Lord Zyrkhan 1.55 Patch!

Deathnever

Lord.zyrkhan.png

Lord.Zyrkhan

Guide for patch 1.55

special thanks rdunn

Overview

Lord Zyrkans model is taken after the brotoss zealot. Personally i feel that lord Zyrkhan can be one

of the hardest late game carries due to his long term tanking and damage potential. With his dominating

melee power, mean barriers, and usain bolt like speed, this beast of a char can wreck games.

Talents

Talents for zyrkhan can go two ways in my opinion, either the Haste route, Or, the defensive route with fortify.

Personally i prefer the Haste route since it allows for you to escape and chase anyone down, and with demigod your creep farm

will be easier than most heroes, i last hit with no problem and i can deny waves of creeps if i really wanted to.

For haste I choose the talents

Bloodthirsty, Prodigy, Fury, Swiftness, Demigod, Haste

Passive

Zyrkhan and allies nearby have 10% physical resis from his aura.

Skills

Q Skill

He gains Debuff immunity and Movement speed for 5 seconds 20/30/40/50% Movement speed increases.

W Skill

Zyrkhan summons a barrier around him for 4 seconds dealing damage to opponents around dealing 60/90/120/150(+30%int) Dmg per second

E Skill

Zyrkhan gains attack speed and physical resis per attack stacking up to 5 times 3/5/7/9% attack speed and physical resis per stack

R skill

Zyrkhan sacrifices his health, for some shields for him(175% health lost) and his teammates (125%health) around him sacrifices 15/20/25% health lasts 4/6/8 secs

Y Skill

Stats

I choose to level my stats like this usually

E W Q E E R E W Q W R Q W Q Y R Y Y

I like to use this skill style, because zyrkans W is weak titty damage compared to the amount of auto attack damage you can output in all points of the game

as a zyrkhan you need to be a real man and fight people with your fists and you will destroy all heroes.

Items

The item section, will have several different parts to it altogether.

Starting Items

:DuransBuckler: Duran's Buckler

I find Durans buckler for the Str/Life/Life regen that it seems to be too much to ignore. Its like having your cake, and eating it too.

now, depending on your talents if you take the life regen talent you can ignore the buckler and maybe get yourself a pendant, for

skill spam, pendant offers a ton of mana regen allowing you to use your prison a lot less conservatively. I personally like to follow it up

with a leeching saber afterwards so that you have that lifeleech to give you lane sustainability, a little bit of income and an easier time with neutrals.

Tea extract, I always like buying it gives you 10% damage and spell resis, along with 18str for 10minutes for 275, is a great cheap item if you die, or

had to heal and want to return to your lane with a little bit of a buff, Extracts/potions are always great ways to do that.

TL DR version, Buckler first, then Leeching saber. Tea extract if you want or have some extra money.

Core Items

Now, these items are your basic core to the character, The items you should get after durans buckler and leeching saber i put in order, but you can change them

as you see fit. I put several different types of builds depending on who you have to play against.

For pub games i usually go

:HandofMengsk::PulseHammer::IsomorphicPyre::ForceofEntropy::ElectricMantle::ArcboundRavager: The last item is whatever you like. It can be utility or like an offensive thing.

Sometimes a shrapnel cloak/Tazer/executioner axe or some other item might have to be purchased but thats on your own discretion.

Now, people might ask why the pulse hammer if the barrier makes running impossible, but once it transforms to FoE the weapon speed slow

is just mean for when you trap people in the barrier and they have to fight you to survive.

Substitutions

Also, some other items that work really well with Zyrkhan you might want to include or substitute in your build

:ParallaxGenerator::LightningRod::WarpShard::StunBaton::DarwinsMight::OrganicCarapace:

these items are great substitutions in the build, and zyrkan with a stun baton gets really dirty and mean when you barrier your opponents

and have some beast attack speed to whale on them. The warpshard is for telestomping opponents, by blinking on them barrier popping and destroying them

as they squirm inside your barrier of death and despair.

Suggestions and Tips

Laning, Zyrkhan can be laned in any lane i prefer to take him bottom though, the close tower allows for quick unexpected pulls into the tower with your barrier.

Using the Barrier, now the barrier is a little tricky to use but the key to remember is the faster you run the easier they escape. so, when

you run you have to stutter step by clicking inside your barrier and walking by clicking fast. You should consistently be clicking in front

of your character making him walk forward, which will pull whoever is the poor soul to be trapped in your barrier of death.

If you are playing as a Zyrkhan and are in a fight with a melee character like shadow, and you are barely losing in the beginning.

STAY IN THE FIGHT! Never surrender is Zyrkhans #1 form of battle. He needs to be in the fight for at least 5 hits for him to be at

full strength with a passive 45% physical resistance at 5 stacks of lvl 4 E without your armor you can be tanking anyone any everyone in the way.

