The Community

TheOldOne

So I recently got into this game and although I think I am not a complete noob I'm still learning some aspects of it. I mean I've played some DotA based games. However, when I play some games many of the players will rage on people (including me). I've haven't had one game where someone has tried to help me or the noob. In the many other games that require teamwork, there are is a higher percent of players that help out the noobs. Now I'm not trying to bash on this community or anything but it's just an observation. As a side note, the chat isn't that lively either but thats different.

So I recently got into this game and although I think I am not a complete noob I'm still learning some aspects of it. I mean I've played some DotA based games. However, when I play some games many of the players will rage on people (including me). I've haven't had one game where someone has tried to help me or the noob. In the many other games that require teamwork, there are is a higher percent of players that help out the noobs. Now I'm not trying to bash on this community or anything but it's just an observation. As a side note, the chat isn't that lively either but thats different.

But you asked for help? You read the tips before joining any lobby? Did you open (F12) the help menu to read even more tips, etc?

Yes, I've read the guides and stuff. It's not really the not bothering but the raging that bothers me. There are many players who will start screaming if your kdr is like 0-2. They start saying the team is bad and just rage. I mean if they just leave or don't say anything I wouldn't mind. Just the bm.

There are 3 types of players in the game: Pros that almost never rage or help noobs at all, just ignoring them and doing their own thing, with maybe a tip or two if they are in a good mood, the Ragers, which are a depressingly large amount of people that just whine about anything, and are seem happier when their team is doing bad than good, because it shifts the focus from them, and they end up doing (in comparison) well, even though they themselves are still feeding almost as badly, and not helping their team in any way. The last group is just the randoms that either aren't superbly advanced in skill, but seem to try and while they still usually feed the other team, you can tell that with experience they can become good, and act like their IQ is above that of rocks, which is more than I can say about the average Rager.

Overall, based on my experience, 5% are Pros, 35% are Ragers, and the rest are the ordinary people, which can be further divided into sub-groups based on many factors.

My advice to you for avoiding rage is simple. Pick an AVERAGE hero. Not OP, because then everyone expects you to get godlikes left and right, or underpowered, because you'll just get owned. Get to learn that hero pretty well, explore it, come up with your own strategies, once you can go about even on a bad game and at least 2-1 on a good game, play other heroes, learn the mechanics of them, so on. You should have at least 5 heroes that you are really comfortable with, and another 5 which you play ok. For gameplay, play safe. NEVER fight someone that seems like a good player on their terms. If someone is walking towards you with the intent of fighting to the death, they know something you don't, so unless you too have an ace up your sleave, avoid the confrontation.

What server are you on? If u need someone to show u the basic ropes im sure someone in the community could help you out in game and if you are NA i wouldn't mind helping out. Though im an average player at best i still know the basics and i dont rage.

Im sorry u had such a bad experience :( the community isn't all bad and i hope you will take the time to get to know us :)

All I can see is there are a lot of haters on NA, come try EU, if ya want, everyone in the inh community are so chilled even if we lose, we still have fun and play another! Everyone is approachable, for any help! Yes we can get abit frustrated at times in a losing position, but blame is on the team not individuals. But ye good luck with the games brow!

All I can see is there are a lot of haters on NA, come try EU, if ya want, everyone in the inh community are so chilled even if we lose, we still have fun and play another! Everyone is approachable, for any help! Yes we can get abit frustrated at times in a losing position, but blame is on the team not individuals. But ye good luck with the games brow!

If that is the kase, I guess the team is to blame for your Jakk dying.

The only thing i can really say here is that if you don't pull your weight than i'll rage, but if you help out in team fights & the like, i'm more than likely give you a GJ for your kills or help, i'm a rager (& doom i think you're wrong in your assessment of the ragers... not all of us quit, it's only when you have dumb as dog shnit players playing that stick thier lane & don't help at all with team engagements!) & i usually take shap out on the team but only if it's the teams fault (I'm talking pubs here).

TheOldOne... most every 'somewhat skilled' player gives advice on where to go & what to do in the game... in the beginning... but come a few games later, when you have to deal with the same shnit every game, you knida lose your cool & start raging, for me, it's gotten to the point where i have 3-5 games & i don't bother helping anymore, then 6-10 games later, go play something else. Pubs (to a certain extant ih's too) eventually become the same shnit different day kinda invironment, where you see the same heros almost every game which take a lot out of the game in the sense of skill & base. My advice to you is play your game the way you want to play it & mute the ragers... it's the only way you will help yourself in keeping interest in the game & maybe one day becoming part of the ih communinty!

Till then goodluck & keep strong out there... we're all not that bad!

Ya, I'm trying to go with at least one person in a group to see what they are doing and learning from that.

Partying up with people is a great way to avoid rage and learn stuff. Next time I'm getting a group to pub with, I'll check if you're online. :)