Utility Slot

Muto

One of the problems I've been seeing in this game is the inability to use items such as boundary scanner late game as one does not want to sacrifice an item slot. This also goes for things like energy and health potions. I think the addition of a "utility slot" or slot that can only hold things such as potions or disposable items would be a useful addition the game as it would allow for use of these materials in late game play.

Yes +1 to this, I find it quite inconvenient to have to drop an item to use elixir/ the other consumables, it would literally make no difference apart from not wasting your time.

Unless your talking about rancor and wanting to proc his passive you do know that potions will automatically use if you have full inventory

I have to agree and disagree. It makes early game difference in inventory (for me as i buy ALOT of consumables). It would be nice tho, if there was a Utilities pack you could buy for say, 1500$, allowing a side slot for Consuambles (primarily 1 only). It is annoying having to drop all my items to place sentry wards to prevent backdoorers.

Ekcolnovkol has expressly stated on multiple occasions that this won't happen. I don't remember the reasoning... I think it was because if a consumable is so good that you want a separate slot for it you can just drop one of your other items.

Though I wonder if Itsthatguy's idea would make it through... =X

Only other thing i could think of, is to make it a talent. I mean, Veteran and Zeal buff are very good, but the wealth buff seems, Eh... You could make a Utilities Pack a Talent that requires at least 2 points in the Utilities section before you can get it (like replace weath with this). If its that important to you, you could always use a talent to have it, or choose a different talent thats fairly useful like life steal (and 9% is basicly a Zerg symbiosis, while consumables would be less, and wouldn't be nearly as useful till late game when item cap comes in and the life steal is a tier 1 offensive, not requiring any talents to put in to get it, besides the primarily one to unlock it).

I find that the only consumables people would really use this for are boundary scanner, radar kit and smoke screen. What i have to say to this is

the only reason you would get boundary scanner is for shadows ultimate skill, and if you are having that much of a problem late game with shadow's ultimate then you need to rethink your build or pay a bit more attention. True sight also makes this pointless for detection late game.

For radar kit, the only reason you would use this late game when you have max items is to check daggoth, and aeon. Maybe to lay around base if your turtleing so you can check for ganks. And late game when people have true sight there is no point because they will just kill it anyway.

Smoke screen I find would be the only thing i might carry around, it has uses late game as well as early. mainly bio's ult. Except if you are being killed by bio's ult late game its your own fault for not being able to counter him. Most people do not get it anyway whether bio is in the game or not.

So with this reasoning i see absolutely no point in implementing a utility slot.

I find that the only consumables people would really use this for are boundary scanner, radar kit and smoke screen. What i have to say to this is

the only reason you would get boundary scanner is for shadows ultimate skill, and if you are having that much of a problem late game with shadow's ultimate then you need to rethink your build or pay a bit more attention. True sight also makes this pointless for detection late game.

For radar kit, the only reason you would use this late game when you have max items is to check daggoth, and aeon. Maybe to lay around base if your turtleing so you can check for ganks. And late game when people have true sight there is no point because they will just kill it anyway.

Smoke screen I find would be the only thing i might carry around, it has uses late game as well as early. mainly bio's ult. Except if you are being killed by bio's ult late game its your own fault for not being able to counter him. Most people do not get it anyway whether bio is in the game or not.

So with this reasoning i see absolutely no point in implementing a utility slot.

Radar kit is actually very useful late game. If you are losing late game, and say all your cannons or majority are destroyed, but you have a major come back, enemy may be desperate enough to just charge the temple, disregarding all enemy heroes (Backdoor). And with your limited sight, it maybe to late, since shadow may have casted final already, or Boros might of already got SpellStorm up by then, causing you to be unable to stop him. (I've actually had this happen, and i used sentry towers, but i couldnt place them very far at all, only by ramps, for if i was without my items and he came, I would be in major trouble, and game over, and it actually cost us the game, since he used a warp shard, then spell storm...)

Altho it could be fixed by just simply adding an Anti-Backdoor Consumable, Say, a Defence Tower that has the following:

Cost: 2000$ (Yes something to actually spend your money on instead of having 20000$)

Hp: 1500 (Has a passive +1 Hp Regen)

Attack: 100 True Damage [+bonus damage to non-heroics =(+20% Non-Heroic's Max Hp as True damage [Help maintain Creeps])]

Attack Speed: 1.5

Range: 8.5

Damage Resistance: 40% (+50% Spell resistance) [40% true/physical resist, 70% spell resist total)

Passive: All Builds that are unable to attack (Cannons) in a Radius of 6 Gain +90% Damage Resistance, and +10 Hp Regen and Shield Regen (Shield for temple)

Tower would be targeted by abilities, or else AA heros would have a significant advantage too since they push so much better at towers. This would give just enough time to heros to prevent Backdoorers, who are currently defending base, without majorly causing such a huge difference. Defence tower would be control by CPU upon use to prevent income from getting it. Towers could only be place in a 10 Unit Radius on any structure controlled by your CPU. (Prevent putting in enemy base or doing a glitch that would making it placeable near sentry towers if it was just any building of any ally).

Another Option: Artifact Temple Will Regenerate 250 Shields Per second if it hasn't been attacked in 1 minute. (Thus making it so if it gets attacked, your basicly doomed.)

Utilities Pack could also work but (Eh..., i'd prefer the others.)