This Patch has Ruined the Pub Experience

lOvOl

Obviously this patch was tested for the 1% or less of games played by ihausers while the other 99% pretty much has to live with these changes, so it is no wonder certain common sense considerations were left at the wayside when all of these recent gameplay changes were made. So anyways here is why I feel this patch has ruined the pub experience:

(1) Creep spawn rates as others have mentioned have made it so that caster heroes who rely on their skills for farming will run out of mana extremely fast, not just because of the sheer numbers of creeps but also because there is no longer an energize, rather a pathetic hybrid of vitalize and energize now. This makes AA builds and AA heroes way overpowered when laning. Pub players like to play a variety of heroes for fun and right now you just get demolished so fast when laning (especially in long lane) that casters can do nothing but turtle for the most part as you have to choose whether to burn your mana to injure AA heroes or farm and usually it is better to just use your skills for farming and be very conservative with them as AA heroes can just get all their health back very fast with all the lifesteal and weapon damage you can get early game (leeching saber + lifesteal talent is 27% lifesteal to start which is insane).

(2) Utility tree is pure crap for the most part when compared to defense and offense. As a caster you simply have to go defense all the time if you want any hope at all of not getting instakilled in the first couple of laning phases. Only reason to get utility at all is the warp to allies ability which gives you good sustain indirectly through having a free portal home to go along with it. So not so experienced players tend to feed even harder than ever now because they go utility tree and end up getting one shotted by a variety of AA heroes.

(3) Weapon speed cap increase was a terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibbbbbbbbbbbblllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee idea. I mean WTF? Stun baton on Shadow was cheesy enough before but now it is just ridiculously idiotic and stun baton is crazy stupid on a bunch of heroes now. I mean did too many Shadow players complain about not getting 30 kills a game in the last patch that an attack speed cap buff was warranted? What is even worse about this is far as the pub scene is concerned is that not so great players refuse to get utility items like warp shard/impact dial to keep out of range of AA heroes, and if they don't they just feed heroes like Shadow very fast and then everything snowballs from there. I thought the old pulse hammer was removed because people got sick of how cheesy it was on heroes that could get a really high attack rate and permastun their targets.

(4) Again the creep spawn rates make it so if you lose a player to drops/leaving against a premade team (yah when are you guys ever going to do something to discourage this nonsense), you are going to lose because you can't possibly defend all lanes from passive lane pushing and still push yourself. Droppers/leavers/ragequitters are part of the pub experience due to VETERAN MODE NEVER BEING REINSTITUTED AFTER BEING PROMISED TO COME BACK, but now you can't even work around this problem anymore due to the logistics of lane pushing now. It is like the Little Dutch Boy Who Saved Holland fable where he tries to plug every hole in the dike and you just can't do it cause the creeps keep pouring in like mad.

(5) What are the point in neutral creeps now if you never have time to farm them. You go and try and farm a neutral creep camp and your tower falls down because the moment one wave of creeps is dispatched another immediately shows up in its place.

(6) Due to the nature of my personal life, I have to AFK for a few minutes at a time every now and then and come back to the game (usually after a death but not always). Unfortunately, you leave the game temporarily for any reason and 3 towers fall down thanks to creep madness. A lot of pub players are casual players like myself and like AoS because it is laid back and does not require a caffeine binge to stay focused for an hour straight. The new mechanics make you lose super fast if you leave your chair for even a moment which is just a terrible thing for pub games as players having to AFK every now and then for real life reasons is extremely common when playing with random teams.

(5) What are the point in neutral creeps now if you never have time to farm them. You go and try and farm a neutral creep camp and your tower falls down because the moment one wave of creeps is dispatched another immediately shows up in its place.

You're not going to lose your tower because of one creep wave, unless the opponent is a well leveled pushing hero.

In any case, the point of neutral creeps is for jungling and for acquiring their very handy buffs.

We're working on a revised neutral buff system. Should be pretty interesting, since other games haven't done it before.

Neutrals give a lot more exp and minerals than creep. Their ratios have remained the same, while creep exp and mineral values were reduced. So the ratio of Health/(XP&Min) is far greater on neutral creeps).

My FPS this game is the worse I ever remember it being, AA heroes are more broken than ever, game time is longer than ever (nonstop creep battles, by the time you wipe one, another arrives, once you get to tower with your then massive wave it gets owned with tower while creeps tank), lack of teleporters is stupid at best. Overall, this is, IMO worst patch ever.

EDIT: I was apparently wrong about the FPS. While it is worse than it was before, in the next several games I played, FPS never went as bad as it was in the first two games that I played before making this post. The other points IMO are still valid however. There are also some good changes like the fixing of null and bio, as well as simplifying of talent trees (still needs balancing, but its a good start) so I can't call this patch dreadful. Some things are not right, but I hope that they will be addressed soon.

