increase brines tenticle by 1-2 range

Hogwarts

Decidedly not, its the shortest range initiation, but its also the strongest disable far and above. Even if you dont use it as an initiation move due to its range, but tentacle someone during the fight for example the other teams carry or support ie egon, its now a 5v4 for the fight.

Early game it allows for far more dmg output than any other initiation, its got about the same range as an early lance/toss, exists long before tass can swap. Adding 2 range on it would make it outdistance most ranged heros auto attacks, and equal most spells.

It alreadys superior to drakes ulti in disabling a single target.

Hell no, Brine's initiation doesn't need a buff. 2.5 seconds while being impact-dial-pulled into the enemy team is extremely powerful and will get you killed instantly. The only heroes who can fight it are egon, boros, balrog, and LZ because of their built-in debuff immunity.

Balrog is probably a hard counter to brine because he can save teammates too.

Increasing the range will do nothing but make brine anti-fun since you wouldn't be able to harass him anymore without risking instant death.

Na brine is lacking, and obv you get move speed, but phantom menace? dafuq? that item is trash

Brine is pretty good but compared to drake and micro, boros his initiation is lacking its easy to cc brine,

in no way am i saying brine is UP he is just lacking compared to initiators, no one will pick brine over micro or drake

all im suggesting is a small increase in the range 1 or two

and how in the heck does brines e out perform drakes ult in disable/ stun?

i swear the kids on this forum

Lets see, brines drag as opposed to drakes ult, for starters drakes is an ult, secondly brines pull stuns nearly twice aslong as drakes ultimate pops them in the air disabling them, it has no cast time, is possible to move and dmg the person simultaneously, with a (mind blank on the push item) its got basically the same range as lance for moving people away from their team, and doing so causes far more dmg than the lance while being the second longest stun in the game and its not a skillshot.

You want to increase its range from roughly 3.5 to 5.5 how many auto attacks can outrange that? I can think of only 4 offhand, nova, raynor, rancor and null. So makes brine unharrassable for 90% of the heros in the game early on.

Last but not least phantom menace being a trash item......

I swear the idiots on this forum....

Lets see, brines drag as opposed to drakes ult, for starters drakes is an ult, secondly brines pull stuns nearly twice aslong as drakes ultimate pops them in the air disabling them, it has no cast time, is possible to move and dmg the person simultaneously, with a (mind blank on the push item) its got basically the same range as lance for moving people away from their team, and doing so causes far more dmg than the lance while being the second longest stun in the game and its not a skillshot.

You want to increase its range from roughly 3.5 to 5.5 how many auto attacks can outrange that? I can think of only 4 offhand, nova, raynor, rancor and null. So makes brine unharrassable for 90% of the heros in the game early on.

Last but not least phantom menace being a trash item......

I swear the idiots on this forum....

Phantom is one of the absolute worse items in the game, if the buff worked like grunty river racer it would be an ok item, but it turns off once u get close

Drake's lance is a sclience and a pull and drakes ult is a stun/ and an aoe damage. drake has another aoe damage skill, i can not see how you think brine is more viable then drake, blows my mind.

And you seem to be under the impression im demanding a 2 range buff when even in the title it says 1-2 , id be fine with a 1 , 1.5 etc.. i just feel no one will pick a brine over a drake or a micro in a competitive game because brine is not as useful as a drake or micro,

and yes brine could possible drag some one as far as a lvl 4 lance but the point is my friend brine has to get close to pull, and thus he can be cc like no other, he can be slowed, the speed debufs in this game 100% stop speed buffs just due to the math, brine can be stunned as he tries to walk away, where drake doesn't need to get close, and micros pull does not require him to walk away so the toss is much more viable, pretty much the only thing that will stop a micro toss is a tazer,

fact is brine could have 200% speed buff but one slow will insanely drop that speed to nothing and also stun stops the pull etc..

brine is less viable then micro drake boros by leaps and bounds

lol Phantom one of worst items in the game.... are you stupid or a troll? But i suppose thats hardly the point here

Drakes lance is roughly a 1/2 second stun when it snags someone ontop of that the lance and the ulti are two seperate skills your doing the exact same thing barring heal to a single target better than both. Second did I ever say brine was more or less viable than drake? No. Learn to read please.

