Alpha.Crackling

TheUnseen

I guess it is a bit to early to tell if the new hero Alpha.Crackling is balanced or not..

But one thing I would like to adress is the heros ulti. I find it interesting that the crackling gets the ability to move around at a very fast speed and cannot be slowed down. How this is balanced or not is probably also to early to tell. But what I dont like so far is that Zeratuls ulti can't slow him down. As of lore I suppose the Crackling should not be able pass by at that speed unaffected by the distortion in time and space itself. Neither does that seem balanced to me..

Zeratul doesnt have the most hp of all heroes late game and it isnt very fair when the crackling just runs up and snipes zeratul. What I havent tested is if the attackspeed of the crackling remains unaffected or not.

Another thing is when the Crackling draws agro from the tower by attacking a hero that is "allied" with that tower. I havent tested this very much but it seems that the towers often pick the little zerglings before targeting the Crackling itself.

The reason I find this unbalanced is because the Crackling can run in, snipe and get out almost uncontested even when under the protection of a tower (as long as there are zerglings to spare that is).

This is my first post at any forum actually so please don't burn me at the stake if I posted this thread the wrong way.

Would like to hear others thoughts about this.

His Ultimate just allows him to run quickly even in the bubble, he is still silenced and will attack at 5% Time Scale while in it. His E and W do hurt squishies quite well. Also I found Hive Symbiosis to be amazing with his zerglings. AoE helps against him.

Every game i played so far (about 6 games,) I never found him to much of a threat, unless i played a hero that doesnt do well in close combat situations. (Played Maar, and after a right, i got jumped by a rather tanky ling, but almost killed him in the process). Does the current change no longer grant him FIXED movement speed? In my opinion, i thought the Flat movement speed was a little lame. His zerglings tho seem to be pretty good for pushing spawns

Out of all the new heros that have come out (Besides queen) i honestly found him not to be that over powered compared to how badly other heros were when they first did.

[Note] I have not tried playing him yet.

-Edit- the last statement how i said that i don't find him that over powered, it more of, I actually just dont find him OP, rather its probably just the fast AA makes him towards stronger side, but other AA heros seem much better than him.

I guess it is a bit to early to tell if the new hero Alpha.Crackling is balanced or not..

But one thing I would like to adress is the heros ulti. I find it interesting that the crackling gets the ability to move around at a very fast speed and cannot be slowed down. How this is balanced or not is probably also to early to tell. But what I dont like so far is that Zeratuls ulti can't slow him down. As of lore I suppose the Crackling should not be able pass by at that speed unaffected by the distortion in time and space itself. Neither does that seem balanced to me..

Zeratul doesnt have the most hp of all heroes late game and it isnt very fair when the crackling just runs up and snipes zeratul. What I havent tested is if the attackspeed of the crackling remains unaffected or not.

Another thing is when the Crackling draws agro from the tower by attacking a hero that is "allied" with that tower. I havent tested this very much but it seems that the towers often pick the little zerglings before targeting the Crackling itself.

The reason I find this unbalanced is because the Crackling can run in, snipe and get out almost uncontested even when under the protection of a tower (as long as there are zerglings to spare that is).

This is my first post at any forum actually so please don't burn me at the stake if I posted this thread the wrong way.

Would like to hear others thoughts about this.

does it make sense lore wise that an enemy zeratul gets trapped in an allied zeratuls chronosphere? And vice-versa?

He is not imba now as they fixed his ulti (which now gives him more movement speed instead of setting it to a flat value) so he is pretty balanced, as he can deal a lot of damage but is very weak.

Weak? he can literally come back from death to life, if he has 300 damage in late game (he can reach 400 lol) he will regen 600 with w + your leech, and that's insane imo, unless you are a ranged hero and he just wasted the blink, its hard to deal with alpha, im not saying he is op, but he is far from weak

Crackling is a strong ganker with a speed boost for his ult but he still suffers the same as any other ganker; get caught out of position and you're an extra squishy target. That snap heal won't help you much if you don't land the hit, if they spike you dead before you land it, or if they just spike you again after you land it. I've pwned face with Crackling but I've also had my ass handed to me when I had unreliable teammates.

Weak? he can literally come back from death to life, if he has 300 damage in late game (he can reach 400 lol) he will regen 600 with w + your leech, and that's insane imo, unless you are a ranged hero and he just wasted the blink, its hard to deal with alpha, im not saying he is op, but he is far from weak

What I mean is that almost any caster can blow him up from distance, not like boros with his ss or nova with her cloak :P

Alpha is seriously strong, although good players can resist against him he is perfectly geared to farm any new user meaning he wins out in any game with mixed skill levels.

EDIT: also he is good in all stages of the game, at beginning you can always win through attrition by using E, in mid game his ulti will win out against pretty much anything, in endgame his crit and leech make him a beast- he never drops off.

