Worst Abuses In The Game [1.50]

lOvOl

And by abuse I mean hero combos with items that are not really counterable or else require an entire team to buy a specific item to counter a hero (e.g. Shrapnel Cloak against Shadow or Parallax against Rory).

Here are the worst ones off the top of my head right now in no particular order:

(1) Rory with Lockbox and Sunflare - Sunflare used to do a flat amount of damage you could survive from with enough health after getting lockboxed and molotoved, but now that you don't have protect anymore and sunflare does insane burst damage, this is just a total abuse now with no good counter. Doesn't matter if you have impact dial or warp shard to get away as you will be instantly sunflared when you reappear from being lockboxed as molotov lands on you and then unless you have parallax handy, you will pretty much always die. Rory was cheesy enough with certain companion heroes and lockbox itself, but at least he needed to use his ultimate to add secondary damage after lockboxing and molying a hero, but now sunflare pretty much does the trick every time.

(2) Shadow With Stun Baton - I thought patch 1.49 was a joke when stun baton actually got buffed, but though stun baton is ridiculous on many heroes, with Shadow it takes the cake because your allies can't even click on him to help you out.in battle and you can't fight back because you are permastunned with the 500% attack speed cap.

(3) Any hero with a slow ability from their weapon (Darpa, Vespus, Cain, etc.) stacked with force of entropy and/or pyre and nitrogen refit - You get tagged and if you don't have warp shard handy, you are not gonna get away with most heroes. You have to stand your ground or just keep getting shot in the back.

(4) Zeratul with max attack speed, pyre, and anything else - Basically, the 500% attack speed cap and the extra second to his ultimate means he just has to hit R and attack his target and he will score a kill if he has good enough items. No skill necessary anymore with Zeratul, just hit R and strike away.

(5) Crackling - Just all around broken.

(6) Null with phantom menace or other movement speed items - You just get kited mercilessly with his combos and can't really fight back because you can never catch him.

(7) Micro with impact dial/warp shard or even both - This is really only a problem with premade crews as building micro with no DPS capabilities at all makes him a paper tiger, but otherwise he can literally hop the entire screen using impact dial and warp shard and his own warp and snag a hero to throw to his team. Seriously, why does impact dial and warp shard/small hadron collider not share the same cooldown timer? If you are going to keep this item in the game you also need to remove the blink abilities from heroes that have them, in particular Micro because it allows you to execute no risk maneuvers such as blinking in with small hadron collider, tossing a target, and then blinking back to his original position before anyone can counter him.

(8) Farming Aeon at the 2:20 mark - Why is this even possible? It is terrible because if things go badly for your team or the other team if Aeon is contested, half the people end up ragequitting and you are stuck playing a 5v3 or 5v2 on one side or the other. Have Aeon and Levi spawn at the 10 minute mark or something like that so this game ruining nonsense is one less thing to worry about.

(9) Boros and Cerebro - The recent change to Cerebro with a 2 second internal cooldown timer has done little to address this item on Boros as he can still essentially permaspellstorm. Cerebro is still an very annoying item on many other heroes as well, but Boros in particular it is just stupid since it synergizes so well with his passive ability of 34% base crit chance.

(10 Lethal Barbed - Just remove this idiotic item already. This is the "have your cake and eat it too" item or rather the "have your attack speed and your enormous weapon damage too" item. There is no downside to a crit build now with this item as it is even more OP now that the attack speed cap has been raised by such a significant amount. The item does not need a nerf, rather it just needs to be removed entirely.

There are probably plenty of other abuses I can't think of right now off the top of my head, so everybody please point out the worst abuses/cheese in the game right now because at the moment I don't think this game is worth playing anymore. In 1.47 there was plenty of cheese to go around, but 1.48+ is probably the cheesiest patch overall in the history of the game. There were other patches where maybe one major thing was broken on a particular hero, but now the major game mechanics changes made lately have had so many side effects that the game is just not fun anymore. In fact, I probably won't be playing this at all in the future because I think the devs think people are "just adjusting to the new style of play" and therefore not much is gonna change with regards to how broken AoS is right now as a fair and balanced MOBA game. If the game gets fixed, then maybe I will play again but right now so much is wrong with AoS that I am really starting to hate it in spite of how fun it has been through its ups and downs to date.

