Vergil Nerazim 1.55 Patch!

Deathnever

Mohandar_SC2_Head1.gif

Guide for Vergil Nerazim

Patch 1.55

Overview

Vergil Nerazim takes his model from the brotoss dark zealot. and his portrait from Mohandar I believe. Being an agility character with ridiculous amounts of spell damage I feel like this character is a great all round character capable of any and every role given to him without any issue. All his skills work really well with one another leaving no awkward gaps and allowing him to steam roll teams, games and all.

I will try and expand as much as i can on the many different styles of ways he can be played, but if there is anything that i miss i will continue and add to this as much as possible to make sure its as informative as possible.

Talents

In my opinion, i find getting the teleport talent is the best and most effective way of not wasting any talents in your talent tree.

Haste, is unnecessary since you have a blink and your passive skill(see section below) will allow you to escape without issues.

Fortify, i dont think its appropriate for him.

Any of the second tier talents i find don't work well with his skills and abilities i find that the teleport talent gives him so much utility around the map with his nuking potential allowing him to pin entire teams to the safety of their towers and bases.

The talents i choose are

Offense

Nothing

Defense

Vigor, (Integrity OR Discipline)

Utility

Prodigy, Brilliance, Swiftness, Transport

If i feel like i should be going more melee oriented in the game i would generally swap out integrity and fury with one another

Offense

Fury

Defense

Vigor,

Utility

Prodigy, Brilliance, Swiftness, Transport

Passive

When Vergil reaches below 30% health he gains 20% time, which includes movement time scale, attack speed etc.

now, vergils passive is a very intresting thing. I find that its the best thing to set up a trap, if you are laning middle against most opponents you can bait like no tomorrow with that passive skill, It also allows you to stay in team fights longer since you have the movement speed to avoid being hit.

Although, its also great for escaping so if you are an inexperienced player, take heed by your burst of speed, and get your ass outa there!

Note: Ingame it says

When Mohandar reaches below 30% health, he gains 20% time.

I think thats a typo that should say Vergil.

Skills

Q Skill

Slash at target location, deals 65/110/155/200(+30%int) Spell damage Storing up to 3 charges.

W Skill

Units damaged by vergil lose weapon damage 20/30/40/50% for 3 seconds,

note this only works with spells and attacks. not items.

E Skill

Vergil blinks to target location, and gains 100% evasion for 1.4/1.8/2.2/2.6 seconds.

R Skill

Vergil disappears for 0.7 seconds and reappears at target location, unleashing 10 judgment slashes between start and end point. each hero can be slashed up to a maximum of 3 times dealing 150/210/270(+40%int) spell damage

Y skill

Stats

I usually choose to level my stats like this

Q E Q W Q R Q W W W R E E E Y Y

I'm pretty sure, that this would be the best way to level your skills other than if someone might prefer to level W before getting Q again at level 3, but that is preference and shouldn't really matter, depending on mana sometimes i will take W over Q at lvl 3 so i can use another slash instead of the 10more mana cost, but i wouldnt suggest maxing E before your W in any situation.

Items

Now, choosing your items as vergil really depend on the way your going to play him. there will be several sections in this varying in different builds on how i feel he should be played for his many different roles.

Starting item

:DuransPendant:

Durans pendant, in my opinion is the best pick up for vergil, durans pendent is always a great pick up on any hero early on the mana regen early on really helps with early mana problems and with your talent of mana regen, mana should never be an issue early on so you can consistently harass, farm and use your mana without fear of too low.

Core Items

at any given point in the game vergil is strong and deadly enough to dominate his lane, and his opponents. he is not a character that needs to level and wait for kills he can activly seek out his kills and tower dive whenever he wants thanks to his passive and e skill. so, you need to choose some items that can express your style of gameplay. Here is the usual build i do in pubs.

:SuperheatedMantle::OcelotsRevolver::IsomorphicPyre::YamatoReactor::ShrapnelCloak::BlackHoleMagnum:

Now, I know im going to receive flak from a plethora of players for the choices in this build due to the odd nature of it, but with the super heated mantle early on you can tower dive, although it isnt as powerful as it was before, it still is a very great tool for farming/towerdiving/cloaked units and lane presence, nerazim, now can out melee many melee heroes with his passive and the mantle giving him that consistent spell damage output.

The ocelot revolver, really works well with your Q since it carries 3 charges and gives your revolver a good amount of use and effeciency in the build

I like taking a pyre because it usually helps with the damage output of my auto attacks. vergils skills do enough damage with the consistent spamability that is inherently part of their design. so, giving vergil a superior melee potential just allows for him to become a powerhouse of a character.

An alternative route, for a build would be a straight intelligence build, again mantle is optional, i personally find it just works well with vergil and his skills.

A more intelligence build would go like

:NitrogenRetrofit::TwinParadoxIsolator: (Gravity Edge) :ArgusCrystal::MossbergTaser:

gravity edge doesnt seem to have a graphic there.

