Erekul making people explode [1.55]

aidanderson

Aidanderson is back with a guide. I took a break from AoS to play league of legends (im sorry guys this game is basically the dota 2 map with LoL items) and i was tired of playing tryhard all the time so I picked up one of my favorite mages Erekul (and made a guide).

Intro

Erekul is a tanky mage that is particularly good at taking out the enemy dps carry. His ultimate was nerfed multiple times then reworked because its was pretty op beginning of SotIS v6.

Masteries: I go for a 1/2/3 mastery tree getting Cunning for the bonus (+5%) spell damage in offense, vigor (2.3 hp regen) and fitness (180 health) for survivability in defense, and prodigy (+12% cooldown reduction) brilliance (1.2 energy regen) and youth (+230 energy) in utility. This mastery setup provides me with survivability in the laning phase while still being able to harras with your q rather than always saving it for healing.

Abilities

Dying Soil (passive)- Heroic enemies in a 10 unit radius take [0.75% of their Maximum Health] True Damage per second.

Not the best passive not the worst. Provides constant harras to the enemy lane opponent(s).

Swarm Burst (Q)- Erekul releases a wave of snakes, restoring Health to nearby allies, and dealing Spell Damage to nearby enemies.

[Level 1] Restores 35 [+40% INT] Health, deals 70 [+80% INT] Spell Damage

[Level 2] Restores 65 [+40% INT] Health, deals 130 [+80% INT] Spell Damage

[Level 3] Restores 95 [+40% INT] Health, deals 190 [+80% INT] Spell Damage

[Level 4] Restores 125 [+40% INT] Health, deals 250 [+80% INT] Spell Damage

Cooldown: 15 seconds all levels

Energy Cost: 90/110/130/150

This is your bread and butter skill. I max this first. In lane DO NOT SPAM THIS. Occasionally use it when there are few creeps around to harras. If your Health is low, back away from creep and enemies and use it to heal yourself for the max heal. From what I have seen, the snakes evenly divide themselves between heroes and creep prioritizing heroes.

Parasitic Infusion (W)- Target enemy loses a percentage of its Weapon Damage for 12 seconds.

[Level 1] -30% Weapon Damage

[Level 2] -40% Weapon Damage

[Level 3] -50% Weapon Damage

[Level 4] -60% Weapon Damage

Cooldown: 20 seconds all levels

Energy Cost: 60/80/100/120

This is one of the reasons I consider Erekul a strong anti dps champion. I max this skill last because by level 10 most dps champions are just getting their first tier 3 item and do not have a lot of damage. I make exceptions sometimes if the enemy team has a fed nova, zera, shadow, ect. 9/10 game I max this skill last because most dps champions are scary around level 13 and on when they have 2 tier 2 items or more.

Masochist (E)- Passive grants Physical Resist. When attacked by enemies, Erekul reduces his abilities cooldowns.

[Level 1] +8% Physical Resist. Reduces cooldowns by 0.5 seconds when being attacked.

[Level 2] +12% Physical Resist. Reduces cooldowns by 1.0 seconds when being attacked.

[Level 3] +16% Physical Resist. Reduces cooldowns by 1.5 seconds when being attacked.

[Level 4] +20% Physical Resist. Reduces cooldowns by 2.0 seconds when being attacked.

Cooldown: n/a

Energy Cost: n/a

This is the main reason I think Erekul is a very strong anti carry. At level 4 this is about 7 armor for free and you get cooldown reduction. I max this skill second because I need the cooldown reduction to fight enemy champions. Besides his ult, Erekul has only 1 damage spell. This spell allows him to be a caster with 1 non-ultimate damage spell Pro tip: if your ult is down and your hp is decently high, either tank a minion wave before your minion wave comes or go to a neutral camp and tank it (try to tank it till about half hp or till your ult gets off cooldown).

Erekul's Vengeance ®- Stun target enemy for 1.5 seconds and deal True Damage based on a percentage of the target's Missing Health.

