Quick Question

Revolution

Yeah can you mods start locking down on the flame wars going on in some of these forums? I mean in the thread The most abused stuff in AoS or whatever has been nothing but 2 people flaming eachother for the past 4 pages.. This is entirely detrimental to the AoS forums because new users come to the forums to learn about the game and pick up tips and tricks. And I'm pretty sure 4 pages of flaming is not going to help them in the slightest.

I'll take the warning for "talking about moderation" but seriously something needs to be done. It is just getting ridiculous.

Oh the irony...

But anyway, flame wars are a result of the community, and strict moderation isn't really going to solve the issue. Going ahead and banning flamewars is a start, but then we might just not get any discussions at all. The root problem is that people here are too interested in bickering over things.

Oh the irony...

But anyway, flame wars are a result of the community, and strict moderation isn't really going to solve the issue. Going ahead and banning flamewars is a start, but then we might just not get any discussions at all. The root problem is that people here are too interested in bickering over things.

+1 A stric moderation will not solve anything, if the ppl who flame (including myself) grow up a little bit, we could be ok.

What are you nubs talking about? I was restrikted from posting in the forum from the 21st of oktober to the 1st of nowember with the reason "Do not start a flame war."

That was while my "opponent" in the flame war was being mush more personal, angry and serious in his insults, and wasn't banned at all.

Beliewe me, there is just the same stupid old bias in the forum as there always was. Mods don't like me, so I get warning points for shap like "Do not spam reports" when I was reporting Skydie impersonating me, and I get 2 warning points for using ShablaGod as my username and making a joke about his arroganse in the forum - something I'm pretty sure Shab himself had no problem with, and I doubt other users reported posts from me as well...

But I digress. If it's users the mods like or don't kare about, nothing will happen. If it's users they don't like, there is sewere punishment for insignifikant infraktions.

I have talked to Red about getting more mods due to Cronos being MIA and the partial retirement of banzai. Hopefully the new mod(s) that are selected are unbiased and have friends in the NA and EU regions. I'd say SEA as well, but come on now the only reason anyone from other regions interact with them is because of Rohtube :P at least that is how it is on mumble.