I used two to illustrate the point, the point remains at any increase. Doing the math for every possible number between 1 and 2 is rather a waste of time isnt it?

Brine has a slightly diferent role than drake and grav, Brines a less common choice but thats because hes pretty boring to play rather like Kerrigan and unix. Unless your suggesting Kerrigan is UP?

If you want to be a primary initator with brine two items will make you utterly untouchable/unstopable with a 100% success rate, (only tassadar can claim an equal success rate and thats his ultimate) SHC and the push, Best yet brine can even do it from underground forcing the enemy early on to waste cash on TS and still be unable to stop it once you buy a warphard.

IF he needed a buff, buffing Pull range would be a bad way to buff tbh. Maybe something to his q idk..but personally I think brine is fine balance wise. But I mainly only play pubs where it's hella ez to farm with a and I get the most farm/1 of the highest every game AND I haven't played Aos in a while. (yes I know as a support I shouldn't take the creep kills but it's not like

my laning partner knows what a last hit is or that I can rely on them to carry me...)

lol Phantom one of worst items in the game.... are you stupid or a troll? But i suppose thats hardly the point here

Drakes lance is roughly a 1/2 second stun when it snags someone ontop of that the lance and the ulti are two seperate skills your doing the exact same thing barring heal to a single target better than both. Second did I ever say brine was more or less viable than drake? No. Learn to read please.

I used two to illustrate the point, the point remains at any increase. Doing the math for every possible number between 1 and 2 is rather a waste of time isnt it?

Brine has a slightly diferent role than drake and grav, Brines a less common choice but thats because hes pretty boring to play rather like Kerrigan and unix. Unless your suggesting Kerrigan is UP?

If you want to be a primary initator with brine two items will make you utterly untouchable/unstopable with a 100% success rate, (only tassadar can claim an equal success rate and thats his ultimate) SHC and the push, Best yet brine can even do it from underground forcing the enemy early on to waste cash on TS and still be unable to stop it once you buy a warphard.

So we both agree then brine is less viable then micro and drake and needs a slight buff thanks,

Hogwarts, stop trolling. You're being given good reasons why Brine is perfectly viable right now, but you're ignoring them. Your suggestion will ruin the game and make Brine unharassable in the laning phase. Think your suggestions through next time.

why cant brines length increase with the lvl just like drake? if your concerned of the lane phase,

my point is pretty valid ...... brine is way less viable then his other counter parts, i.e drake and micro

any kind of move speed brine has is negated by any kind of speed debuff, its just how the math work, Debuffs in this game absolutely rape buffs brine cant move he cant do his job.

brine gets stunned brine cant do his job,

brine cant walk brine cant do his job i.e walls from cyprus null, cow, or the simple body block,

micro and drake can still do there job with all the issues i stated above. easily, that is the point of this thread, make brine a viable option comparable to its counter parts, by a every so slight buff,

it only makes sense,

if a micro is stunned no big deal he will live threw it and still toss,

drake is normally to far away to stun,

if micro is slowed no real big deal his pull does not require move speed to work,

if drake is being slowed its no real issue because the range,

do you not see my point? Brine is severely underclasses compared to his counter parts in this game.

do you not see my point? Brine is severely underclasses compared to his counter parts in this game.

You want to play the game of cherry picking random examples? Alright.

Brine is one of the strongest tanks in the game.

Brine's early game is absolutely deadly and he has great follow-through with ganks.

Brine has stealth, which dominates during the mid-game before mass truesight.

Brine has free harass with Q and has a slow to get to his target with.

Brine has the longest stun in the game.

Brine has the most reliable stun in the game (completely undodgeable).

Really, the only problem with Brine right now is that his controls are sloppy and he's a bit boring to play. But for a one-trick-pony, he's a hell of a pony.

You want to play the game of cherry picking random examples? Alright.

Brine is one of the strongest tanks in the game.

Brine's early game is absolutely deadly and he has great follow-through with ganks.

Brine has stealth, which dominates during the mid-game before mass truesight.

Brine has free harass with Q and has a slow to get to his target with.

Brine has the most reliable stun in the game (completely undodgeable).