Oh yah and when is VETERAN MODE COMING BACK?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DST is a direct counter to FoE/ Nitropyre, null IMO is no longer an issue, flare gun rory is really strong early game (i don't ever get lockbox now, just rely on skill and early flare to kill) , barb is broken on only one hero (nova), the rest of heroes need many crit items to make it work, you are almost better off stacking arcbounds. Micro never bothered me, really.

For some of my own: Haste Talent, its just join or die. Best active in history of this game, owning protect in so many different ways. Worth getting on any hero. In fact the offence tree is just too good, my current standard is 4/1/1 on every hero, which hasn't failed me yet.

Glass Cannons: no one seems to want to go tank. Plenty of spellcasters, even more aa heroes, no tanks. I haven't seen a tank since 5 games ago (and it was int vorpal so not very tanky either, more of spellcaster than tank, if you ask me). No one seems to want to buy hp items. Most engagements seem to be decided by who takes the first shot.

Lol... Tanks don't exist? Are you mad? Stop playing your glass cannon Agi heroes cause there are very easy ways to rape there faces... everyone is wide eyed about the 500% WS that they forgetting the power of STR heroes. Yes, Str heroes were OP before this patch, its just now the Agi are catching up... But items such as parallax, electric mantle, shrapenal, chilling, SHC, DST, will always keep tanks in the game...

(1) Molotov is designed as a great initiation spell against highly durable enemies (splash one onto a gravitus and watch him run). The counter against the spell is really proper evasion once the ability has been applied. There are plenty of other hard counters as well (aside from Parallax), which include Screech, Mossbergs, Galactic Defender, and Spell Resist in general.

(2) The raising of the cap may seem a drastic change, but it was in response to criticisms that the stat itself was highly undervalued. Now that we've reached a point at which it's noticeably powerful, we have a gradient from which we can scale down the attribute to a more reasonable level. At this time, it is simply too easy to accrue weapon speed, which lends to the exacerbation of late-game AAs. So the point is, we're still adjusting it.

(3) Slows are countered by improved team coordination, spacing out your engagements, and a host of items (Parallax, Lockbox, Phase Cloak, Movement Speed). At this time, we're noticing that Force of Entropy is relatively high in popularity, in part due to the cost and slot effectiveness of the unique on the item, so there may be more changes to it on the way. There is a change to the way Movement Speed is calculated that may be tested in the future, to change the multiplicative relationship between slows and speed boosts.

(5) This doesn't tell us much. You will have to specify what you feel is too strong about Crackling.

(6) If the Null is stacking Movement Speed across the board, his damage output is probably pretty low. I'm reading this as if you want Phantom Menace to be completely useless on him.

(7) Micro specializes at initiation so building Warp Shard/Impact Dial contributes to his capacity to do so. The same idea goes for DPS Heroes; you buy more damage items just to DPS more. Mossberg Taser is a good counter against Micro, but you need quick fingers to pull it off.

(8) We understand that it can be frustrating to have someone leave early in the game. Aeon is one of the reasons why games might be ruined, but there are several more possible factors that can result to players quitting early i.e. Killstealing/Ganking at Neutrals, First Blood, and tri-laning. Changing Aeon to begin spawning in ten minutes won't change much, and it reduces a choice for players to make at early game. As for Daggoth, I don't think it's possible to kill it at level 1, unless both teams agree to work together(?)

(9) This is a concern that a few people have raised and we are still actively adjusting the relationship between the two.

(1) Molotov is designed as a great initiation spell against highly durable enemies (splash one onto a gravitus and watch him run). The counter against the spell is really proper evasion once the ability has been applied. There are plenty of other hard counters as well (aside from Parallax), which include Screech, Mossbergs, Galactic Defender, and Spell Resist in general.

(2) The raising of the cap may seem a drastic change, but it was in response to criticisms that the stat itself was highly undervalued. Now that we've reached a point at which it's noticeably powerful, we have a gradient from which we can scale down the attribute to a more reasonable level. At this time, it is simply too easy to accrue weapon speed, which lends to the exacerbation of late-game AAs. So the point is, we're still adjusting it.

