Leech + True Damage

Itsthatguy

I noticed something.

But before i label them i must ask.

1) Do critical strikes deal Physical Damage now

2) Does ALL true damage now leech off of leech? (Some Lifesteal works on True damage)

I noticed that mutiple true damage abilities work with leech., Nova's Intent crit strikes work with leech now, Grunty's passive works with leech. Doesn't really seem balanced, but it would be nice for an exclaimation. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or a balance issue. Oh well.

-I did a test, and wrote a little on 2nd post (third one so far)

if its doing physical damage yes it should worth with the physical leech items but true damage as far as ive known should not leech off physical leech items.

I just did a quick test, Life steal does not work on True damage, but does work on crit strikes (meannig crits are physical now?), I look back of when i played grunty, I'm not sure if his passive actually proced the lifesteal, i remembered that i had a incrediably high crit chance rate (70%) which may of proced it. Altho, lifesteal recieves a buff from this crit damage, but crit damage itself (damage wise) is worst? (it still seems like its a lot even with high armor).

when u crit the weapon damage is still physical only the 30% crit bonus is true damage

Crit strike true damage is about .01 second delay, because of this, the Lifesteal doesn't add up. You will actually get two seperate +Hp thingys. (Hence, 1 attack will grant u maybe 50 hp from normal attack, and crit will also grant an additional 27 hp. You will have 50//and 27 appear at the exact same time.

(I.E., Nova at level 1 will lifesteal about 20 per hit, with intent on, she will then heal 20 hp and 7 hp at the exact same time (7 hp coming from crit).

if this was true, I would never die as crit-build rog. Yet I do die.

I cannot explain to you what the numbers you are seeing are caused by, but when my level 18 crit build rog hits for a crit of 600 and deals his full base damage to boot, I have never jumped up a thousand hp even though I am near 100% leech (passive plus darwin)

Crits still appear to be true damage (otherwise nova would one shot herself on barbed, which she doesnt) and they do not appear to actually proc with leech...at least not the same way they do with the base attack.

Possible that the leech itself crits for +30% just like the base attack did. That would make sense, actually, since you say the numbers you saw were 20 and 7, 7 being roughly 30% of 20.

So your real discovery isthat leech can crit. The question is now, is that a bad thing?

Hell, its no worse than the leech itself, so I'll say no it isn't a bad thing.

if this was true, I would never die as crit-build rog. Yet I do die.

I cannot explain to you what the numbers you are seeing are caused by, but when my level 18 crit build rog hits for a crit of 600 and deals his full base damage to boot, I have never jumped up a thousand hp even though I am near 100% leech (passive plus darwin)

Crits still appear to be true damage (otherwise nova would one shot herself on barbed, which she doesnt) and they do not appear to actually proc with leech...at least not the same way they do with the base attack.

Possible that the leech itself crits for +30% just like the base attack did. That would make sense, actually, since you say the numbers you saw were 20 and 7, 7 being roughly 30% of 20.

So your real discovery isthat leech can crit. The question is now, is that a bad thing?

Hell, its no worse than the leech itself, so I'll say no it isn't a bad thing.

If that were true, then it would make leech even stronger, since you restore an extra 30% of your currently life steal (more if khali) while still doing true damage. (I'm not sure how to explain...)

one of the reasons it might seem like crits are leeching is that leech gives u back health equal to a % of your weapon dmg not the actual dmg u do to the other hero.

But thats not the only sign. That doesn't explain why, when you attack and get a crit. it considers as two seperate attacks. (Hence why you have a +20 hp sign and a +7Hp sign both come back nearly the exact same time.) It is a very easy thing to test. (It works on all i believe, worked on boros, nova, even Dustin brawler.) Similar effect towards balrog's passive, how it does the exact same thing

Interesting.

So leech healing is applied to the target as Physical Damage again?

Did you test to make sure it's not just popping up the "you healed" fct and you actually aren't healing [fct can be buggy]?

Nope i haven't, but it could be a possibility.

-Edit- I did a test (again), and with crit strikes, i was healing nearly nearly +70% more (it was weird, and i had same base damage, only difference was just crit). (vs daggoth was healing 48 hp. With crit, it went up to 76 hp) (And i didn't use balrog or the leech results would be inaccurate from passive).

Edited by Itsthatguy

Criticals do physical damage now. I've tested my self with friends. We went test mode, I picked boros and builded him over critical chance and damage, he went some AGI char and stack huge amount of armor (almost 90 - about 88% physical resistance). Each crit do literally nothing to him while I get a lot of damage because of Barbed (I think Barbed reflect only weapon damage, not criticals as it work before mitigation anyway).

Nope i haven't, but it could be a possibility.

-Edit- I did a test (again), and with crit strikes, i was healing nearly nearly +70% more (it was weird, and i had same base damage, only difference was just crit). (vs daggoth was healing 48 hp. With crit, it went up to 76 hp) (And i didn't use balrog or the leech results would be inaccurate from passive).

are u sure it wasn't tooltip error? U checked out how much exactly u get healed or your post is based on what u saw in tooltips?

Can we get a confirmation on tis from one of the folks in the know?

The last I read was that crits doing physical was in beta only...is this live now?

If so, is it believe that leech will still be -ok- like this? Or is there a change to leech in the works to go with it?

I already set a message to Adamantium to comfirm or disprove this ty