Thus far, the cracklings I have seen either stick with a group or try and farm alone and gank. the gank/farmers end up real dead, but if hes working as part of a team, he's scary. AOE or Explosive do help, but its not just the lings...its the quick bursts followed by sustained DPS when you are trying to fight other heroes at the same time.

Crackling is a boss chaser/finisher, but is very vulnerable when alone, in my experience.

So explosive helps to negate his heroic passive. He doesn't rely on his passive to kill, it just adds extra oomph.

Truesight Elixer negates Shadow's heroic passive. Therefore, TSE is a hard counter for Shadow. This is why Dustin Brawler is so OP; there's no way to counter his passive. Didn't you know that?

Truesight Elixer negates Shadow's heroic passive. Therefore, TSE is a hard counter for Shadow. This is why Dustin Brawler is so OP; there's no way to counter his passive. Didn't you know that?

So DARPA = gg then?

;D

ummm. I might be falling for a troll, or just ignorant.

However, how does TSE counter shadow's ulti?

I read this, then tested it with a friend to find that I could -not- fight a shodow in his ulti using elixer...

enlighten me?

I'd say ignorant because you're ignoring key words in what was written. TSE counter Shadow's heroic passive; the ability that makes him not appear to enemies on the minimap. The point of the comment was in regards to people saying that Explosive Retrofit is a counter to Crackling because it kills his adds (spawned by his heroic passive) when they aren't nearly the primary threat Crackling offers. I pointed out obtusely that TSE counters Shadow's heroic passive and is therefore a counter to Shadow (His heroic passive isn't his primary threat) and that Dustin has no counter in the game because there's no item or ability that makes you invisible to his radar.

I'd say ignorant because you're ignoring key words in what was written. TSE counter Shadow's heroic passive; the ability that makes him not appear to enemies on the minimap. The point of the comment was in regards to people saying that Explosive Retrofit is a counter to Crackling because it kills his adds (spawned by his heroic passive) when they aren't nearly the primary threat Crackling offers. I pointed out obtusely that TSE counters Shadow's heroic passive and is therefore a counter to Shadow (His heroic passive isn't his primary threat) and that Dustin has no counter in the game because there's no item or ability that makes you invisible to his radar.

oh for the love of god.

I am going to blame this on being tired, but I think the truth is my reading skills just trolled me.

Thanks for clearing that up

hes not op theres ways to shut him down roy fire is hell for the ling lol vop aoe murders his lings an so on others, he does own heros like egon he might of put more of a fight if he didnt get nerf a bit which i didnt see the reson why to.

But for most heros that dont put out high dps such as support heros ya hes a support killer if ur good with him you can pick off there support that always behind the front lines which helps cause what support lacks in raw power makes up in helping the team take out enemys even the best hero cant solo full team that can shut down.

I fine him fun to use an dont think he needs to be change but ya if you let him pick off your team off 1 by 1 you might have a hard time dealing with him early on work as a team hes dead almost hes almost dead out rite late game.

When you jungle with him, its just so easy to get fed to holy hell. If he meets another jungler, he can win a 1v1 easily. He is one of the best gankers, and with his ulti + haste he can get around the map quickly to help/kill everyone. The thing is, I'm not sure what to change on him. If you want to see how jungling often leads him to owning, check out these two replays http://www.sendspace.com/file/67d0j9 http://www.sendspace.com/file/j28ni9

His biggest weakness is how much he needs to rely on his team; just like any other DPS. I had a match just about an hour ago where I went 18-6 with Crack but we still lost because our tank was a flobtard from the start and quit game leaving us with me plus Boros, Rancor, and Shadow... and the rest of my team put together maybe totaled 18 kills tops. Meanwhile, the other team had Crack, Brine, Drake, Cyprus, and Tych. Their Crack was completely underwhelming and it was the Brine+Drake combo that mainly beat us... though since our Shadow wouldn't get spell resist even after being told it would help vs Cyp, he kept getting one-shot by Fist repeatedly. All in all, we won on kills and the other team won on artifact destruction. So having a Crackling, even a good Crackling, doesn't equal a won game. Having a Crackling doesn't even mean you, personally, will be awesome. He has his strengths and his weaknesses as all heroes do.

His biggest weakness is how much he needs to rely on his team; just like any other DPS.

Haha well, Its a team game, you win or loose as a team.

As for this thread, Cracking is very strong against anyone without aoe. Ranged AA heros can hard counter with explosive retrofit but most other heros just get sniped off unless they can pin him down. Not much you can do about that, he represents the swarm well :P

His biggest weakness is he needs his lings to be OP. A cracking with no lings is not scary at all.

His biggest strengths are hyper mobility and swarming as well as the fact that all his skills have a coodown < 10 (very spammable)

(O and early game his slow actually does a ton of damage, and he naturally gets a crapton of agi compared to other heros (armor + attack speed))

If you were going to nerf him it would probably be to increase the CD of his skills or reduce some of his agi

its not uncommon for him to have 40-50 armor or more as part of a natural build