(3) Slows are countered by improved team coordination, spacing out your engagements, and a host of items (Parallax, Lockbox, Phase Cloak, Movement Speed). At this time, we're noticing that Force of Entropy is relatively high in popularity, in part due to the cost and slot effectiveness of the unique on the item, so there may be more changes to it on the way. There is a change to the way Movement Speed is calculated that may be tested in the future, to change the multiplicative relationship between slows and speed boosts.

(5) This doesn't tell us much. You will have to specify what you feel is too strong about Crackling.

(6) If the Null is stacking Movement Speed across the board, his damage output is probably pretty low. I'm reading this as if you want Phantom Menace to be completely useless on him.

(7) Micro specializes at initiation so building Warp Shard/Impact Dial contributes to his capacity to do so. The same idea goes for DPS Heroes; you buy more damage items just to DPS more. Mossberg Taser is a good counter against Micro, but you need quick fingers to pull it off.

(8) We understand that it can be frustrating to have someone leave early in the game. Aeon is one of the reasons why games might be ruined, but there are several more possible factors that can result to players quitting early i.e. Killstealing/Ganking at Neutrals, First Blood, and tri-laning. Changing Aeon to begin spawning in ten minutes won't change much, and it reduces a choice for players to make at early game. As for Daggoth, I don't think it's possible to kill it at level 1, unless both teams agree to work together(?)

(9) This is a concern that a few people have raised and we are still actively adjusting the relationship between the two.

(1) True. Molotov by itself is not hard. Anyway avoiding the casting

is a proper way, he wants you molotoved for launch sunflare, and Lockbox is not always avoidable but taking care abour tange of skill item is a good way.

(5) In my opinión concept of hero is ok, a really fast ganker- carry hero. My only argue is about getting spell damage from all his spells. there are just only 2 spells increased by weapon damage marked as spell damage, sweeping strike from shadow and lock from ghost Lock is a really nice 1 shot but cooldowned. By this way, if Crack get crit ( actually) or GRavity, he got all 3 kind damage, besides this one of that skills is on-ext hit. So he is fully options offensively.

It is too easy to get weapon speed because Agility gives too much weapon speed. In pre-patch shadow with pyre and fully stacked Valor's Manifest was able to reach weapon speed cap about level 11, or maybe even sooner. So solution is quite simple to make weapon speed harder to get

I'm sincerely outraged with this patch on atacck speed, or you play with very bad people, or do not want to see. This game is currently broken and because of the speed atacck, tanks not exist die 1 ulti, for example that of boros, INT heroes or if want are chosen or ban, the single is jackson.Roulette and why the Teamfight is super important.

By the way Leviattan is possible to kill him at the beginning of the game from lvl 1 to 5 heros.

The next time could put the Beta open to all, so we can properly test things, who makes it currently has no idea of playing this game.

Perhaps the game should be balanced around people who know how to play and understand balance. Being top tier now doesn't mean you're good, it just means everyone better than you already left.

Do do seriously, every day people surprises me more with his mental capacity, you think that those who tested this are good?, since when the tester are good?, explain to me then why Diablo 3 for example came with 123123123 bugs, why not put good players, they made a closed beta, and so came 1243124124 failure just like here, have no idea of playing and put any lot of change. I said.

By the way, stops licking ass at the creators, if they do things well are welcomed, as for example some changes to the heroes that this well, but if do some things wrong, we must tell them also.

PD: Hi guys, i am tester, i am very PRO Aeon. As irony.

Do do seriously, every day people surprises me more with his mental capacity, you think that those who tested this are good?, since when the tester are good?, explain to me then why Diablo 3 for example came with 123123123 bugs, why not put good players, they made a closed beta, and so came 1243124124 failure just like here, have no idea of playing and put any lot of change. I said.

By the way, stops licking ass at the creators, if they do things well are welcomed, as for example some changes to the heroes that this well, but if do some things wrong, we must tell them also.