[Level 1] 15% of target's missing Health [+100% INT} True Damage

[Level 2] 25% of target's missing Health [+100% INT} True Damage

[Level 3] 35% of target's missing Health [+100% INT} True Damage

Cooldown: 100/90/80 seconds

Energy Cost: 150/250/350

This is considered a finisher ultimate. This is probably one of the strongest ultimates in the game due to the high amount of damage it does to low health targets. Never use this spell on a high health enemy. At level 1 use it when they have about 1/10 or 1/8 of their health. At level 2 use this when they have 1/6 or 1/8 of their health left. At level 3 do not use this unless they have less than 1/4 of their health left. Remember this deals true damage and cannot be countered by magic resist. This is a finisher and should be used at the end of 1v1 fights to kill the target.

Items

Start with a :DuransPendant: because it gives you every stat you need (except cooldown reduction) or a :KhalisWeaver: so you can build it into a Khaydarin Absorber

First major item is Khaydarin Absorber (you can literaly just spam ur q to farm minion waves

Get a :NitrogenRetrofit: for the health the the slow (erekul has no cc) then get a :ArgusCrystal: for the dmgs

Next get a :MetalGear: and build it into a :ChillingArtifact: For armor and cooldown reduction (the passive makes Erekul even a better anit dps)

A strong 5th item is Gravity edge (there is no icon for gravity edge)

Last items (depending on the enemy team comp: :ParallaxGenerator::SuperheatedMantle::ShrapnelCloak::OrganicCarapace::LifeTechNanosuit::BarbedPlating::ElectricMantle:

Paralax is a good item because it provides health and INT. Super Heated Mantle adds to Erekul's AoE damage. Shrapnel Cloak give Int and a decent AoE nuke. Dont get both Super Heated Mantle and Shrapnel Cloak. Only get Organic Carapace if you are your team's main tank or if you REALLY need a lot of health. Lifetech Nanosuit is still a good item on Erekul, but there are better items. Barbed is a great item if they have a fed dps because the passive returns damage BEFORE armor and other resistances, I usually don't get this unless there is a fed shadow or other strong dps carry, but if you are specifically going anti dps carry, then get this item. Electric Mantle gives spell resistance which is needed on Erekul since he doesn't have any through abilities and a stun is nice too.

Laning: Don't be overly aggressive but don't be too passive. Occasionally trade with the enemy by using your q when they come close. Try to constantly keep at least 1/3 of your energy just in case you get low so you can heal up. Try to gank when you hit level 6 or 7 because you should be able to kill at least one person (unless there are 2 tanks in the lane). I strongly recommend going mid lane so you can get your ultimate asap. If you are with a lane partner, try to lane with a tank (because they wont steal all the farm). Last but not least LAST HIT CREEPS. It is much easier to last hit minions/creeps in this game because the base health of minions was lowered and they spawn much faster. The way minions spawn is so that if you are constantly last hitting and not auto attacking the minions will stay in the middle of the lane. When the last minions are dying/died then the next wave comes. This way you are less susceptible to ganks and you will live if you are in the short lane.

TL;DR:

Max q first then e then w; get ult when it comes up

Core items: :NitrogenRetrofit::ArgusCrystal::ChillingArtifact:

An Erekul build without Khaydarin Absorber?

Why you don't just rush this item and farm like a mofo the rest of the game, so you can get sooner the rest of the items and push the waves faster without going back to the pool to replenish your mana? You will also be near to immortal in a teamfight with creeps around.

Imo Guardian Steel is also a very good early item for a massive farming, you get very nice stats for the cost and near to unlimited mana.

ihan should be one of the first items you grab so u can sell it later :)

Ihan never should be one of the first item to grab on any hero as it doesn't give good stats for it price. Its delay your main build, much better to buy sth else u really need. Ihan can be bought later on as 4th or 5th item when your core build is ready, but not sooner.

it gives better stats than nitrogen and for less. plus after 10 min u can sell it and keep 300 hp and 60 int.