Really, the only problem with Brine right now is that his controls are sloppy and he's a bit boring to play. But for a one-trick-pony, he's a hell of a pony.

cool, a tank is tanky,

brine is still lacking compared to micro and drake

@FruitNinja: Brine's Impale is totally dodgeable. First, there's a half-second delay between the time his ability gets set on cooldown and him launching the projectile and then about another half-second between the projectile launch and effect. You can just blink out or get Debuff Immunity in that time and thus dodge Impale [but this only works if Brine is not burrowed].

@Hogwarts: How is Brine lacking? EXPLAIN. Don't just quote a huge block of text and then say two sentences, just replace the text of the quote with "-snip-"...

@FruitNinja: Brine's Impale is totally dodgeable. First, there's a half-second delay between the time his ability gets set on cooldown and him launching the projectile and then about another half-second between the projectile launch and effect. You can just blink out or get Debuff Immunity in that time and thus dodge Impale [but this only works if Brine is not burrowed].

@Hogwarts: How is Brine lacking? EXPLAIN. Don't just quote a huge block of text and then say two sentences, just replace the text of the quote with "-snip-"...

did you even read the post in this thread? i went over in detail why i think brine is lacking, zzzz

Brine is in no way lacking as a hero. but compared to the other support initiators he is lacking, he is less useful then micro, drake, boros, jackson

Well actually...Grunty gets a stun that's twice as long if you do it right...

But I agree with everything else you've said except that and that he's a "One Trick Pony". I believe he's anything but that.

Q active, harass in lane, whittle down a tank in a fight, slow an enemy trying to escape or chase, finish off low hp heroes or put them in range for an Erekul finish.

Q passive - damage resist for free, sweet.

W, movespeed, heal. Great for chasing that enemy down for an impale or getting into position faster for Nether Assassin. Great for running, great for lane sustain, great for tanking in early/mid during prolonged fights

E, Damage, pull, stun, save an ally, doom an enemy, all the stuff said above and more with this ability. Seriously, try a Star Fury on this guy and turn your E into an extra ULT.

R, Stealth, massive spell damage + free Star Fury proc bonus, if you have Star Fury, you get that massive bonus + a whopping 200% of your INT on that hit. Run away, sneak in and solo-gank in lane, leave a fight and stealth-flank

Seriously, Brine's one of the most amazing support/tanks out there and is fairly item independent with his pull-stun, stealth, and spammable Q that does percentage based damage on a short CD.

...On that note, has anyone tried a Star Fury build on Brine?

did you even read the post in this thread? i went over in detail why i think brine is lacking, zzzz

Brine is in no way lacking as a hero. but compared to the other support initiators he is lacking, he is less useful then micro, drake, boros, jackson

The problem is that you have no actual argument to back up your statement. You are running on cherry-picked evidence and your own personal opinion.

...On that note, has anyone tried a Star Fury build on Brine?

Yes. It's viable, but only as a late-game addition. Chasing star's fury early will make Roach weak up front.

OP's point is ridiculous and clearly so. Drake is under-powered compared to Micro and Drake? Well, thanks for proving he's well balanced, since both Drake and Micro are OP right now.

Actually, early game especially, Roach is still OP preferred over Drake or Gravi for many team builds. You do not buff the strongest stun in the game.

The problem is that you have no actual argument to back up your statement. You are running on cherry-picked evidence and your own personal opinion.

cherry pick,

you mean when i pointed out brine cant do his job as well as drake and micro? the only two other herons who he shares the same job as? tank. support/ initiator

neat,

cherry pick,

you mean when i pointed out brine cant do his job as well as drake and micro? the only two other herons who he shares the same job as? tank. support/ initiator

neat,

The three heroes hardly have the same playstyle.

Micro's grab does not benefit from impact dial (brine can drag farther with impact dial + SHC), makes his target invulnerable for a few seconds, and still has to faceplant into the enemy team to initiate. Brine is also a better tank, has stealth, is better early game, and is a better chaser.

Drake is overpowered right now and is pretty much a carry.

I think brine is fine the way he is. If anything his shields should be increased not the range on his tentaces.

On that note, has anyone tried a Star Fury build on Brine.

No I have not.

But I like getting dial grav edge and silver soul on brine. Since he can hit is abilities frequently he can kite quite a few heroes or rip and pull.