Also note this build is very glasses cannon oriented. if i do int I prefer glass cannons. BUT, you can always opt for a mantle for survivability, or you could do something along these lines

:NitrogenRetrofit::Nullifier::TwinParadoxIsolator::ShrapnelCloak: (grav edge) :ArgusCrystal:

and usually the last item is whatever you like, the tazer is interachangable with a shrapnel/anything really once you have your core intelligence items, you can really grab mostly anything you like that the other team will need to defeat other heroes.

One other way i really like to play Nerazim is a true utility character that helps his team and has a great team role and allows him to have a big part during team fights with his supportability.

:SuperheatedMantle::SchrodingersLockbox::NitrogenRetrofit::ShrapnelCloak: (gravity edge)(shrink ray)

Shrink ray also graphic also doesn't seem to be there.

Although, this build is fun and has great team presence, your shrondingers lock box will eventually

need to be swapped out.

Substitutions

Below are some items that really work well with vergil and should be considered when choosing items for him sometimes or if you would like to give a different style of play a shot.

:YamatoReactor::ArcboundRavager::KhaliBlade::TimeSplitter::PhaseCloak: (lethal barb)(Stars fury) :SunflareGun:

The critical items are for a more melee oriented build, which i only suggest for more advanced

players. Vergil has some great melee potential with his ability to have evasion for 2.6 and a passive that naturally reduces the weapon damage of those who are damaged by you by 50%.

I left the last item open in most of the builds, due to the fact you should always be changing your items to counter the opponent heroes and items, so the last item is there for your discretion.

Suggestions and Tips

Vergil is well suited to handle any lane at any capacity, but i feel he thrives best in the middle lane to farm on his own and get that early first item.

When your health is below 30% it is a great tool to bait your opponent who is near death into 3 judgment cuts and killing them within a matter of a couple of seconds, becareful of characters that have instant popping skills (i.e. Cyprus, Erekul, Boros, etc) Anything else can be easily dodged with the increase in speed and use of teleport.

Using your E effectively will make the difference between dieing 100 times and never dieing at all. many of skills can be dodged. If you teleport right after raynor fires his ult, it will not hit you. If you teleport after Cain releases his rockets, you can teleport and dodge those as well.

Sometimes teleporting behind your opponents team with E and using your R to escape is a great initiation tool sometimes setting up you up for a ludacris kill.

choose who you attack, and ensure that you are maximizing your W's -50%weapon damage to those who are damaged by you, it can make the difference between winning and losing team fights.

Don't be afraid to use your Q to farm and harass, its necessary for you to farm fast and get lots ofkills, with some well timed auto attacks and Q's you can kill entire waves together maximizing farm time and maximizing mineral gain.

TLDR VERSION: Vergil very versatile.

I know, theres going to be alot of people posting here that my items are completely rediculous for many situations, but vergil is so versatile i feel that many builds could potentially work for him, so please keep the criticism constructive and lets make sure we get the best builds going. If you disagree with my opinions and my reasons then i please ask you to leave a reason.

Also, if people like this build, and want me to make another one. just post up that you would like me to post more and i will.

Thanks,

Deathnever.

SC2 Character name: Awesome

I don't really see the point with playing him more as dps as he have no ability to stack to the target. Just not sure why u prefer do some damage to single target instead doing serious damage to entire team. Vergil played as caster is a beast mid-late game. However very late game his effectiveness drops. I don't see a point with playing him as support either. I don't mind to get one or two situational items, but besides u should stick to some core build which allows u to fulfill your role better. For example Rory or Egon doesn't need items to be effective even late game. So he can (should) be played as full support as it give your team better profit. But u can't say the same about Vergil.

I don't really see the point with playing him more as dps as he have no ability to stack to the target. Just not sure why u prefer do some damage to single target instead doing serious damage to entire team. Vergil played as caster is a beast mid-late game. However very late game his effectiveness drops. I don't see a point with playing him as support either. I don't mind to get one or two situational items, but besides u should stick to some core build which allows u to fulfill your role better. For example Rory or Egon doesn't need items to be effective even late game. So he can (should) be played as full support as it give your team better profit. But u can't say the same about Vergil.

where i do agree he has potential to rape teams with his spell damage, any team with half its mind would have some decent spell resistance, and tank ability to take your skills on for a bit in the late game. I personally would rather build my character to a hybrid which would set me up for an easier transition into the late game.

Where you see no ability to stack to the target, i see a maximized potential of black hole magnum or Stars fury being used and unleashed on his opponents, Yes, he is not the same as a shadow in the sense that he will walk from opponent to opponent attacking, leaching, and killing. spamming your Q 3 times in a row isnt necessary since it carries charges, you can wait for the right time so you can maximize your strikes, so in between strikes you should be auto attacking their characters and using your ult once your in the center of combat to escape and landing your last few q attacks to finish the fight, leaving you with your E to chase opponents and finish them with your dominating attack power, especially with your passive at the end of a team fight, when all opponents are low on health, the increase time scale, movement and attack speed can help you chase down and finish off those tanky heroes that always escape with low health.