While I won't comment on the skill level of current inhousers relative to the previous generations, it is true that beta tests are mostly conducted among inhousers who are generally better than pubbers. This was mostly due to the fact that pretty much all pubbers were either uninformed of Mumble or too lazy/shy/distrustful to download Mumble and beta test.

So the there is no problem with a Rory lockboxing a hero (removing the skill aspect of using molotov which is a very powerful spell), and then sunflaring the hero as they reappear? As to your other comments about Micro being able to chain blink across the entire map not being a problem I am utterly flabbergasted. Are you guys balancing this game for the 10-12 people who play in house games at the expense of the other 99% Do you guys work on Wall Street or something?

While I won't comment on the skill level of current inhousers relative to the previous generations, it is true that beta tests are mostly conducted among inhousers who are generally better than pubbers. This was mostly due to the fact that pretty much all pubbers were either uninformed of Mumble or too lazy/shy/distrustful to download Mumble and beta test.

In soccer (football to you euros) great players very often make terrible coaches. The so-called inhause community of that insular group of 10-12 people have proven themselves time and time again at being utterly incompetent when it comes to balance concerns no matter how good they think they are at playing the game. This is a fact they don't want to acknowledge so it is no wonder they double down with claims like "oh Boros is balanced with Cerebro, just you don't know how to counter him" or the other logical fallacy "just use teamwork" as if the Boros player does not have a team of his own at his disposal (i.e. all other things being equal).

Most pubbers know about Mumble since it is prominently displayed on the loading screen but they also know what kind of people play on Mumble and don't care to associate with that kind of element as I have. Constantly saying people don't play in house games because they are ignorant or lazy is just another convenient method of ignoring the elephant in the room. Some of you guys know the truth but either won't admit it or are afraid of disturbing the hierarchy of the mumble community and never getting picked again for a game.

I have yet to see a single game where alpha was "broken" relative to other heros

Replays please?

You don't find that the fact he can move faster than the screen can refresh its frames a broken skill, let alone the DPS he puts out independent of any items he buys himself?

(1) Rory with Lockbox and Sunflare -

Use :MossbergTaser: before he uses :SchrodingersLockbox: . However, if you're neutrally slow, I can't help.

Get :ParallaxGenerator: to reduce the chance of his combo.

Why don't you fight him with your teammate?

(2) Shadow With Stun Baton -

Attack speed cap is lowed by 25% on V1.51 patch.

Stun Baton does not give weapon damage. It will only tickle you if a shadow build all Stun Baton.

I am very sure shadow's AA is single target so...

(3) Any hero with a slow ability from their weapon (Darpa, Vespus, Cain, etc.) stacked with force of entropy and/or pyre and nitrogen refit

I believe this is true since V6.

:ElectricMantle: will provide you enough of stun time to drop your spells or run away from him.

Also...

Why don't you fight with your teammate?

(4) Zeratul with max attack speed, pyre, and anything else -

If I can recall, his Ult was supposed to nerf hard when V6 was introduced.

Why would you fight a Zeratul 1 vs 1 in first place anyway.

I can't understand this one so I can't reply.

(6) Null with Phantom Menace and other movement speed items

If a Null build Phantom Menace with other movement speed item, his skill will tickle you and he will be very squish.

(7) Micro with impact dial/warp shard or even both -

I've never seem a serious game with a micro trying to build DPS so I can't understand your first statement.

Micro's role is initiator and all you stated seems like "working as intended" to me.

Again...

(8) Farming Aeon at the 2:20 mark - Why is this even possible?

Farming Aeon at any time of the game even at the beginning was possible since V5 so I have no idea why it suddenly becomes such a big deal.

Both team has the same ability to farm Aeon and it is encouraged to do so.

Why don't you kill Aeon with your teammate?

(9) Boros and Cerebro -

This sounds like working as intended.

(10 Lethal Barbed -

Very cool story and very helpful advice, sir.

There will be people thinking they are good enough to play Veteran Mode and rage quit the game cause they "think" their teammate sucks.

There will be pubstars in the beginner mode to make the new comer rage quit still.

It does not fix any rage quit issue nor provide any good to the new comers but divide the player base and makes the wait time longer.

