Changing talents during the first part of the game

nightShadow

Would it be possible to allow people to change their talents after selecting their hero? It's annoying when you go to select you hero and someone takes him just a second before you, or you select and different hero and just plum forget to change talents. I just played a game with Drake with talents meant for Shadow :(

It's would be nice to be able to change up to the 2 min mark.

Thanks for your consideration.

I like this suggestion. It could probably be implemented by allowing players to type -reset. This command would then function like typing -hero X when you are already X. To prevent it from being abusable you could make it only work if inside the pool and only until 2 minutes into the game.

I'm not sure if providing a Reset option for your talents would be good. As Quistmann said, people would abuse Wealth. There's more potential exploits too, and adding restrictions to prevent them all won't be worth the time. Someone raised the idea of adding the "Are You Sure" button, and we object to that because it irritates players who feel that they know what they're doing already. The only effective solution so far is by adding more time in Hero Select; it should alleviate the talent issue and, more importantly, give them more time to read & think about their Hero picks.

Off-topic: I'm very eager to see the Vote-Kick option implemented.