Doom is back.

Doom

I am The Doom from old forums, although I have decided to make my name the same as my sc2 name. I have played SotIS from late v2. I was actually seriously debating quitting sotis because of my inability to join IH due to bad RAM and Graphics card, as well as how easy pubs were for me, especially with certain heroes (I barely ever lost as Darpa or Zeratul, and in the very rare times I did, it was due to the other team just vastly outnumbering and outpushing me, even though I never dipped bellow 4-1 kdr, and won most if not all team fights). I even decided to wait till my 500th post to say goodbye, however this change went out and prevented me before I could do so. So, I'm back, still rolling pubs, now playing less-popular heroes, and building them with troll builds with much greater frequency than ever before. I am playing AoS much less than I played SotIS in the past, and I will almost certainly quit when the new UFO: Enemy Unknown comes out, but for now, I am still here, in a limited capacity.

Sad face =( I remember seeing you in a lot of pubs, thought you were more of a drake guy? But he doesn't seem to be on the same level with the other heroes like he was in previous versions... Why does IH require more RAM and a better graphics card than pub games? Also I don't blame you, with the new name and it being on the first page again, lots of new users joining it now and pub games are kinda lame atm... Hope you continue to play!

Inhouse usually means mumble, and for some reason my fps just drops down the drain with both mumble and sc2 on..... and if you drop/ leave due to lag in a pub, maybe someone will make an upset comment, but it'll end there. In inhouses you really let your team down if you drop and make it a 4v5. In a medium-high level inhouse, you cannot win 4v5, unless you get a lucky engagement and take out multiple towers and/or Daggoth subsequently. Drake is rather fun in pubs, because no one anticipates his plucks, so I do play him rather often. I haven't ever played him in a serious game however, during which I generally stick to Rory/Rancor/Raynor/Micro/Boros/Toxi/Zera/LZ, due to him indeed being subpar, unless you have a teammate that stuns/roots the enemy for you to pluck. (And even so, Drake is avoidable, since his range is so low, people can just move away before you can get close enough, even if you have teammate help).

Archived