Also, there is always In House.

In soccer (football to you euros) great players very often make terrible coaches. The so-called inhause community of that insular group of 10-12 people have proven themselves time and time again at being utterly incompetent when it comes to balance concerns no matter how good they think they are at playing the game.

Ok, if you haven't figured out by now that the devs don't listen to anyone but themselves you are even more stupid than what you look like.

Honestly...Owl....you are stooping to new levels of idiocy. Every single thread on this forum is not an opportunity for you to bash the IH community with misinformation, lies, and blatant ignorance.

You say IHers have proven themselves incompetent re: balance, but thats just a pathetic, baseless assertion. You actually have no flobing clue what goes on....you just assume because you have this deep seated anger towards this group. I find it absolutely incomprehensible that you feel comfortable passing judgement on a mumble community the majority of which you have never met or interacted with. YOU ARE NEVER ON MUMBLE....EVER. And dont vomit at me some hogwash about you trying mumble out a while ago...clearly, that wont help your case.

Let me make this patently clear. Most, if not all major changes are Ekco's ideas. The IH community is then presented with the task of testing them out, and tweaking them such that they are, at the very least, acceptable changes. The new creep spawn interval was originally set at 30 god-forsaken seconds. The IH community almost unanimously resisted the change....but Ekco was set on the idea of introducing momentum into the lanes. So we tested and tested until we found an interval that achieved this goal, without making creep stacking overwhelming. You may disagree with the premise behind the change, as many of us do, but that is not something that anyone can do anything about. Some changes are implemented without any testing and without our knowledge, such as the increased attack speed cap. Do you intend to blame this on us as well?

And please...please for the love of the great spaghetti monster in the sky...stop championing the absurd idea that this game should be balanced around the "pub experience". Anything and everything is "overpowered" in pub games. The pub concept of balance is inherently disadvantaged because the information one can gather from these games is most often meaningless. I could easily go 20-1 in 10 straight pub games with Leo. What exactly am I supposed to glean from this? Also, how the flob could the game be balanced any other way? How the hell is Ekco supposed to ascertain the "public opinion"? I mean, if you want to take it upon yourself to gather and consolidate the opinions of hundreds, if not thousands of largely inaccessible people...be my guest.

It appears to me you got butthurt some time ago on mumble...perhaps its time you got over it. The community has almost completely turned over since 5.0. The environment is more inclusive than it has ever been.

(1) Rory with Lockbox and Sunflare -

Use :MossbergTaser: before he uses :SchrodingersLockbox: . However, if you're neutrally slow, I can't help.

Get :ParallaxGenerator: to reduce the chance of his combo.

(2) Shadow With Stun Baton -

Attack speed cap is lowed by 25% on V1.51 patch.

Stun Baton does not give weapon damage. It will only tickle you if a shadow build all Stun Baton.

I am very sure shadow's AA is single target so...

(3) Any hero with a slow ability from their weapon (Darpa, Vespus, Cain, etc.) stacked with force of entropy and/or pyre and nitrogen refit

I believe this is true since V6.

:ElectricMantle: will provide you enough of stun time to drop your spells or run away from him.

Also...

Why don't you fight with your teammate?

(4) Zeratul with max attack speed, pyre, and anything else -

If I can recall, his Ult was supposed to nerf hard when V6 was introduced.

Why would you fight a Zeratul 1 vs 1 in first place anyway.

I can't understand this one so I can't reply.

(6) Null with Phantom Menace and other movement speed items

If a Null build Phantom Menace with other movement speed item, his skill will tickle you and he will be very squish.

(7) Micro with impact dial/warp shard or even both -

I've never seem a serious game with a micro trying to build DPS so I can't understand your first statement.

Micro's role is initiator and all you stated seems like "working as intended" to me.

Again...

(8) Farming Aeon at the 2:20 mark - Why is this even possible?

Farming Aeon at any time of the game even at the beginning was possible since V5 so I have no idea why it suddenly becomes such a big deal.

Both team has the same ability to farm Aeon and it is encouraged to do so.

Why don't you kill Aeon with your teammate?

(9) Boros and Cerebro -

This sounds like working as intended.