Ihan only gives some health, mana and health, mana regen while Nitrofen gives inteligence, nice utility slow and more health. So at the moment u buying u get much better profit. Thats why Ihan shouldn't be bought early game because its literally makes u behind for next 10 minutes

Like the guide but heres a few suggestions :

-Get a SFG, it can be really useful to finish off/ 1v1 and it gives a very nice int boost

-early game get a durans int item an then 4 mana pots then when you get lvl 2 Q or lvl 3 Q just run into creep wave and spam while AAing hero. the creeps will attack you and youll just spam like crazy because of your e and the enemy will be taking crazy dmg.

-you want go gank when you reach lvl 7 because thats when youve maxed your Q and you should be helping out other lanes.

-The best place to initiate a team fight is right next to a creep wave. so the creeps will proc your E.

Hope it helps!

• 11 months later...

I "discovered" this hero a couple of weeks ago and, does he fit my game style.

First of all he's hardly used - so there's not much chance some one will take it and I will get stuck with some hero I don't like

I just love his versatility, I mean, depending on the enemy team I can go more tanky anti-dps, or more INT last-hit killer.

His Ult (if timed correctly) gives me the kills I never had, and his armor gives me survivability that FINALLY brings me to less deaths than kills+assists (it may sound funny but I'm bronze, so it's not trivial for me).

The damage reduction skill is great, this is the ONLY hero I ever managed to 1v1 Shadow and Nova with with.

Another thing I learned with this hero is some map awarenes for ganks, he des not have an escape skill, so there's no choice but to plan where you ave your fights, not to overextend and watch the back.

As far the items go, what I try to do is to see who's the dominant enemy. If it's DPS than I would probably take a lot of armor and health, if it's a caster than I'd probably try to get some resistance.

Overeall, I think this is a very noob friendly hero (what can I say, he took me fro bronze to silver in a coupe of days).

Dat necro. OK I will help you out.

This guide is very much outdated, and quite frankly it has always been a terrible guide for Erekul.

#1 Pro tip: Press Q, and keep on pressing it. Max this first, along with E.

#2 Pro tip: Erekul's ult is not for kill stealing, it should be used as a powerful stun. Only use it if your team needs the stun. Don't blindly waste it on a low hp enemy in a team fight, unless if you are a totally useless newb.

Item wise there is only one thing you need to know. Spell resist, and lots of it. Erekul's E gives good passive armour, but he is lacking in spell resist (and hp), so items like Spell Buffer, Khorhal Vanguard, Lifetech Nanosuit are all good for him.

Never, never, never build INT on Erekul. He is a tank. Your job is to stay in the front, spam Q and only use R when necessary, not to ks.

This is the only way to play Erekul, and you should hardly ever die if you build him correctly. If you would rather be getting lots of kills then just play a different hero. I hear Cyprus is a good INT nuker, who excels at kill stealing.

Intelligence erekul is very good in pubs, and your ulti stun will not be used to good effect in a pub with little teamwork. Also, I disagree with you on the never build int part mus, as if you don't build intelligence the enemy will have no reason to focus you, you should balance out tankiness with int so that you cannot be ignored.

Since I cannot edit my posts currently I would like to add that you should still build some int on erekul in inhouses since there isn't a reason for the enemy to focus you if you have no int, so you have to balance your build out to give enough tankiness to survive, but enough int to be a threat. Int also makes your Q an extremely effective heal for your team.

No that's totally wrong.

Firstly, in a pub you can build any hero in any manner and still do well. I've said this statement before. Just because a trash build works in a pub doesn't mean anything, it doesn't add merit to the build or the player. I won't discuss pubs any further in this post.

Secondly, in an inhouse you only pick Erekul to support the team with aura items. His first item should always be either Spell Buffer or Khorhal Vanguard. That is his job. He should also be played as a support hero, which means he shouldn't be taking a lot of last hits on creeps and heroes, so he shouldn't have much money to spend. This means it's unlikely he will have the luxury to waste money on an INT item before the inhouse ends. If Erekul builds an INT item too early he will risk being too squishy, and his biggest strength lies in being focused by AAs, so building INT early will backfire because Erekul will simply die before he can cast enough Qs. There should be other heroes on the team who's job is to deal huge spell damage. That is not Erekul's job, he is not good at it.

