clip provides one in addition to your auto attack, this provides a 5 second silence with dmg amp. If your not engaging properly, it gives you one stack which is still 3 seconds of silence.

Slowing the enemy for 30% for 1.5 seconds reducing their dmg output by 20% and and doing 90% of your dmg including crits and leech every ten seconds is hardly something to sneeze at.

Darpa can already clear creep waves quite effectively with his high attack speed and dmg

But his damage and attack speed is only mitigated from his items, not the character itself.

Another thing I want to add, is characters can cast spells in between the grenade animation when its tossed. So even as the grenade is flying through the air, enemies have a split second to cast.

I would love to see a game mechanic showing enemies silenced and the duration they're silenced. Much like Jackson's particle beam.

Yes Darpa's cyanide clip is effective but only with the crits and leech items you get for him.

But yes, sonic grenade and cyanide clip does have those effects. =)

Without items pretty much every skill and hero is weak so that argument doesnt hold much weight...

Yup they do gives a teensy window of oppurtunity, without lag some heros can even dodge it while its flying. Much harder to do than other projectiles such as cains ultie but if you can do it quite effective.

Come on guys, Darpa is so nice right now, his Q deal 450 + 250% int with full vendettas, his W adds 90% weapon damage each 6 seconds, and his grenade amplify more the damage of your poor victim, and you also have one nice scape mechanic, in late game Darpa is a monster, like every carry should be, in early game just need more attention.

If you reduce W cd, it just would be a joke.

Is this tread a joke? No offence to your points, but let me say that I'm pretty sure you play Darpa, otherwise you would see that he is already on of the best heros. He can whip Shadow, and if microed he can whip Boros. Sonic grenade gives him a perfect amount of time to destroy casters while talking no dmg too. Increased range on grenade would make is major OP, and his clip CD is fine... He is like micro.grav in the way that it allows him to deny like no other hero. The one thing I agree on is that he has to wait a sec after using his ult, and this could be removed, thus making it "smoother".

Well I have a couple questions for you:

Is this tread a joke? No offence to your points, but let me say that I'm pretty sure you play Darpa, otherwise you would see that he is already on of the best heros. He can whip Shadow, and if microed he can whip Boros. Sonic grenade gives him a perfect amount of time to destroy casters while talking no dmg too. Increased range on grenade would make is major OP, and his clip CD is fine... He is like micro.grav in the way that it allows him to deny like no other hero. The one thing I agree on is that he has to wait a sec after using his ult, and this could be removed, thus making it "smoother".

- Boros can storm and omni the darpa and kill him in a matter of seconds if he engages first. Early and mid game, the boros is dominant. Even with a full crit build, you sacrifice HP and it only takes an Omnislash from a boros to finish the darpa. So my point is the desperado jump that should get away from sticky targeting or lasting enemy offensive effects.

-With Shadow, even the desperado jump, Shadow can quickly catch up seeing how all of his skills manipulate character movement.

-With the sonic grenade, like I said, an increased range would help. Not too sure how much this would effect but casters can often engage and set off spells before Darpa gets in range. Not saying that the silence is awesome, but jus that the range might need to be looked at.

Come on guys, Darpa is so nice right now, his Q deal 450 + 250% int with full vendettas, his W adds 90% weapon damage each 6 seconds, and his grenade amplify more the damage of your poor victim, and you also have one nice scape mechanic, in late game Darpa is a monster, like every carry should be, in early game just need more attention.

If you reduce W cd, it just would be a joke.

True, Darpa can be a monster late game, but he is incredibly gear dependent. The builds either increase crits and leech at the cost of HP. I don't want any changes to the Q grenade, but with the sonic grenade, if the range was increased to make this skill better to apply stacks earlier in engagement. I would argue he is the most gear dependent AGI carry. Darpa needs the perfect mixture of weapon speed to stack charges, leech, weapon damage, and crit.

Is it 6 seconds currently? Thought it was 10. Or maybe I'm thinking of the duration of vendetta stacks.

and if the darpa engages the boros first, he cant even land a single blow before dying, and boros is one of the top 1v1 heros in the game

Shadow, crackling and grunty in the river are about the only heros in the game that can ever catch darpa. Jump isnt meant to be an invincibility button its a utility skill. You can always jumpe a ledge to escape them.

You have a 6 cast range silence with darpa wtf more do you want a global silence?

All agi carries are entirely gear dependant. Heck nearly all chars are gear dependant, about the only ones who could play withough items would be a team comp of, drake, balrog, rory, tosh not sure who the fifth would be, but balrog for tank ability without items, tosh for true dmg/stuns, rory for dmg from molotov, drake to eventually win the game via his passive.

Have a problem with range on sonic grenade? Buy a taser and then continue the silence with sonic grenade... He's an assassin hero imo, that means you must engage on your terms, so jump in close enough for your sonic grenade. Otherwise, engage with cloak to get close enough.

Second of all, I feel like he has great agility scaling, which allows his items to focus more on damage than attack speed. Cyanide clip CD is fine IMO, it's great for initiation, adds a stack, makes it difficult for them to run or engage you. Personally I don't think you need a second clip during a fight unless it's to end it.

I think hes an amazing hero possibly on the op side, I'd have to play him more to know how well he compares to other carries. But every competent DARPA I have played against did very well...

True, Darpa can be a monster late game, but he is incredibly gear dependent. The builds either increase crits and leech at the cost of HP. I don't want any changes to the Q grenade, but with the sonic grenade, if the range was increased to make this skill better to apply stacks earlier in engagement. I would argue he is the most gear dependent AGI carry. Darpa needs the perfect mixture of weapon speed to stack charges, leech, weapon damage, and crit.

Is it 6 seconds currently? Thought it was 10. Or maybe I'm thinking of the duration of vendetta stacks.