(10 Lethal Barbed -

Very cool story and very helpful advice, sir.

There will be people thinking they are good enough to play Veteran Mode and rage quit the game cause they "think" their teammate sucks.

There will be pubstars in the beginner mode to make the new comer rage quit still.

It does not fix any rage quit issue nor provide any good to the new comers but divide the player base and makes the wait time longer.

Also, there is always In House.

Besides your last blurb about In House. In pubs you have no "teammates" You have a bunch of rage quitters and new users who build stupid shap and have no idea what they're doing. Even if you ping and tell them to help you get neutral creeps they already run into a lane and become unresponsive. Although your answers were well intended, the rhetorical question you posed might as well have been asked to my rectum because seriously since in pubs do you play anything else than a DPS AA hero.

Blizzard Patches based on Professional play.. IH is considered a Arcade games Professional play.. Void rays are amazing in ladder matches at bronze-gold maybe even plat. But if you reach diamond or perhaps masters magically Void rays are not so great anymore.. So Blizzard nerfs and buffs according to the top tier of player.. Why wouldn't the Devs here procceed the same way?? We all may not like the changes but the game is moving forward.. and there are already changes to reverse some of the current issues we are having.. IH does there job well just as Professional SC2 guys do theres..

That being said,I really don't think the game should be based around the PUB experience.. As was previously said there by peas.. Any good player could go 20-1 with any hero against someone who just started playing.. but to go 20-1 against someone who knows what they are doing is a different idea entirely..

Also, I only play PUB games.. I don't know if I will ever get on Mumble.. As I get retarded amounts of anxiety from meeting new people.. I barely post my opinions on here.. with out losing it.. Sad I know.. but we all got our little things to deal with..

Honestly...Owl....you are stooping to new levels of idiocy. Every single thread on this forum is not an opportunity for you to bash the IH community with misinformation, lies, and blatant ignorance.

You say IHers have proven themselves incompetent re: balance, but thats just a pathetic, baseless assertion. You actually have no flobing clue what goes on....you just assume because you have this deep seated anger towards this group. I find it absolutely incomprehensible that you feel comfortable passing judgement on a mumble community the majority of which you have never met or interacted with. YOU ARE NEVER ON MUMBLE....EVER. And dont vomit at me some hogwash about you trying mumble out a while ago...clearly, that wont help your case.

Let me make this patently clear. Most, if not all major changes are Ekco's ideas. The IH community is then presented with the task of testing them out, and tweaking them such that they are, at the very least, acceptable changes. The new creep spawn interval was originally set at 30 god-forsaken seconds. The IH community almost unanimously resisted the change....but Ekco was set on the idea of introducing momentum into the lanes. So we tested and tested until we found an interval that achieved this goal, without making creep stacking overwhelming. You may disagree with the premise behind the change, as many of us do, but that is not something that anyone can do anything about. Some changes are implemented without any testing and without our knowledge, such as the increased attack speed cap. Do you intend to blame this on us as well?

And please...please for the love of the great spaghetti monster in the sky...stop championing the absurd idea that this game should be balanced around the "pub experience". Anything and everything is "overpowered" in pub games. The pub concept of balance is inherently disadvantaged because the information one can gather from these games is most often meaningless. I could easily go 20-1 in 10 straight pub games with Leo. What exactly am I supposed to glean from this? Also, how the flob could the game be balanced any other way? How the hell is Ekco supposed to ascertain the "public opinion"? I mean, if you want to take it upon yourself to gather and consolidate the opinions of hundreds, if not thousands of largely inaccessible people...be my guest.

It appears to me you got butthurt some time ago on mumble...perhaps its time you got over it. The community has almost completely turned over since 5.0. The environment is more inclusive than it has ever been.

Oh no!...........

Its on now!......

I wont get involved!

All i will say is. Everything in this game can be countered. Since that is true, to me nothing is OP in this game....

Owl, I've noticed a common thread in your posts. Please do us all a favor and take some time to study the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Ad_hominem

Until you can learn to avoid recurring, blatant logical fallacies in your reasoning, no one intelligent in this community is going to take you seriously.

Archived