Remember, vorpal tends to rape your shap so be careful

Tea extract, is a useful item. i find most of my games last anywhere from 30-40 minutes. for an item thats bought

at 275 that provides 10% resistances and 18 strength for 10minutes purchasing it 3 times for a 30minute buff costs 825 gold,

the same amount as one 18 str bonus item. So, i find it being a very good value at its price, i find myself buying

at least 2-3 of these a game, no matter the character or the stat, they are always usefull in my opinion.

TLDR VERSION: Zyrkhan rapes shap.

Thats the entire build for now i hope i didnt forget anything. if theres anymore info you would like to know just lmk or post in

here and i'll get to responding when i have the opportunity.

Also, if people like this build, and want me to make another one. just post up that you would like me to post more and i will.

Thanks,

Deathnever.

SC2 Character name: Awesome

"Lord Zyrkans model is taken after the brotoss zealot."

You mean protoss?

his w does more damage than Boros ss so always mix it first I also disagree with some of your item selection

Do you know Lz's ring do damage shared between all targets?

I get W at level1 and then max E and Q. I never have problems with mana, because lvl1 W cost 80 mana(?) and i always ready to trap enemy. You must go to side safe lane, so you can pull to tower for easy kills. I start with buckler(it gives all what you need). My talents are offensive(leech,+15 WD, +15% WS) + defensive(180HP, + 2,3 health regen and +8armor or +7% SR). After your first buckler you get leeching saber and 2 more bucklers. Than you must get warp shard for warp-ring- trap. It is so good on Lz. Now you have over 2k HP and you must get pyre for damage. Now you sell bucklers for better items(SHM, Darwin's might, barbed, organic, EM, shrapnel - any of this, depend on situation), and upgrade shard too SHC. It is build, i think i helped you.

his w does more damage than Boros ss so always mix it first I also disagree with some of your item selection

I know that much, but i prefer having the low mana cost on the skill so you can use it more often, and with life leach

and maxing your E first it synergizes well to allow for more tankability. if you disagree with my item selection, constructive criticism is

always accepted and taken into account.

You should get superheated mantle, because you will have no problem being close to an enemy hero for 7+ seconds, which with Mantle will mean a lot of extra damage.

I do agree with you that Super heated mantle works well with zyrkhan, but it depends on who you are and who you are against sometimes. I felt it was at users

discretion so i left it out.

"Lord Zyrkans model is taken after the brotoss zealot."

You mean protoss?

Do you know Lz's ring do damage shared between all targets?

I get W at level1 and then max E and Q. I never have problems with mana, because lvl1 W cost 80 mana(?) and i always ready to trap enemy. You must go to side safe lane, so you can pull to tower for easy kills. I start with buckler(it gives all what you need). My talents are offensive(leech,+15 WD, +15% WS) + defensive(180HP, + 2,3 health regen and +8armor or +7% SR). After your first buckler you get leeching saber and 2 more bucklers. Than you must get warp shard for warp-ring- trap. It is so good on Lz. Now you have over 2k HP and you must get pyre for damage. Now you sell bucklers for better items(SHM, Darwin's might, barbed, organic, EM, shrapnel - any of this, depend on situation), and upgrade shard too SHC. It is build, i think i helped you.

And no, i mean Brotoss

This is another route you could go. I personally don't like stacking early game items unless i'm behind on my farm. On the other hand, if you feel like you can snowball through the game

with more and more kills if you get really beefy early on, then thats on you to choose so. The warp shard in my opinion is a difference in play style, i feel that with zyrkhans Q and HoM, and with your talent F you can catch and imprison most heroes. Thats also why i put it in other items that are great with him.

Keep the comments coming pls, I'll also see about making the complete support zyrkhan guide.

I found Zyrkhan as tank support hero. His role is to make his teammates alive, tank damage and support kills with his solace. Many people use his ulti in wrong way. They using it to save their own ass or after some serious AoE damage was dealt to entire team (Vergil). Instead it should be used exactly at the moment when AoE damage is about to be dealt. So when playing Zyrkhan u should focus to get HP and increase your and your team resistance:

:SpellBuffer::KorhalVanguard:

Spell buffer its must have item on Zyrkhan and should be purchased as fast as possible. LordZ has already high physical resistance but he suffer on lack of spell resist. Moreover it give some spell resist to your team, energy and health regen and movement speed. Korhal is more situational, its nice to get early on when against many AA carries, however late game is useless when crits kicks in.

OlympicTorch.png:OrganicCarapace::ValorsManifest:

Olympic for early health stacks, once u get all u should be very hard to kill, sell it later. Same with Valor's which provide a lot of armor and weapon speed when full stacked. It helps u to reach Tenacious Fury all stacks faster and be almost invulnerable to physical damage. Get only if u are not behind.

