Should we punish serial ragequitters?

Sam

Well, clearly I suck at balance suggestions, so I'll have to try and improve the pub experience in other ways. Here goes:

-There is a very serious problem which is that many players will quit a game at the drop of the hat. One early death, and they leave, ruining the game for everyone else. I would say, and I believe that most other pub players would back me up on this that 50% of pub games are ruined by ragequitters.

For this reason, I think that there should be a punishment implemented to discourage this kind of serial ragequitting. It is clear that the engine can detect whether you left your last game.

- The penalty should stack with successive quits, and be wiped out when one game is completed.

- Maybe it could be a mineral penalty? Or a very small stat decrease? The more serious the penalty, the more ragequitting will be discouraged.

I believe that therefore there should be a warning at first, then exponentially increasing punishments. This is a serious problem, which requires a tough solution.

At the very least, give people a "hat of shame" or something to show everyone that they are a ragequitter. Thoughts?

Implementing a punishment for ragequitting repeatedly would without question decrease ragequits and hugely benefit the game. Why not do it?

PS. Please be civil so another of my threads doesn't end up locked stuffed and mounted in Adamantium's trophy room. He's 2 for 2 so far.

- Maybe it could be a mineral penalty? Or a very small stat decrease? The more serious the penalty, the more ragequitting will be discouraged.

If you do that they will have disadvantage, die early and ragequit, and in a new game, the same, untill the player stop play this game because this, even if the penalty only happen one per day, that would not solve the problem, it would just make the game less popular, the punishment imo should be a temporal ban from the game, maybe 5 minutes, then 10, and then 15 if you quit in a row in the same day.

If you do that they will have disadvantage, die early and ragequit, and in a new game, the same, untill the player stop play this game because this, even if the penalty only happen one per day, that would not solve the problem, it would just make the game less popular, the punishment imo should be a temporal ban from the game, maybe 5 minutes, then 10, and then 15 if you quit in a row in the same day.

That kind of ban would be ideal, unfortunately I don't think it would be possible with the editor. The reason the penalty is that way is for every player who quits because of stacking rq penalties, there will be five who just stop ragequitting altogether. Keep in mind that I am suggesting one "warning" before the penalties begin.

Yes, but punish pubstompers who do premade crews of 4 or 5 players first. A lot of people are just not that good and pubstomping is in a way a form of cheating since you are stacking the deck before the game even begins. It would sure be nice if there was a place for high level play without premades and pubstompers and don't say IH cause as long as they have retarded picking rules and other arcane BS I am not really interested. Perhaps maybe I should start a splinter group for IH games among people who don't want the stupidity of setting up games the way IH games currently are (which BTW does nothing more than promote elitism and bad attitudes) and just want to play.

It would also be nice if there was a "random" mode for setting up games already that would automatically randomize teams and/or randomize hero choices.

Yes, but punish pubstompers who do premade crews of 4 or 5 players first. A lot of people are just not that good and pubstomping is in a way a form of cheating since you are stacking the deck before the game even begins. It would sure be nice if there was a place for high level play without premades and pubstompers and don't say IH cause as long as they have retarded picking rules and other arcane BS I am not really interested. Perhaps maybe I should start a splinter group for IH games among people who don't want the stupidity of setting up games the way IH games currently are (which BTW does nothing more than promote elitism and bad attitudes) and just want to play.

It would also be nice if there was a "random" mode for setting up games already that would automatically randomize teams and/or randomize hero choices.

ohh neat, 4-5 friends want to play a game they enjoy and there cheating for playing a game they enjoy ........

p.s. sorry about double post meant to edit not quote

ohh neat, 4-5 friends want to play a game they enjoy and there cheating for playing a game they enjoy ........

not cheating. But rlly hard to lose with any decent 5 man group. Kinda makes other team that might have 1-2 good players and 3 new people worthless

Punishments are a silly idea. It will just cause people to stop playing the game. Most rq are due to pre made teams (nothing wrong with pre made teams for pub imo). I say just live with it. There is no decent solution. You either punish players who are not very good, or groups of friends trying to have fun.

OK so 4 or 5 so-called friends who meet each other in the AoS channel who all happen to be experienced (since noobs get filtered out when establishing premade crews), and they run into a team with maybe 2 experienced players, a rage quitter and/or dropper, and 2 noobs. Tell me how this is even remotely fair and not basically "stacking the deck" which in a way might as well be cheating.

Yah about as fair and balanced as Fox News.

how is mumble unfair? im confused, why do you blatantly troll this forum bad mouthing mumble and the ih community?

OK so 4 or 5 so-called friends who meet each other in the AoS channel who all happen to be experienced (since noobs get filtered out when establishing premade crews), and they run into a team with maybe 2 experienced players, a rage quitter and/or dropper, and 2 noobs. Tell me how this is even remotely fair and not basically "stacking the deck" which in a way might as well be cheating.

rofl, what do you want then all teams all random? i still can not believe you think a group of friends wanting to play on the same team is cheating,

As i said before if you want balanced teams and fun games join mumble

when we ih we use captains or we use a system to choose the teams based on a rating not every game is going to be 100% balanced but 8/10 games are about 95% balanced

how is mumble unfair? im confused, why do you blatantly troll this forum bad mouthing mumble and the ih community?

rofl, what do you want then all teams all random? i still can not believe you think a group of friends wanting to play on the same team is cheating,

As i said before if you want balanced teams and fun games join mumble

when we ih we use captains or we use a system to choose the teams based on a rating not every game is going to be 100% balanced but 8/10 games are about 95% balanced

A group of friends playing together can be reallllllllly fun if you play against another group of friends. Organized versus organized.

