[Event]: NA vs EU showcase match rematch!

KinGofDaBerG

NA vs EU SHOWCASE:

So its time to re-do this showcase match. Its been too long that NA have claimed the top spot of the AoS world.

Date:

• The Showcase mathces will be held on the 23rd of November 2012, this is a Friday. The showcase will consist of a best of 3 set-up, each regoin to play one game on their server and the final to be decided by a coin toss (the winner chosing the server to play on).

Rule:

• Teams to consist of a maximum of 6 players, 5 + 1 sub, if team that has signed up is not present, the team at fault will be considered forfeit.
  • Any abuse on any known bugs or glitches will result in disqualification of the team at fault, a few bugs to name: Jakk.Summers weapon glitch, etc (go to the bug section to see what bugs are in the game)
  • Pool plucking and backdooring are not allowed, as it is regarded as BM.
  • Auto-ed Heroes/Items will be : Starsceam.Omega, Alpha.Crackling, Null.Disruptor.
  • Each game will follow the Draft pick system, with 3 Global bans per each team, this is as follows:

T1 bans

T2 bans

T1 bans

T2 bans

T1 bans

T2 bans

T1 picks 1

T2 picks 2

T1 picks 2

T2 picks 2

T1 picks 2

T2 picks 1

• The first game will be played on the NA server, where EU bans first and is protoss.
  • The second game will be played on the EU server, where NA bans first and is protoss.
  • The last game will be a coin flip, and the winner of the coin flip will decide which server to play on. if EU, NA team will be protoss and ban first, if NA, EU team will be protoss and ban first.
  • Any out of hand conduct, or arguing of the rules will result in your teams disquilifacation.
  • Any out of hand manner to fellow players during this event will result in your teams disquilifacation
  • There will be no Ninja pausing during the game, if a pause is required the team must type "pp", and wait till the opposing team pauses. teams are not allowed to pause during a team fight.
  • Each pause can last for a maximum of 5 minute, after that the opposing team is allowed to unpause the game.
  • When unpausing, count down from 5 in the all chat and then unpause, this can only occur however once both captains have agree to start or the alotted time of 5 minutes has passed.
  • If there is a dc in the game, all teams must give the dc'ed player 5 minutes to return, after that they are allowed to drop him and continue playing 4v5, if the games turns into 3v5, the game is awarded to the team of 5 and the team of 3 must surrender imediately.
  • If a player is dropped in the first 10 minutes, the game can be remade, after 10 minutes, the game must continue.
  • There will be no RAGE QUITS in these showcase games.

Teams:

• Team NA:

1. (TBC)
  2. (TBC)
  3. (TBC)
  4. (TBC)
  5. (TBC)
  6. Sub: (TBC)

• Team EU:

1. (TBC)
  2. (TBC)
  3. (TBC)
  4. (TBC)
  5. (TBC)
  6. Sub: (TBC)

Let the best team win and who ever wins this gets bragging rights as the best of the best of AoS in any region around the world.

EU Tryouts:

• Who ever wants to be in the EU team, I will be holding tryouts, where I will be pitting players against each other to determine the best team: if you are interested, tryouts will be held on Wednesday (14/11/2012) and Thursday (15/11/2012) 8pm, European time. please Join the Chat Channel: EU Tryouts ,in Starcraft to play!

UPDATED

Also:

EU Tryouts:

• Who ever wants to be in the EU team, I will be holding tryouts, where I will be pitting players against each other to determine the best team: if you are interested, tryouts will be held on Wednesday (14/11/2012) and Thursday (15/11/2012) 8pm, European time. please Join the Chat Channel: EU Tryouts ,in Starcraft to play!

Can we change the date to that Saturday? I think that Friday is likely to be restrictive, especially since it's the day after Thanksgiving in NA (meaning a number of players are likely to be traveling or have other restrictions on their time.

Also a few issues with the rules:

Why are Null and Crackling autobanned? (not autobanned or considered all that strong in NA)

Why is backdooring not allowed? (not considered BM in NA)

If the game is 3v5, why can't the players play it out? The team of 3 is already at a significant disadvantage--why do they have to immediately forfeit?

Why are Null and Crackling autobanned? (not autobanned or considered all that strong in NA)

If the game is 3v5, why can't the players play it out? The team of 3 is already at a significant disadvantage--why do they have to immediately forfeit?

Well it doesn't really make sense to have a "showcase EU vs NA match" be a 3v5, does it ? Might as well not play the game at all. I mean that seemed pretty obvious. To me. At least. Not necessarily everyone.

Can we change the date to that Saturday? I think that Friday is likely to be restrictive, especially since it's the day after Thanksgiving in NA (meaning a number of players are likely to be traveling or have other restrictions on their time.

