Character Balance Discussion Pubs&IH

lOvOl

@itsthatguy

If you get many kills with brine (more than carry) you are doing it wrong. Brine is tank/support, you mustn't get kills with him.

Huh? I get tons of kills when I play Brine by simply getting a BHM on him and then ramping up his weapon damage with strength items and utility items that add to his weapon damage and end up pretty tanky as well. He can do a lot of burst damage if built right and being able to have a free stun on hand to cancel out anything that channels in the game makes him very good at owning AA heroes.

Huh? I get tons of kills when I play Brine by simply getting a BHM on him and then ramping up his weapon damage with strength items and utility items that add to his weapon damage and end up pretty tanky as well. He can do a lot of burst damage if built right and being able to have a free stun on hand to cancel out anything that channels in the game makes him very good at owning AA heroes.

Thats not the build I go, but i can see how that would be fairly effective.

And why -shouldn't- a tank get some kills??

How is it taking away from the team to finish someone off?

Especially with the new increased mineral return from assists, it isn't like you are preventing your team from getting geared, you ARE gearing faster yourself, and it ensures the kill rather than risking the fellow escaping.

A kill is good for the team, no matter who makes it.

A kill is good for the team, but certain heros rate higher on the priority list for who should be getting the kills optimally. For example Rory getting a kill? wtfc rory doesnt need the minerals to do his job but a shadow thats not getting the kills is going to be increasingly innefective while rory maintains his effectiveness. (for an example)

And why -shouldn't- a tank get some kills??

How is it taking away from the team to finish someone off?

Especially with the new increased mineral return from assists, it isn't like you are preventing your team from getting geared, you ARE gearing faster yourself, and it ensures the kill rather than risking the fellow escaping.

A kill is good for the team, no matter who makes it.

most tanks are naturally tanky, a tank isnt meant to deal damage but to take damage, brine all ready has a epic passive skill that gives him what is it 21 % physical and spell resist? then his w heals him for 300 health + 150% int health? , all the items brine needs to be effect is move speed and mana, and two tier 2 tiems do this, silver soul and guardian steel, So if brine is KS the kills that he most defiantly earned by initiating a fight, is not letting the Carry do its job, the carry needs the kills brine cant fight he is a tank support initiator, his ult does do some burst dmg but nothing really combos with it for a kill, Same logic with micro, a micro has no burst damage for a kill, his job is to initiate and to take certain heroes on the other team out of the game , i.e there dps carry " nova zergling tosh"

and hero kills give like 400+ minerals, AOS is not a pissing contest about who has the most kills, heroes have roles and some heroes role is not to get kills but to give a crutch for the heroes who are meant to get the kills its a team game its poor game play for support heroes to take from the carries,

Another issue with this is, a brine and a nova are in the same lane on first wave and they go for the neutrals, the brines / micro/ drake/ job is to tank the damage from the neutrals and damage them but let the nova / tosh/ zergling, darpa grunty, get the last hits on all 3 creeps

supports are what the name says supports

I understand perfectly well what a support is for, and I tend to play tanks a lot.

Often times my score is something like 8-7-20 or what have you. Thats fine.

I tank neutrals, I innitiate fights, hell I die to ensure that my partner escapes, especially if they are carrying snowball items such as manifest. I also carry the potions, using them on both myself and my ally. Thats my job.

But are you guys honestly saying that I shouldn't have made the few kills I do get? Again, I am not KS'ing whenever possible, I am not trying to be the killer, but if I see an opponent that has eaten your burst and most of your abilities and is on the run, you better believe I'll take the shot to make the kill if I can. IS that honestly wrong?

I understand that you want your carry getting most kills, and that the tanks shouldn't be hunters. Thats fine. I am seeking clarity on your position though: do you really think the ideal tank would be k/d/a of 0/0/1+ or do you recongnize that sometimes the tank is also the one who finishes the fight?

Thanks for clarity. That I can agree with.

I thought you were talking like the Zera I played wit today, who was furious that as Balrog I would leap at characters that survived his bubble. I usually finished them. He was quite angry and claimed taht he would have been already fully geared if not for me, but I found that in those early engagements, he wasn't gettign the kills.

Amusingly enough, it became irrelevant once the cyprus on ourteam got going, and slaughtered all.

back to the point though: you are right. Building a tank for kills is a troll worthy build that can be quite fun but isn't the best way to win a competitve game.

Thanks for clarity. That I can agree with.

I thought you were talking like the Zera I played wit today, who was furious that as Balrog I would leap at characters that survived his bubble. I usually finished them. He was quite angry and claimed taht he would have been already fully geared if not for me, but I found that in those early engagements, he wasn't gettign the kills.

Amusingly enough, it became irrelevant once the cyprus on ourteam got going, and slaughtered all.

back to the point though: you are right. Building a tank for kills is a troll worthy build that can be quite fun but isn't the best way to win a competitve game.

Balrog's role is to be able to get those kills though, since getting kills comes naturally with damage, and Balrog is tanky DPS.

Balrog is pretty hilarious late-game because he can take on pretty much any AGI hero 1v1 thanks to having more health and crits just generally doing lots of True damage.

True, but when playing support in general I get raged at often and don't understand why.

As Rory, they rage when molly or stevie finsihes "their kill"

As unix, I get yelled at when fungal or neural gets the last laugh

As tychus, if I fire a boom shot or my AA finishes it.

As Lord Z, if the ring or my AA finishes it

As rog if the pounce/shriek finishes them

etc

What I don't understand is the rage directed at me from a surprising number of Pub AA's during group fights. If its three on three or whatever and the tank happens to finish a kill...so what? The fight was won, that is what matters. Yet so many seem to think that if they are an AGI AA they somehow deserve the kills...that is the mindset I was arguing against.

True, but when playing support in general I get raged at often and don't understand why.

etc

What I don't understand is the rage directed at me from a surprising number of Pub AA's during group fights. If its three on three or whatever and the tank happens to finish a kill...so what? The fight was won, that is what matters. Yet so many seem to think that if they are an AGI AA they somehow deserve the kills...that is the mindset I was arguing against.

I will give you a clue: Don't listen to pubstars/pubnoobs/inh players trolling you in pubs.

p.s. ks = kill secured

etc

In a perfect team setting you want your aa carry to get all the kills so they can carry you as kills do grant more money than assists(not by much but it is more). That being said it while it is better for your aa carry to get the kills it is also better for someone to get the kill than nobody. unless you are purposely waiting for the last hit to "Secure that kill" i dont see a problem if the tank/support getting kills, its going to happen. Often times in a game the tanks/supports/casters will get more kills early game and the carry will get the assists and late game that will flip-flop