If you have a group of friends playing against random people, well that is just lame as regardless of whether you are on the organized or disorganized team the game is either not challenging or very frustrating. Also, much of the time because the organized team prepicks their heroes (usually something like Shadow, Boros, Nova, Rory, Micro, Vespus), and then you have your random set of heroes on the disorganized team versus the premade crews picks of the not so balanced bunch of heroes, while your random set of heroes often has no tank or sometimes 4 support heroes and no DPS. AoS is far from balanced these days, but even then you can make up for shortcomings with skill and experience if you can count on both teams having at least some not so good players on each team. However, If you are facing a premade you have to pick an OP hero and hope your team does not rage quit during the laning phase where certain OP laning combinations like Rory Micro will cause all but the most experienced players to rage because of how unfair they are to players who don't realize there is no good counter to that lane other than hugging your own tower and trying not to die too fast while your whole team rushes parallax generators and/or tasers.

Seriously, I think you are trolling at this point to even remotely suggest otherwise.

A group of friends playing together can be reallllllllly fun if you play against another group of friends. Organized versus organized.

If you have a group of friends playing against random people, well that is just lame whether you are on the organized or disorganized team much of the time because the organized team prepicks their heroes (usually something like Shadow, Boros, Nova, Rory, Micro, Vespus), and then you have your random set of heroes on the disorganized team, often with no tank or sometimes 4 support heroes and no DPS. AoS is far from balanced these days, but even then you can make up for shortcomings with skill and experience if you can count on both teams having at least some not so good players. However, If you are facing a premade you have to pick an OP hero and hope your team does not rage quit during the laning phase where certain OP laning combinations like Rory Micro will cause all but the most experienced players to rage because of how unfair they are to players who don't realize there is no good counter to that lane other than hugging your own tower and trying not to die too fast while your whole team rushes parallax generators and/or tasers.

use mumble and you wont encounter any of that ROFL

If you have a group of friends playing against random people, well that is just lame whether you are on the organized or disorganized team much of the time because the organized team prepicks their heroes (usually something like Shadow, Boros, Nova, Rory, Micro, Vespus), and then you have your random set of heroes on the disorganized team, often with no tank or sometimes 4 support heroes and no DPS. AoS is far from balanced these days, but even then you can make up for shortcomings with skill and experience if you can count on both teams having at least some not so good players. However, If you are facing a premade you have to pick an OP hero and hope your team does not rage quit during the laning phase where certain OP laning combinations like Rory Micro will cause all but the most experienced players to rage because of how unfair they are to players who don't realize there is no good counter to that lane other than hugging your own tower and trying not to die too fast while your whole team rushes parallax generators and/or tasers.

so your problem is with bad players and not people who understand team compositions and team work. Thanks for clearing that up

use mumble and you wont encounter any of that ROFL

You are acting like I have never done so. I have played some IH games and don't care to waste my time with it the way it works right now. You are obviously trolling at this point so I am just gonna ignore you from now on as almost nobody other than the 10-12 people including yourself wants to bother with the "IH Community" even though it is prominently advertised every time you load up the game.

When i roll with a group of friends we experiment with stupid crap typically, we play heros were bad at or set ourselves rules, for example one of the last times I did so we played where we only bought consumables, did horrible horrible things to our KDR but it was still funny and honestly who cares about kdr anyway?

The argument I keep hearing is "if you want a good game play IH." Shouldn't we try to make the pubs a better place to play?

see the problem lies in the type of game that AoS is. MOBA games dont really lend themselves very well to uncoordinated play, where people only care about themselves and not the team.

You are acting like I have never done so. I have played some IH games and don't care to waste my time with it the way it works right now. You are obviously trolling at this point so I am just gonna ignore you from now on as almost nobody other than the 10-12 people including yourself wants to bother with the "IH Community" even though it is prominently advertised every time you load up the game.

could you plz tell me the last time that you played on mumble

I like the idea of a mode where teams are completely random, it is kind of annoying when you lose 4 or 5 games in a row due to premades of 4+ people.

I like the idea of a mode where teams are completely random, it is kind of annoying when you lose 4 or 5 games in a row due to premades of 4+ people.

yawnnn then make the effort to get a "premade". it's simple: do well in a game, make yourself desireable, look at lifetime stats at the end of the game, invite to party. Keep recruiting in each game and eventually you'll just have decent to good players. then all you have to do is focus on teamwork rather than focus on teaching kids how to play on top of teaching them how to work as a team

Back on topic:

It would be nice if you quit the perious game you lose your starting mineals the next game, and that money is divided among the your team. I also think that it should be displayed on the sceen so everyone can see it. This punishes the rager but not the team.

On a related note: Trolls

what can be done with people that go 0-10 or more?