Shadow passive Op

shinossv

I am sure some one has brought this up, but shadow passive teleport is op

-first reason is that you cant somtimes even click on him b/c he moves too fast

-second is that orther heros have to move (turn around) just to attack him, which reuces attack "speed"

- you cant escape it,

suggestions

reduce his attack speed

give teleport a cool down

a bit lazy now so will refine this later

Shadow is one of the weakest AA carries when it comes to late game. He is countered so hard and so easily. Shrapnel cloak completely decimates him in team fights. Electric Mantle will stun him long enough such that he can be CCed and Burst down. Moreover, Stepping strikes can often be a liability for shadow. as It can put him in bad positions. Stepping strikes is a good chasing mechanism and good in 1v1 situations. THing is, this is a team game. Learn to coordinate with your teammates.

Don't Let him engage you :O, or start playing heroes that don't require AA to own everything (meaning you have to aim and try to avoid him, instead of just charging in.) I do have to say that the stepping strikes is fairly effective vs grunty (his Q since 70% grunty's Q misses).

dafuq?

grunty owns shadow , grunty's passive true damage negates armor and his push back from the q and the stun from rocket , all just lock shadow down

Shadow is one of the weakest AA carries when it comes to late game. He is countered so hard and so easily. Shrapnel cloak completely decimates him in team fights. Electric Mantle will stun him long enough such that he can be CCed and Burst down. Moreover, Stepping strikes can often be a liability for shadow. as It can put him in bad positions. Stepping strikes is a good chasing mechanism and good in 1v1 situations. THing is, this is a team game. Learn to coordinate with your teammates.

Hahaha, yah if Shadow charges into a teamfight rambo style he can be countered hard and easily, but then again so can any hero. And shrapnel cloak, though a very good anti-AA item, only works against Shadow players the build him squishy with only leech for sustain and don't know how to use his skills in a technical manner.

Hahaha, yah if Shadow charges into a teamfight rambo style he can be countered hard and easily, but then again so can any hero. And shrapnel cloak, though a very good anti-AA item, only works against Shadow players the build him squishy with only leech for sustain and don't know how to use his skills in a technical manner.

*facepalm*

A good shadow wont rambo into team fights. A good support wont shrapnel until the shadow is in the team fight. Your point is dumb and moot. Shrapnel is one of the best ways to counter a shadow, and you really cant argue otherwise. Moreover, unless a shadow builds to be pure tank, which is retarded, he is going to get burst/focused down quickly when CCed properly regardless of build. Please keep in mind that no one builds AA carries in IH games without at least a FoE and a Darwins.

Shadow is a mid-early late game carry that relies on acquiring and pushing an early advantage. Among other things, the fact that he is not ranged makes him a weak carry in the late game.

It's called: Stepping Strikes and it is a skill passive NOT a hero passive.

He never said heroic passive in his post. He only said passive which is correct though a bit confusing given that he has multiple passives. Unless he edited his post b4 I read it so then I'll shut up but until then YOU shut up. :D

*facepalm*

A good shadow wont rambo into team fights. A good support wont shrapnel until the shadow is in the team fight. Your point is dumb and moot. Shrapnel is one of the best ways to counter a shadow, and you really cant argue otherwise. Moreover, unless a shadow builds to be pure tank, which is retarded, he is going to get burst/focused down quickly when CCed properly regardless of build. Please keep in mind that no one builds AA carries in IH games without at least a FoE and a Darwins.

Shadow is a mid-early late game carry that relies on acquiring and pushing an early advantage. Among other things, the fact that he is not ranged makes him a weak carry in the late game.

Not sure how you build him these days, but I never said pure tank. On top of that, while FoE might be an excellent item on some heroes it does not do much for Shadow who has no problem maintaining chase with stepping strikes and decent movement speed. And do you really think I care what you and the 10-12 other people who do IH games do with Shadow or any other AA carry, especially since IH games rarely make it past the 30 minute mark before you guys just quit and spend another 30 minutes or more setting up the next game.

Not sure how you build him these days, but I never said pure tank.

And so, like I said, a non pure tank shadow is still going to get burst down quickly when CCed properly...invalidating your point that shrapnel only works on squishy shadow builds. In fact, I'd claim that no other hero is countered more by this item than Shadow is.

On top of that, while FoE might be an excellent item on some heroes it does not do much for Shadow who has no problem maintaining chase with stepping strikes and decent movement speed.

FoE's utility extends well beyond its unique effect. Its an item any AA hero should consider for the survivability it offers.

And do you really think I care what you and the 10-12 other people who do IH games do with Shadow or any other AA carry, especially since IH games rarely make it past the 30 minute mark before you guys just quit and spend another 30 minutes or more setting up the next game.