I always rush phase cloak for cheap damage and cloak, then i go directly to lethal barb, you may thing it's bad but not, then i buy zerg symbiosis, shinobi, khali blade, gluttons bitte, cont. shard, darwins might and shadowmourne, i dont buy pyre because i just dont need it, i melt down tanks with 6k hp with 800 damage crits, with W charged, i deal 2 crits, 600+800 usually, i end up with 400 wp dmg and 2500 hp, i can also kill levi in 20 seconds just with lethal + khali, you may thing darpa without pyre? but yes, it works, and lethal barb + chaos prism mid game is enought.

Derpa has a weak early game by design. He is a hard carry and scales into the late-game better than most heroes due to his range and unkillability.

He certainly does not need to counter casters more than he does now--casters are the only counter to carries in general. Other than more carries.

If anything, other carries should be nerfed to his level to make the classes more balanced between each other.

Darpa is one of the strongest heroes at any stage in the game......... his spider is the most damaging non-ult singe spell (excluding Jax beam, tass drain, because you are not likely to take full damage from them). He has the longest non-skillshot silence in the game, which also amplifies damage. His heroic passive is by itself, one of the strongest in the game. His W is pretty much a free critical hit (old one, not the pure damage current one) that slows. His ult is perhaps not the rape-everything that Boros, Shadow and Zera have, but this is irrelevant. It gives Darpa the kind of mobility only 2 heroes have. Not smooth? Maybe. Still irrelevant. Also, Darpa is a Ranged Agility DPS hero. He scales better with items than Rancor, Toxi, Tass, Tosh (Ult only lowers DPS, unless 4 spectres, against a high armor target, with proc-based items). Nova comes close, but she doesn't have a silence, slow, as big a damage amplify, or essentially double blink at lvl 16 (5- 3 from stacks consumed in two shots + spider/grenade = 2. If you use the other skill also, it is basically double blink). Darpa is ludicrously easy, and moderately OP. While some heroes like Boros are more deadly on paper, a good player will NEVER get beaten as Darpa. I've played Darpa 4 times in the 3 days, and I've never went below 6-1 kdr. In two of the games I didn't die at all. I've easily carried my team and won in all 4 games. The last thing he needs right now is a buff. If you have trouble with him, maybe your playstyle doesn't suit him, anf you should chose some other hero that does. Or your item build sucks. What is it?

and if the darpa engages the boros first, he cant even land a single blow before dying, and boros is one of the top 1v1 heros in the game

Shadow, crackling and grunty in the river are about the only heros in the game that can ever catch darpa. Jump isnt meant to be an invincibility button its a utility skill. You can always jumpe a ledge to escape them.

You have a 6 cast range silence with darpa wtf more do you want a global silence?

All agi carries are entirely gear dependant. Heck nearly all chars are gear dependant, about the only ones who could play withough items would be a team comp of, drake, balrog, rory, tosh not sure who the fifth would be, but balrog for tank ability without items, tosh for true dmg/stuns, rory for dmg from molotov, drake to eventually win the game via his passive.

Egon?

Alot of the information seems false

Cyline clips : CD is seconds fully leveled

Assault jumps are same range all levels, just diff CD

Sonic grenade stacks, - Cyline slows and you could get FoE or just jump to get another stack.

Darpa is pretty strong, I like to troll as him and build him int, then my mine deals

I think darpa is amongst the most OP heroes atm. If he hits 16 and his ulti is 4 seconds he will become unstoppable without a form of silence. The 4 seconds is a worse case scenario because if he uses vendetta stacks it reduces his ulti cd by said nummer of stacks. In teamfights he can (assuming he uses q+e) jump in deal insane dmg and jump out if he gets low hp. And there is no ranged aa hero who can wreak this kind of havoc and can easily escape.

So why buff him ?

Heres my build

Leeching sabre, then build valors manifest, lethal barb, khali blade, darwins, Shinobi, BHM,

By the time i get to darwins, i sell the sabre. From there I will get phase cloak and revolver. Then build both shinobi and BHM as my last 2 items.

I am debating if leeching sabre is good right off the start. i haven't rushed the phase cloak yet. I'll try it out today.

What are your talents? I have a difficult time deciding which talents. But i go 3-1-2.

Offense: 15% weapon speed, 9% leech, Veteran

Fitness: +180 HP

Utility: +230 energy & 7% movement speed.

Do I need the hp buff tho? I'm having a hard time sometimes choosing the 7% over the fitness 13% when hp above 70%.

veteran is a waisted tallent imho... why anyone gets it is beyond me. Instead of veteran get demigod. Movement speed isn't a waist but for darpa it is. heres my tallents for darpa:

Offense : Weap spd, leech & demigod

Defensive : armor, health

Utility : energy

It makes him semi impossible to kill late game.

Items : :ArcboundRavager::ForceofEntropy::ContaminationShard::IsomorphicPyre::TimeSplitter::KhaliBlade:

The last 2 i change depending on the situation but FoE gives me enough HP to do the damage i need to do & get out, in most pubs, the minute they see their health drop fast they run & with FoE, it makes it impossible to run from darpa. He's a sniper hero & a very good one at that. to nerf darpa now would break him to the point of over OP. He's very strong as it stands & very few pubbers can deal with him. A nub darpa is an easy target (as with any nub plaing hero) but a skilled darpa is one of the most difficult things to deal with, he's a murderer of all hero types & more on the op scale than on the up scale.

Without items pretty much every skill and hero is weak so that argument doesnt hold much weight...

Rory Swann...Micro Gravitus...Shadow Geminus...Gabriel Tosh...Fine Brine...Jim Raynor...Roulette Jackson...Tychus Findley...Sarah Kerrigan...

Your argument was never, ever, ever even approaching the level of validity for me to declare it invalid.