If Crits Are Going To Stay As True Damage

lOvOl

Should they not be toned down quite a bit, or at the very least have Khali Blade do something else other than add a ton of crit damage (which is silly because it kind of forces you to buy this item if you are doing anything serious in a crit build?

You really can't tank crit builds at all while you can get spell resist to counter pyre or armor to counter physical damage, but crit damage you just need raw health for, however with Khali Blade I believe you get 100% damage scaling (unless something changed) that is true damage and is counted before mitigation. I would not have as much of a problem with crit damage being true damage if it was calculated after armor was factored, but at the moment the recent attack speed cap buff (yah it is 400% now but crits were already OP in 1.47) have made crits that much more powerful.

Crit builds are the superior AA damage build on every hero (even int heroes since all you need is 100% crit chance and lethal barbed) at the moment which makes most of the other AA items in the game pretty useless in comparison. This was not always the case as crit items actually used to be considered useless themselves.

I have heard that the "editor" won't let the devs make crits physical damage anymore, but can crits be calculated at least after physical damage mitigation? If that is not possible, then crit damage should probably go back to the way it was before with it being 25% base with 25% from Khali Blade or else make it a flat 50% bonus true damage and have Khali Blade do something else. I also really feel strongly that lethal barbed should be removed from the game as it is an item that allows you to have your cake and eat it too with regards to crit builds and how you manage your inventory spots.

Also this is not really a new topic per se and one could argue I am beating a dead horse, but the two main reasons I think AA heroes are going nuts right now (besides the attack speed buff that was toned down a bit) is crit damage and pyre damage in combination with very high attack speed. At the very least I think lethal barbed needs to be seriously rethought as an item because without it on a full 100% crit build you are going to have a relatively low attack rate unless you buy arcbound ravagers. And why would you buy a couple arcbound ravagers when lethal barbed does a better job all on its own (yah arcbound gives more crit chance and movement speed but it really is inferior to lethal barbed for what it does).

Ecko fixed this. In the next patch crits are physical damage. You just spent 10 minutes of typing for nothing.

Hahahaha, well that is good to know that armor will be useful again. On another note I just played a game as MAAR doing a crit build and could stand toe to toe with Nova (well actually we would just mutually kill each other over and over again). 2-3 shotting enemy heroes with an intel hero is funny to say the least. Cerebro is also funny cause you can just keep warping around the map like mad and having the team chase you like crazy and then since you have a super high attack rate and damage you just kamikaze creep waves into their base towers, then kill the tower real quick and warp home and rinse and repeat since your ultimate is online all the time. We ended up losing anyways cause it was a 3v5 and in the end a 3v4 against Nova, Boros, Crackling, and Vespus (my allies were zera and shadow so does anyone see a pattern here?), but is was fun to use on MAAR even though I pretty much instadied after killing 1 or two heroes because everyone in the game had shadowmourne.

it would be this patch (1.53) but we ran into a bug with it doing waaaay to much damage for some strange reason. initially this was because, for nova, her ill intent gave 100% crit, but then the crit damage was physical, so it would crit as well, which would do bonus damage, which would crit, which would do bonus damage... (all physical damage can crit)

anyways after that was fixed, something strange was still going on. no idear. anyways it was pretty rediculous with a contam shard

if crits go back to physical yes i can see barb needing to go back to 30%, but crits will not need to be fixed at all. even though armor will reduce the damage from the crit. crits will get more bonus damage, shard, nova passive, raynor passive and mark and i think there are a couple more. as well as they can leech from crits, but either way when/if they go back to phsycial there will be postive points and negative ones.

physical crits will be able to hit up to about 170% crit damage phsyical. before someone crys barb and a total of about 45 armor will counter aa mostly.

it would be this patch (1.53) but we ran into a bug with it doing waaaay to much damage for some strange reason. initially this was because, for nova, her ill intent gave 100% crit, but then the crit damage was physical, so it would crit as well, which would do bonus damage, which would crit, which would do bonus damage... (all physical damage can crit)

anyways after that was fixed, something strange was still going on. no idear. anyways it was pretty rediculous with a contam shard

Can balrog's ultimate crit? I never considered it :o

Also is it possible to change how criticals works? For example could you change it to some form of armour piercing/shattering? Or make it that everytime you proc a crit shot, your next attack will do bonus 50% WD or something? Not saying that these would be great solutions but maybe there is another way to work around the problem. Just trying to think of other ways to work around it LOL ;)

well... don't get ur derps up cause revolt is running on old info. true, its been planned to somehow adjust crits or make it physical damage, but thats not in the patch yet.

How was i running on old info? I said next patch crits would be physical damage and sure enough the next patch crits were physical damage... Not sure how this is old info seeing as i said it before it was made public.

yes, balrog's ult has always been able to crit. same with his heroic passive

And now I am playing crit build rog until it gets nerfed lol.

900+base damage with 100% crit rate plus near to 100% crit damage ala khali balde and boom boom, thats 1800+ damge, half of which is true damge?!

yup. it just got real :P

900+base damage with 100% crit rate plus near to 100% crit damage ala khali balde and boom boom, thats 1800+ damge, half of which is true damge?!

Please forgive me if I am mistaken but balrog's ult does 900 damage plus intelligence scaling that is spell damage now so it won't actually crit anything. And as of the patch released last night crits do 60% true damage with Khali Blade now. Not trying to be nitpicky as you may have not seen the latest patch.

Yea, you build khalil blade just for that crit ult is not worth it. that ult (crit ult) is pretty much equal to two to three of his normal attack. If you truely want to build him to deal dmg for his utl, might as well build him as AA. This 900 dmg buff changed from 500dmg.. isnt really much a big deal in the late game cuz his AA is really scary later. this hero is already strong as hell before.