I reiterate that Erekul's biggest strength lies in being focused by AAs. Now what this means is that by focusing Erekul you are only making him stronger. If he is built as a tank then you are probably going to die before he does, and by the nature of his Q he can deal damage to several attackers at once. Therefore, it's stupid to focus Erekul in general. Now, even if Erekul does build some INT, his damage still won't be comparable to any decent caster, so there still isn't a need to focus him down. He won't be dealing much damage relative to the rest of his team. Also of course, by focusing him you will only end up increasing his damage output, so there really isn't a point to focus an Erekul that builds INT. The best way to deal with Erekul is to ignore him.

Parallax is a good item for Erekul, but it is situational.

Nitrogen Retrofit is the kind of item you get only when you are really, really far ahead. It provides some good CC but there are several better items than this available, and the inhouse will most likely end before you buy all of those.

Ihan Crystal is another selfish item. Erekul doesn't farm too well, and there are better items for him.

These are some of the items that I would consider to be important on Erekul:

-Spell Buffer

-Khorhal Vanguard

-Eternal Drive

-Lifetech Nanosuit

-Electric Mantle

-Super Heated Mantle

-Parallax Generator

Mus is wrong do this:

Core items:

Impact dial, Warp shard, sunflare gun.

Playstyle: Get in quick, get out even quicker: Impact dial and warpshard will help you to get in and out within a second, between the use of these awesome items I suggest you press q once, hit ur hotkey for sunflare gun click enemy hero, press r, click enemy hero, warp out.

Later on get a paralax to avoid getting silenced / stunned while repeating this.

No that's totally wrong.

Firstly, in a pub you can build any hero in any manner and still do well. I've said this statement before. Just because a trash build works in a pub doesn't mean anything, it doesn't add merit to the build or the player. I won't discuss pubs any further in this post.

Secondly, in an inhouse you only pick Erekul to support the team with aura items. His first item should always be either Spell Buffer or Khorhal Vanguard. That is his job. He should also be played as a support hero, which means he shouldn't be taking a lot of last hits on creeps and heroes, so he shouldn't have much money to spend. This means it's unlikely he will have the luxury to waste money on an INT item before the inhouse ends. If Erekul builds an INT item too early he will risk being too squishy, and his biggest strength lies in being focused by AAs, so building INT early will backfire because Erekul will simply die before he can cast enough Qs. There should be other heroes on the team who's job is to deal huge spell damage. That is not Erekul's job, he is not good at it.

I reiterate that Erekul's biggest strength lies in being focused by AAs. Now what this means is that by focusing Erekul you are only making him stronger. If he is built as a tank then you are probably going to die before he does, and by the nature of his Q he can deal damage to several attackers at once. Therefore, it's stupid to focus Erekul in general. Now, even if Erekul does build some INT, his damage still won't be comparable to any decent caster, so there still isn't a need to focus him down. He won't be dealing much damage relative to the rest of his team. Also of course, by focusing him you will only end up increasing his damage output, so there really isn't a point to focus an Erekul that builds INT. The best way to deal with Erekul is to ignore him.

Parallax is a good item for Erekul, but it is situational.

Nitrogen Retrofit is the kind of item you get only when you are really, really far ahead. It provides some good CC but there are several better items than this available, and the inhouse will most likely end before you buy all of those.

Ihan Crystal is another selfish item. Erekul doesn't farm too well, and there are better items for him.

These are some of the items that I would consider to be important on Erekul:

-Spell Buffer

-Khorhal Vanguard

-Eternal Drive

-Lifetech Nanosuit

-Electric Mantle

-Super Heated Mantle

-Parallax Generator

First, I know you can do well in a pub with any build, that is why I said it was fine in a pub to do this, as int erekul is easy to do well with, since people don't realize your ulti's burst at 6 coupled with flare gun, none of that means it is a good build that I would use in an inhouse.

Second, the only times I have seen I have seen erekul played in an inhouse (twice) he was solo long lane. In this situation he should balance int and tankiness. However, if he is being played as a support hero short lane, I agree he would probably not have enough money to build any int while still being tanky enough for teamfights.