:CoatofArms::ChillingArtifact:

If there is no other support hero in your team u should get CoA. Chilling is more situational item, makes a huge difference mid-late game when opponents carries still haven't reached their attack speed cap. Both gives nice cooldown reduction.

Late game it is very nice to get:

:DarwinsMight::IsomorphicPyre: and SmallHadronCollider.png

When AA carries become problematic u should consider some situational items:

:ExecutionersAxe::ShrapnelCloak: or :ElectricMantle:

Other items to consider:

:StunBaton::SuperheatedMantle::LifeTechNanosuit::MossbergTaser:

To summarize:

- LordZ shouldn't be played as DPS, there are better heroes to do that job. He can do enough damage with Pyre only.

- Darwin's is must have late game as u can't tank criticals

- SHC helps u initiate, gives u nice area stun and allows u to save debuff immunity to escape safely. Focus on heroes like Nova, Rancor, Tosh

- Spell Buffer, Olympic Torch, Carapace should be your core items

- if there is no other support hero get more aura items like CoA and some situational like Taser or Shrapnel if needed.

I found Zyrkhan as tank support hero. His role is to make his teammates alive, tank damage and support kills with his solace. Many people use his ulti in wrong way. They using it to save their own ass or after some serious AoE damage was dealt to entire team (Vergil). Instead it should be used exactly at the moment when AoE damage is about to be dealt. So when playing Zyrkhan u should focus to get HP and increase your and your team resistance:

:SpellBuffer::KorhalVanguard:

Spell buffer its must have item on Zyrkhan and should be purchased as fast as possible. LordZ has already high physical resistance but he suffer on lack of spell resist. Moreover it give some spell resist to your team, energy and health regen and movement speed. Korhal is more situational, its nice to get early on when against many AA carries, however late game is useless when crits kicks in.

OlympicTorch.png:OrganicCarapace::ValorsManifest:

Olympic for early health stacks, once u get all u should be very hard to kill, sell it later. Same with Valor's which provide a lot of armor and weapon speed when full stacked. It helps u to reach Tenacious Fury all stacks faster and be almost invulnerable to physical damage. Get only if u are not behind.

:CoatofArms::ChillingArtifact:

If there is no other support hero in your team u should get CoA. Chilling is more situational item, makes a huge difference mid-late game when opponents carries still haven't reached their attack speed cap. Both gives nice cooldown reduction.

Late game it is very nice to get:

:DarwinsMight::IsomorphicPyre: and SmallHadronCollider.png

When AA carries become problematic u should consider some situational items:

:ExecutionersAxe::ShrapnelCloak: or :ElectricMantle:

Other items to consider:

:StunBaton::SuperheatedMantle::LifeTechNanosuit::MossbergTaser:

To summarize:

- LordZ shouldn't be played as DPS, there are better heroes to do that job. He can do enough damage with Pyre only.

- Darwin's is must have late game as u can't tank criticals

- SHC helps u initiate, gives u nice area stun and allows u to save debuff immunity to escape safely. Focus on heroes like Nova, Rancor, Tosh

- Spell Buffer, Olympic Torch, Carapace should be your core items

- if there is no other support hero get more aura items like CoA and some situational like Taser or Shrapnel if needed.

This has my seal of approval.

if this is a problem you are doing it wrong

During the laning phase and with the increase in creep waves, I find you do not have a single target enough to warrant upgrading his W before other skills. I get just level 1 W for the utility and low mana cost like Death said. Then I usually get level 1 Q, max E for the attack speed so I can farm better, then max Q because the speed boosts are quite useful. Once the laning phase is over/creep waves get killed faster then I find his Q is more useful in being upgraded and dealing damage to an enemy.

For LZ; I would do a hybrid of the build in the original post and the one by Spooky; mainly focusing on getting tank items and relying on Isomorphic Pyre for damage-- with Darwin's Might for some extra sustain, with Spell Buffer and Korhal Vanguard and probably Coat of Arms for the support value [and the CoA also serves for some weapon speed]; getting finally Super-Heated Mantle for lots of extra damage.

And one thing I thought of for LZ was getting:

Darwin's Might; SHM; Nitrogen Retrofit; Spell Buffer; Korhal Vanguard; Coat of Arms

Because the troll value.

Anyway, I really like these guides-- they're well written.

Minor nitpick for Deathnever:

Put the talents in the order they are on the trees from top to bottom and put the utility talents after the offensive talents.

During the laning phase and with the increase in creep waves, I find you do not have a single target enough to warrant upgrading his W before other skills. I get just level 1 W for the utility and low mana cost like Death said. Then I usually get level 1 Q, max E for the attack speed so I can farm better, then max Q because the speed boosts are quite useful. Once the laning phase is over/creep waves get killed faster then I find his Q is more useful in being upgraded and dealing damage to an enemy.