On the fact of the support vergil, i also feel like he could replace a teams support if necessary and still be effective with his maneuverability and passives he can be a great tool to pinning your opponents and disarming them, especially with his E and r combo he can E into a team combat pop his shrapnel, and then continue on his way, later on he would obviously, as i stated you might have to trade in your items and replace them for a more appropriate item for that situation.

Dps Vergil can work on pubs, but in ih... lol. You need his burst spell damage to take down 50% (or more) of an entire team, compared to other agility heros, he cant do much as dps even with his W. As caster he is the perfect counter to that weak agi heros like nova, vespus, darpa. shadow.

Vergil can do much for a team just using his ulti with a good positioning.

My build is basically:

Pendant - Blue Gene - Argus - Gravity Edge - Ihan - Retrofit - sell Pendant - Yamato - sell Ihan - Star's Fury - sell (or just drop) Blue gene (max stacked) - Last item you want (you can also buy this situational item after selling ihan).

You end up with a decent amount of HP and a huge huge amount of INT, using ulti with Yamato active is just devastating.

Dps Vergil can work on pubs, but in ih... lol. You need his burst spell damage to take down 50% (or more) of an entire team, compared to other agility heros, he cant do much as dps even with his W. As caster he is the perfect counter to that weak agi heros like nova, vespus, darpa. shadow.

Vergil can do much for a team just using his ulti with a good positioning.

My build is basically:

Pendant - Blue Gene - Argus - Gravity Edge - Ihan - Retrofit - sell Pendant - Yamato - sell Ihan - Star's Fury - sell (or just drop) Blue gene (max stacked) - Last item you want (you can also buy this situational item after selling ihan).

You end up with a decent amount of HP and a huge huge amount of INT, using ulti with Yamato active is just devastating.

Please, dont think that the builds i have chosen are all set out to work for any situation, the situations that they work in are what i posted, "Here is the usual build i do in pubs." is what i said. clearly this build is flawed for an inhouse, but i find that in my inhouse games, my builds are almost never near close to one another, there are so many items and so many characters that can not be taken into account within a guide, and they truly need to be decided within game.

I do agree, that ihan and blue gene are great pick ups, I like to keep bluegene, and items of the like out of my guides, although its strong and valuable some people are just not good enough to be using it at its full capacity, so i chose to keep it out.

Ulti with Yamato is op, i agree. I personally never liked Japanese battleships in design, so i dont like to use it out of principle, but dont let that stop you its a great item.

I would also like to hear your guys opinions on the build and if you guys would like me to make more.

Even in pubs I feel an int build is better then a dps build. Most people go glass cannon agi carries, which an int vergil will crush. Also, he is outcarried by most other chars who go dps, even with his passive. I do like the guide though with the different builds you suggest. Also, if you want to please the iher's who complain about how that build won't work in an ih, put PUBS ONLY at the top lol.

Even in pubs I feel an int build is better then a dps build. Most people go glass cannon agi carries, which an int vergil will crush. Also, he is outcarried by most other chars who go dps, even with his passive. I do like the guide though with the different builds you suggest. Also, if you want to please the iher's who complain about how that build won't work in an ih, put PUBS ONLY at the top lol.

I debated doing a quick build, which was talents, skills items with almost no writing other than the mandatory. But, i figured it was

against the best interest of the players who wish to learn. People tend to get anxious and can't wait to play, so if there was a quick guide they would probably just use that instead of reading it. Hopefully, i made it interesting and informative enough that it draws people in to read the guide, and actually get people to be better players.

Rather than BHM you could go Star Fury and INT to maintain that powerful every-so-often attacks while now allowing your ultimate to mow down many heroes from full to under 1/4 hp and finish with Q/a powered attack.

Argus will have your Star Fury proc doing 120% INT on attack, while also beefing everything up.

Your builds are interesting, but some of them have item choices that make me go "...what?"

Vergil has powerful dueling capacity, so I don't see why you'd go Critical build. Having powerful AA or Powerful Spells should be enough during engagements since you have that passive WD debuff which, once you pick your target, you can apply constantly.

I'm curious as to why none of your AA builds have Force of Entropy (which would greatly substitute your Shrapnel Cloak) due to its amazing HP buff and the passive slow that lets your AA debilitate enemy AA characters.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually like the idea for the core build - but I think it would be better to replace the Isomorphic Pyre with either Gravity Edge or Sunflare gun and the BHM with a Star's Fury to make it more effective. Also, if you turn the Ocelot's into the BHM, I'd recommend to fill the empty slot with either Gravity Edge or Nitrogen Retrofit.