I know you dont give a shap about what we do....just like you dont give a shap about truth or reason. THe point was we have meaningful information about how well shrapnel counters shadow. The rest of your comment further exposes you as the ignorant and dishonest child that you are. You continue to just make up shap to slander a group of people you have absolutely no knowledge or understanding of. I mean....how insecure are you? I have never, in all of my time on internet forums, experienced someone as blatantly unscrupulous as you. Never. If.....if for some reason you actually believe the lies you spew.....then your problems are actually much more profound.

Why dont you take a step back for once Owl. Reexamine your approach to things. You've always been considered a bitter malcontent, but now you are proving to be the posterboy for pure ignorance. Do you enjoy these labels? Do you enjoy being widely thought of in this way? Do you not have any self respect? Do yourself a favour and end this pathetic crusade.

Shrapnel, barbed, executioners axe = Shadow suicides no matter when he comes in, so basically you're banking on the fact that your caster can weaken their team just enough for you to cleanup at the highest level which is pretty hard. In LoL we call shadow master yi and he has the same problem in that he's the best cleanup and the best at backdooring (sorry tyndamere players but hes just too slow!). Owl vs peas part 97! Fight! You guys should totally get a 5v5 going.... aram ofc.

Nou

Also it's not passive at the start .GG.

1). I have no idea what nou means so I can't respond to this.

2). Whether or not it is available at the start is irreverent to whether or not it's a passive...I don't see how this relates unless your saying that's justification that it's balanced...

Shrapnel, barbed, executioners axe = Shadow suicides no matter when he comes in, so basically you're banking on the fact that your caster can weaken their team just enough for you to cleanup at the highest level which is pretty hard. In LoL we call shadow master yi and he has the same problem in that he's the best cleanup and the best at backdooring (sorry tyndamere players but hes just too slow!). Owl vs peas part 97! Fight! You guys should totally get a 5v5 going.... aram ofc.

Yah you are totally right. That is why I go:

Superheated Mantle

Pyre

Sliptyde Scythe

Carapace

Barbed

Electric Mantle

With ihan thrown in there you get 4k health and 68 armor end game which means enemies attacking you take 2-3 times more damage from their own physical damage than they do to you thanks to barbed. You also have 53% spell resist in battle which negates a lot of the damage barbed does to you on enemy heroes (you get 20% from electric mantle or parallax if there is a rory and 33% from the base spell resist and passive spell resist of sliptyde). And you do decent physical damage but quality spell damage from pyre and sliptyde and superheated (it adds up). Far superior build to lifesteal builds on Shadow right now because of how certain items counter lifesteal builds extremely well now. In some ways I will have to agree with Peas on Shadow not being the strongest AA carry right now, but as I have found with this build you can still do very well if you build him differently. I have lifesteal builds and pure AA builds for Shadow as well, but they seem very ineffective as of late compared to this one (which nobody seems to understand in game when they see my items yet I still get plenty of kills, tank for my team, and don't die much).

And you do it all in pubs which means u have 2-3 noobs to feed on early. Stating a build that "works" in pubs means nothing. Any decent player can build pretty much any hero however they like and still do well in pubs. In-house is a different ball game and anyone who thinks otherwise is short-sighted and kidding themselves. There is no real comparison here. If you want to validate your opinions you need to prove it in in-house otherwise your thoughts will always fall on deaf ears. That said, IMO that build is hilariously bad and would not work in a real competitive game, but feel free to come on mumble and prove us wrong. Or you can setup a pubhouse vs a mumble team. Your choice.

Adjective: Accepting or allowing what happens or what others do, without active response or resistance.

1). I have no idea what nou means so I can't respond to this.

2). Whether or not it is available at the start is irreverent to whether or not it's a passive...I don't see how this relates unless your saying that's justification that it's balanced...

It's not a passive, if it's not there.

And you do it all in pubs which means u have 2-3 noobs to feed on early. Stating a build that "works" in pubs means nothing. Any decent player can build pretty much any hero however they like and still do well in pubs. In-house is a different ball game and anyone who thinks otherwise is short-sighted and kidding themselves. There is no real comparison here. If you want to validate your opinions you need to prove it in in-house otherwise your thoughts will always fall on deaf ears. That said, IMO that build is hilariously bad and would not work in a real competitive game, but feel free to come on mumble and prove us wrong. Or you can setup a pubhouse vs a mumble team. Your choice.

It's people like you that give IH's the bad name of "elitist jerks", seriously, i would love to see owl walk over you with your "we ih's are gawd" attitude & his noob build! Hahaha, i can almost see the humiliation now... you make me think that you're one of those folks that stand right at the back of a team fight... last to arrive but first to leave. But hey, who am i to judge!?