I agree, and ALT+F4 quits will result in your hand being chopped off.

I had a game just now where I got chronoed by Zera and was about to die, and my computer froze making it look like I did a rage disconnect. Have not had AoS actually crash SC2 in a very, very long time. I could not even ALT+F4 if I wanted to.

We're working on a revised neutral buff system. Should be pretty interesting, since other games haven't done it before.

Neutrals give a lot more exp and minerals than creep. Their ratios have remained the same, while creep exp and mineral values were reduced. So the ratio of Health/(XP&Min) is far greater on neutral creeps).

Tbh, how it is now, i don't lane anymore. I just run around, get some neutrals, and gank lanes, because you get far more XP from assists.

And still you often don't get XP for a hero kill! (No tower kill)

The pub are broken, it is impossible to have a 5v5 game anymore ( even worse than before). people quit even before level 6.

The reason is that in many pub games, the level differences are huge. Heroes wont gain too much experience form the lanes creeps. Once you are weak, and try to turtle at the tower for just experience, you opponents can farm the neutrals and gain good amount of exp. just two or three neutral waves, you are 2 level behind them. The opponents will reach level 6 far earlier than you, and you will be killed and ganked. The pub gamers always feel frustrated and then leave the game.

Before, even you are not good, you have almost same level as skilled players. Your items are little behind, but you still have a change to fight back by combination with another hero. Now, once you are behind, it is impossible to fight back due to in lack of items and level.

Again, can we try to slow down the wave a little bit to 45 sec, and increase some experience and money from the lanes ?

It is not only an issue for pub games, for inhouses as well. Once u get behind there is no way to come back during laning faze. Creeps give much less money and experience so it is very hard to farm for majority of heroes. When u are behind it is even harder. Moreover u have to waste 1/6 talents points to get additional energy, otherwise majority of heroes are out of mana after using 2 abilities. So again - farming is much harder. So my question is - how hero like rancor can farm early game while is quite hard to last hit with him and creeps gives much less experience?

Agree with the op.

This game version can be gotten used to, but there are fundamental problems with it that need correcting and the overall "pub" experience has turned into AA wars instead of SOTIS...AOS...whatever the hell you want to call it.

AA carries should not be the only viable characters.

rancor still rapes face and can semi carry games as a caster :)

It is not only an issue for pub games, for inhouses as well. Once u get behind there is no way to come back during laning faze. Creeps give much less money and experience so it is very hard to farm for majority of heroes. When u are behind it is even harder. Moreover u have to waste 1/6 talents points to get additional energy, otherwise majority of heroes are out of mana after using 2 abilities. So again - farming is much harder. So my question is - how hero like rancor can farm early game while is quite hard to last hit with him and creeps gives much less experience?

out of all the heros with energy problems rancor isnt one of them... unless your ur going aa rancor. but int rancor should start out pendant and the 1.2 energy regen talant and can snipe to his hearts content. also sniping creeps for the last hit is ok :)

If u go Rancor INT build u don't have talents like +15 WD and +15 WS, ergo your farming potential is really low. Maybe u wouldn't have energy problems but rancor can't use that energy to farm before lvl 6. U can harass opponents with it but what is the point if there is AA hero with additional WD, WS and leech from very beginning?

If u go Rancor INT build u don't have talents like +15 WD and +15 WS, ergo your farming potential is really low. Maybe u wouldn't have energy problems but rancor can't use that energy to farm before lvl 6. U can harass opponents with it but what is the point if there is AA hero with additional WD, WS and leech from very beginning?

u dont need that weapon dmg or weapon speed to last hit creeps. u shouldnt be trying to push the wave in most cases anyways.

I had a game just now where I got chronoed by Zera and was about to die, and my computer froze making it look like I did a rage disconnect. Have not had AoS actually crash SC2 in a very, very long time. I could not even ALT+F4 if I wanted to.

Learn to control alt delete or hold the power button for 10 seconds! You n00b! AoS is so bad right now that it's causing a storm to hit the east coast. Ecko won't fix this game because he doesn't care about the East Coast! Aside from the easy jokes on forum favorites owl and Ecko....

There should be more outlets for beta testing since the changes are drastic (how about calling this 7.0 since this new system changes the entire game), a public beta like the famous # map from back in the day would work. Then there would be more feedback ahead of time than getting a ridiculous amount of post and negative feedback from everyone when it is released (I can imagine the fun everyone is having in beta testing). Though the organized community has its complaints and is fairly balanced (the teams are rarely even for a 5v5 competitive game), the public community deals with different issues (mostly from drops and rage quits) that make certain characters almost a must if they want any chance of competing.