His E shouldn't help with farming in the landing phase if you use other for that you should learn to last hit properly. I have a new idea for a build for him now since energy in lane is actually a problem. I will give you a clue burning anti mage. I shall get back to you with the results

• 2 months later...

I decided to necro this thread to share some my new experience about LZ.

So I've played LZ a lot recently, both in pubs and inhouses in many different ways. I used to think tank/support build was the best build for him but now I think I was wrong. The main problem about tank/support build is that LZ would have really low hp pool early-mid game. In effect he can't tank to much. Many support items like Spell Buffer or Shrapnel Cloak gives no health at all. And usually u are forced to get them first if playing this way. I've tried many different opening with him - warp shard, electric mantle, korhal, spell buffer, shrapnel and result is basically the same - LZ can't be played as main tank. If enemy team is competent u gonna simply die. U going to be forced to use your ulti to save your own ass which means wasted ultimate. Much better result when LZ isn't in first lane. Then he can be present in battle for much longer and wait for right moment to use his ultimate. He shows up in teamfight little bit later and for example can solace enemy carry to make him easy target (works really well against Nova, especially if u have Dustin in team as well). But in this case u are not a tank, u simply support hero with some survivability. So my conclusion is - LZ can be played as support hero, but he can't be played as main tank.

What I found recently LZ can be played as dps carry as well. I was little surprised by results because it seems final build give u higher HP pool than standard 'tank/support' build. So late game your ulti gives even better benefits to entire team while u can output much more damage. Of course in this case u need a lot of farm. Solo easy lane would be the best choice. If enemy team decide to put someone solo hard lane then basically means free farm - creeps and neutrals. If there is opportunity try solace enemy. Once u earn 1k minerals get back to pool for leeching saber and tea extract. From this point, with maxed out E (which u should max out first), u have great sustainability. So farm more and harass enemy. First item I get is Lighting Rod. Its cheap, gives some health, weapon speed and great passive which can be used as farming tool and hero killer. Any non-tanky target caught in solace should die at this point. With E buff u already very close to LZ attack speed cap. After usually I get warp shard for better mobility and another escape tool. The final core build is:

SmallHadronCollider.png:DarwinsMight::IsomorphicPyre::ForceofEntropy:Masamune.png

last item is rather situational. It can be one of:

:KhaliBlade::ExplosiveRetrofit::YamatoReactor:SliptideScythe.png

Lighting Rod I selling late game because longer game goes less powerful it becomes. Anyway it very good early game item. Its nice to get Ihan Crystal stacks as well. If u are ahead u can try get Olympic Torch or Valor's stacks to. But probably u would die at some point anyway. I'm not the best player, maybe in better hands it may work. So basically u end up with over than 5k health, about 400 weapon damage and great sustainability potential. Your debuff immunity means u don't have to afraid shrapnel cloaks or executioner axe. Idea is to jump on enemy, solace him and if there is a need turn on Darwin's Might. Use Q to escape or against anti AA items. And u still have powerful ulti which gives more than 1k health to your entire team. Without any support items u can't 1v1 crit-builded enemy carry because he can easily out-leech u, but in 5v5 u should have huge advantage when your support heroes and initiators do their job.

For talents I have:

-15 weapon damage

-15% weapon speed

-spell resistance

-armor

-zeal

-swiftness

I don't like go pure offensive with Haste. It isn't necessary and u loosing movement speed and additional tankyness which is helpful entire game. 6% leech isn't worth talent point when u going to get early Leeching Saber and later Darwin's. At least not in case of LZ.

His E shouldn't help with farming in the landing phase if you use other for that you should learn to last hit properly. I have a new idea for a build for him now since energy in lane is actually a problem. I will give you a clue burning anti mage. I shall get back to you with the results

Well, it depends. If u not laning alone u should max out Q first to easily catch someone in solace and let your lane partner get a kill. However when u laning alone (solo easy lane) u should max out E first. Its not only makes last hiting and denying much easier, but also gives u a lot of sustainability. Basically u can leech more and u have better physical resistance. In effect u give yourself opportunity to free farm, both creeps and neutrals. Nowadays its very popular to put some hero solo hard lane. So very often u going to be against one single hero. Even if he is range hero u should be able to out-palyed him. After level 7 his AA do literally nothing to u.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm... i play lz with 3 Darwins, 1 Arcbound, 1 Barbed, and one Time splitter. = Anti pubbie carry =

And it worked for you even once? because you got x3 times the most expensive item, so when you have half of that build, your pubbie enemy carry has his full build. Any agi hero will farm better than LZ if unless you get lightning rod

• 3 weeks later...