Bring Back Spell Leech

Edge

I think recent patches have made made tanks and agility casters a lot stronger, but hasn't done that much for the casters. Since the majority of the AA's are now doing crit/leech builds I thought it might be about time to reintroduce spell leech to give the int heroes a way to keep up

Problem with physical leech is in fact that it is calculated before mitigation. In other words leech doesn't see physical resistance. So it is literally leech from weapon damage instead damage dealt. That means there is only one counter to leech - Executioner Axe. So the best way to fix leech is to change the way it works like it used to be long time ago. Lack of spell leech is good thing as it is very hard to balance on specific heroes like Erekul or Vergil

Saying Executioner's Axe is the only counter to leech is just not true. Like you said leech is based off weapon damage, so stun's, slow's, and decreasing weapon damage/attack are all counters. In the same way, stuns and silences can shut down a caster's spell leech.

In my opinion, I wouldn't mind there to be a Spell Leech item, But make it special, meaning, giving it only like +8% Spell Leech (not entirely alot and not stackable) and make it a unique, or a item, that could be used by any hero.

Maybe:

+30 Str

+30 Agi

+30 Int

+15% Lifesteal

[unique] +8% Spell Leech

Of course if the spell leech is way to much for you, just get an executioner axe to help counter.

Instead of adding Spell Leech; why don't we make an item that has this effect:

[unique] 10% of your Spell Damage is also done as Physical Damage.

Then we can have Spell Leech [as in leech from spells] but have the general damage not increase much [since leech happens before resistances are taken into account].

Instead of adding Spell Leech; why don't we make an item that has this effect:

[unique] 10% of your Spell Damage is also done as Physical Damage.

Then we can have Spell Leech [as in leech from spells] but have the general damage not increase much [since leech happens before resistances are taken into account].

For the most part 10% of that spell would be weaker since armor is so effective.

@OP

Casters are not meant to keep up with AA heroes. The majority of AA heroes are carries, which are meant to be better late game. Casters as of right now are very powerful. Buffing them would not be ideal and is not necessary.

For the most part 10% of that spell would be weaker since armor is so effective.

What do you mean by this? =X I said that it won't increase the damage output much [which is true because of armor being effective] and leech happens before resistances so I don't get why this is said-- did I miss something?

Explanation, if you please; I guess is what I ask.

You could attempt to make a Spell Caster item of pyre.

[unique] Spell damage dealing damage above 50 will deal 5% the enemy's Max hp as physical damage (Doesn't stack with pyre) Maximum of 125 vs non-heroics.

The reason i stated 50 spell damage, and not All spell damage, is to prevent it from ticking every .2 seconds for Over time damage.

Also, I had the spell damage low to prevent issues with gravity edge, since if it was 100 spell damage to proc, and you deal 100 spell damage, but have gravity edge, you would only deal 65 spell damage, thus not procing item because other item.

The main problem with spell leech was the heroes with AoE spells. They could easily heal massive amounts in a creep wave or team fight. If there was a way to institute spell only leeching from a single target, then maybe. Otherwise heroes like Virgil become ridiculous again.

The main problem with spell leech was the heroes with AoE spells. They could easily heal massive amounts in a creep wave or team fight. If there was a way to institute spell only leeching from a single target, then maybe. Otherwise heroes like Virgil become ridiculous again.

Yes, true but if you limit the amount of spell leech you can do, say 8% only (Provide an item with a unique with spell leech and low amount, with low stats on them say 30ish for all stats so any hero can choose to get it), dealing 10000 damage in an AoE (Must be super int then xD) would only grant 800 hp (Life tech, and eternal drive can deal more than this easily), while an AA can easily heal that much from spawn. They still heal 250 hp (500 hp) per .45 seconds and at that rate, they will deal actually more than a person dealing massive AoE damage per second, and with this, there is no cooldown on an AA, since you can fire at any time. It makes any AA able to heal super easily, while casters have to be completely rely on pure damage, to even try to kill the person before they heal instantly. Yes spell leech was a problem before, but that was because the % it gave back was about 20%, and stackable. And again, Executioner axe would solve the problem if the 8% leech really proves to be that big of a problem. Note: that if you get 8% leech, you will have to forfeit Gravity Edge, meaning that Spell resistance is a perfect counter towards Spell leech, and if they got gravity edge, the item wouldn't be useful since it grants low int (30ish) and your reducing the effects. Getting gravity edge will reduce all spell leech by 35%. It would only then grant 5.2% Spell leech. (of course argus and yamato can boost effects but with the buffs on, it reverts towards 7.8% Spell leech (nearly same).

Why not just give the leech talent 5% spell leech as well its not making other caster heros heal much but its enought to get them by, as for aa here caster with the rite build for the most part depends on what hero as well can kill aa heros out rite,

Or change spell leech to so when u use power u heal a % off the power used so say 5% off 100 powe for that skill usd an just make it the talentl leech only gives it.

Or they could always bring back the Resantor that heal power an heal based off what used miss that item was good on drake.

Why not just give the leech talent 5% spell leech as well its not making other caster heros heal much but its enought to get them by, as for aa here caster with the rite build for the most part depends on what hero as well can kill aa heros out rite,

Or change spell leech to so when u use power u heal a % off the power used so say 5% off 100 powe for that skill usd an just make it the talentl leech only gives it.

Or they could always bring back the Resantor that heal power an heal based off what used miss that item was good on drake.

It would be to strong a talent. 5% spell leech is about equal towards 20% of Physical Leech. (If AoE). Just guessing. But spell leech on talent would seem to powerful.