Makes sense, but shouldn't it then be on sunday rather than saturday? Aren't you guys more likely to be out carousing on the saturday following thanksgiving than having time constraints on sunday?

Short answer: EU organise = EU rules.

Long answer:

1) Certain heroes are found to be overpowered in EU, and are thus autobanned. I could ask you why marineking had to be autobanned in the last tournament, especially considering it had to be added 1 day before the tournament began, but starting an argument about that farce will only serve to make me annoyed. It is for the same reason that these two heroes are autobanned.

B) Backdooring is not allowed in EU.

d) Because it would be a waste of everyones time. Literally everyone speccing, playing, reffing or watching stream. All these people. Their time would be wasted. Might as well not play, if you're going to be playing 3v5. It is also extremely arrogant to think you even have the slightest of chances in such a situation, and would willingly waste aforementioned time on the off-chance that you can pull it off; in fact, it entirely defeats the purpose of a showmatch.

Well it doesn't really make sense to have a "showcase EU vs NA match" be a 3v5, does it ? Might as well not play the game at all. I mean that seemed pretty obvious. To me. At least. Not necessarily everyone.

By that logic, the game should be replayed, since a forfeit isn't really a "showcase EU vs NA match." However, since players could game the system in that case, you would still want to have some penalty for players dropping. Hence, just play it out (unless the team with 3 decided to surrender--the point is that it seems overly restrictive to make it the default for the game to end at that point. We are playing across servers, so drops are not unheard of. How lame would it be to lose a match that had essentially been won just because two players drop near the end of the game (e.g. if the other team had been wiped and you were killing the artifact temple when the drops occured)?

Makes sense, but shouldn't it then be on sunday rather than saturday? Aren't you guys more likely to be out carousing on the saturday following thanksgiving than having time constraints on sunday?

Could be, but several of us aren't able to play on Sundays. Saturdays tend to be more reliable. Once we know who will be playing on the two teams, we can decide on a mutually agreeable time.

Short answer: EU organise = EU rules.

Long answer:

1) Certain heroes are found to be overpowered in EU, and are thus autobanned. I could ask you why marineking had to be autobanned in the last tournament, especially considering it had to be added 1 day before the tournament began, but starting an argument about that farce will only serve to make me annoyed. It is for the same reason that these two heroes are autobanned.

B) Backdooring is not allowed in EU.

d) Because it would be a waste of everyones time. Literally everyone speccing, playing, reffing or watching stream. All these people. Their time would be wasted. Might as well not play, if you're going to be playing 3v5. It is also extremely arrogant to think you even have the slightest of chances in such a situation, and would willingly waste aforementioned time on the off-chance that you can pull it off; in fact, it entirely defeats the purpose of a showmatch.

Okay, how about I organize it and we use NA rules? If it's a true showcase match, the rules should be agreed on by both servers. Just because it's being organized by EU doesn't mean it should automatically be EU rules. For the third item, see my comment above.

By that logic, the game should be replayed, since a forfeit isn't really a "showcase EU vs NA match." However, since players could game the system in that case, you would still want to have some penalty for players dropping. Hence, just play it out (unless the team with 3 decided to surrender--the point is that it seems overly restrictive to make it the default for the game to end at that point. We are playing across servers, so drops are not unheard of. How lame would it be to lose a match that had essentially been won just because two players drop near the end of the game (e.g. if the other team had been wiped and you were killing the artifact temple when the drops occured)?

It would be very "lame" to lose a game because people drop - that's why people generally shouldn't be dropping. Funny how it works, isn't it? "Why should we be punishing just because we crash". Well maybe you shouldn't crash. I'm sure if you ask nicely, and the game isn't very old, the other team will be more than happy to oblige to a remake in order to accomodate bad Internet connections or whatever may be the case.

The purpose of a showmatch is to showcase a good game. A 3 against 5 is not a good game. It is a waste of time.

Could be, but several of us aren't able to play on Sundays. Saturdays tend to be more reliable. Once we know who will be playing on the two teams, we can decide on a mutually agreeable time.

Of course that would be the smartest thing to do :)

Okay, how about I organize it and we use NA rules? If it's a true showcase match, the rules should be agreed on by both servers. Just because it's being organized by EU doesn't mean it should automatically be EU rules. For the third item, see my comment above.

Hey, I think both regions should agree on the rules too, but it didn't seem to be the case in the last tournament, given how essentially NA were consistently adding rules or playing with different rules on the NA server(NA vs NA team) (Backdooring allowed, mule lvl 1 tower abuse allowed, etc.) all the while calling African out for "only caring about EU" and being biased.

I think a middleground should be reached, but at the same time, I think it's very disrespectful that you would threaten to organise yourself, just in order for African not to have a basic foundation of rules rooted in his own server. You cannot be surprised by this, surely?